1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Dec '22 04:21
    Hi,

Can we have a right-wing, inbred, mainly US, paranoid, conspiracy moronity forum please?

So we can clear out the Debates forum.

Thanks.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Dec '22 08:05
    @shavixmir said
    Hi,

Can we have a right-wing, inbred, mainly US, paranoid, conspiracy moronity forum please?

So we can clear out the Debates forum.

Thanks.
    You would need a bunch of moderators moving the threads....
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '22 17:351 edit
    @shavixmir

Out of 6 threads going in the debates forum that you created...

3 are about the USA.

It is dominated by U.S. crap and that is unfortunate.
    Maybe having a separate American Debates forum would help.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '22 17:482 edits
    @ponderable said
    You would need a bunch of moderators moving the threads....
    Not really.

Just add an American Debates forum.
    All of the Americans and american issues can go there and the original debate forum can be for the rest of the world.

At first a mod would have to move some threads around but people will learn quick.

Technology and Culture are dead forums. Drop them and put in American Debates.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Dec '22 21:23
    You all could just create your own private forum, and control who is allowed to participate, and kick out anyone you don't want.

In other words, create a club.

You would be the admin of the club, and can have control of what happens in that club. As the admin, you are the modetator and the bouncer. Once you have it created, you could send out private message invitations to those that you would like to have in your club. Problem solved!

I think that's how it works, anyway. I've never started a club here, but I'm guessing that's how they work.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '22 21:25
    Clubs are just echo chambers of like minded people.

Very boring and no debates.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 01:48
    @booger said
    Just add an American Debates forum.
    All of the Americans and american issues can go there and the original debate forum can be for the rest of the world.
    So start a club named the "NON-AMERICAN Debates Forum club."
    As the admin, you can keep the americans out of the club, and kick out any club member that starts a thread about american issues.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 03:28
    @mwmiller said
    So start a club named the "NON-AMERICAN Debates Forum club."
    As the admin, you can keep the americans out of the club, and kick out any club member that starts a thread about american issues.
    As a club leader and member of several clubs, I can testify to the fact that you can't maintain a thriving forum without generating some conflict, and if you separate the pugilists they leave and the forum rapidly deteriorates into a mix of word games and jokes. Persuading people to challenge other members' ideas in an interesting and thought-provoking manner is just way too difficult in an uninhibited environment.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 04:48
    @booger said
    Clubs are just echo chambers of like minded people.

Very boring and no debates.
    Club 395
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 05:02
    @kewpie said
    As a club leader and member of several clubs, I can testify to the fact that you can't maintain a thriving forum without generating some conflict, and if you separate the pugilists they leave and the forum rapidly deteriorates into a mix of word games and jokes. Persuading people to challenge other members' ideas in an interesting and thought-provoking manner is just way too difficult in an uninhibited environment.
    This ⬆️
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 05:03
    @divegeester said
    Club 395
    Application sent!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree