1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '22 10:02
    @metal-brain said
    You are.

"The "Dark Ages" is a term for the Early Middle Ages or Middle Ages in Western Europe after the fall of the Western Roman Empire, characterizing it as marked by economic, intellectual, and cultural decline."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages_(historiography)

Economic, intellectual, and cultural decline.
    That is what happens when people have to shut up about science.
    No, fool.

It is what happens in today's world when far too many uneducated people buy into disinformation driven by con artists, or just people who can't admit that they don't know any better
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 01:48
    @suzianne said
    No, fool.

It is what happens in today's world when far too many uneducated people buy into disinformation driven by con artists, or just people who can't admit that they don't know any better
    That is exactly what you are doing.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '22 15:26
    @Metal-Brain
    No, you are talking to someone who actually had the guts and intelligence to get an actual COLLEGE degree which AUTOMATICALLY puts her head and shoulders above the likes of you who are clearly defensive about not even completing HS.
    I have had a LOT more education than you EVER will and will put my real knowledge up against your pathetic range any time. It is not a coincidence my chess rating here is above 1700. And BTW I got that rating by STUDY. Something you should try yourself someday if you can get over the paranoia you have against real intelligence.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 23:521 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    No, you are talking to someone who actually had the guts and intelligence to get an actual COLLEGE degree which AUTOMATICALLY puts her head and shoulders above the likes of you who are clearly defensive about not even completing HS.
    I have had a LOT more education than you EVER will and will put my real knowledge up against your pathetic range any time. It is ...[text shortened]... you should try yourself someday if you can get over the paranoia you have against real intelligence.
    Defensive? LOL! I volunteered the information.
    Did you ever think to ask why I dropped out of high school? Did you ever think to ask if I got my GED and went to college? By the way, I did.

Why the personal attacks? Are you trying to distract people here from your failure to make a point of any sort? Maybe you and suzi should form an ad hominem attack support group. That way you can digress away from honest science and debates forever.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '22 18:041 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    So you said you dropped out at 15 but never said anything about GED or college so how much college did you complete?
    It is still clear you don't want scientific answers, you just want to prove your own superiority.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '22 21:561 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    So you said you dropped out at 15 but never said anything about GED or college so how much college did you complete?
    It is still clear you don't want scientific answers, you just want to prove your own superiority.
    "how much college did you complete?"

Does it matter? Einstein was a college dropout. Right?

" you just want to prove your own superiority."

You flatter me.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 May '22 08:25
    @metal-brain said
    "how much college did you complete?"

Does it matter? Einstein was a college dropout. Right?
    Wrong.

He graduated, first from the Zurich polytechnic, and five years later for his PhD from Zurich University. The myth that he was a university dropout is just that, a myth perpetuated by under-educated people to make themselves feel better.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '22 19:42
    @Metal-Brain
    So you won't say what you did with your GED, how much college you got.
    My guess is you don't want to admit how little real education you received.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '22 02:55
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    So you won't say what you did with your GED, how much college you got.
    My guess is you don't want to admit how little real education you received.
    My guess is that it would not matter. You would not feel better about yourself either way. If I have a better education than you it would make you feel bested. If I have a lesser education you would have to accept you were proven wrong multiple times by a slacker. Hardly good for your ego.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '22 02:561 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Wrong.

He graduated, first from the Zurich polytechnic, and five years later for his PhD from Zurich University. The myth that he was a university dropout is just that, a myth perpetuated by under-educated people to make themselves feel better.
    My mistake. He dropped out of high school when he was 15 just like I did.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '22 13:35
    @Metal-Brain
    So now you compare yourself with Einstein. BTW, I have a GREAT bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '22 14:20
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    So now you compare yourself with Einstein. BTW, I have a GREAT bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
    I cannot help it if he dropped out of school. Maybe you should stop judging people for being a dropout by implying a lacking IQ. His teacher suggested he leave school because he thought for himself. A lot of people don't like rebels and Einstein was a rebel.

He was not a conformist. That is why he was a great physicist. Because of it, not despite it.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '22 18:31
    @Metal-Brain
    How would you define a 'conformist' physicist anyway?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 May '22 03:02
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    How would you define a 'conformist' physicist anyway?
    Someone who lacks creativity and suppresses others creativity because of textbook rigidity. That is why Einstein hated high school and quit. His teacher suggested the idea because his teacher was a conformist fool that hated independent thinkers. Schools are full of them.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 May '22 13:44
    @metal-brain said
    My mistake. He dropped out of high school when he was 15 just like I did.
    Leaving high school to move to tertiary education is not "dropping out". You're just making even more of a fool of yourself by comparing yourself to Einstein. You are nothing like him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree