1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '22 13:37
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Because is it obvious you ALWAYS have a motive, political or otherwise. You fool nobody on that score but you would never admit it, not even be CAPABLE of admitting it so you next post will be just more of the same.
    You are psychologically incapable of learning from established science but you ONLY go to fringe groups in the sad hope they can be proven right a ...[text shortened]... ver admit that either. If a fringe group argued the sky is orange you would try to prove them right.
    You don't have political motives? LOL!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jun '22 17:20
    @Metal-Brain
    My political motives are those that ensure democracy. Zombie repubs are working hard to end it here. I want actual humans in office who want to actually do good for the people who elected them not power mongers like Cruz and Moscow Mitch and the rest of the zombie crowd, they have one thing on their so-called minds and one thing only, POWER any way they can get it and keep it as long as they can.
    You on the other hand are one of those more interested in destroying democracy and instilling dictators.
  3. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    Moves
    04 Jun '22 21:161 edit
    @soothfast said
    I do speak a bit in jest, as any physicist has to do mathematics of some sort every day. By and large I'm making oblique references to highly speculative theorizing in areas of cosmology and particle physics that these days seems more a game for either physicists bored with physics or mathematicians bored with mathematics. It can be fun playing the fool in another's fiel ...[text shortened]... pertise, but too much grant money is being sucked up by string theory and hunts for "god particles."
    This has always been true, because it's human nature to cling to a favorite theory even if that's all it is... a theory. The statement "nature abhors a vacuum" can apply to people who cannot stand to see empty spots, and so will plug holes with the most promising theories at hand.
    One of the biggest problems with this way of dealing with unknowns is imo after only one or two generations stopgap theories can become established scientific fact. This means if a better, more viable theory comes along it needs to bring a crow bar, for prying loose the stop gap fix.

All of this takes up enormous time and effort, but even so it is somewhat amazing how far science has advanced in the past few hundred years. And not because of, but in spite of human nature.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 02:10
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    My political motives are those that ensure democracy. Zombie repubs are working hard to end it here. I want actual humans in office who want to actually do good for the people who elected them not power mongers like Cruz and Moscow Mitch and the rest of the zombie crowd, they have one thing on their so-called minds and one thing only, POWER any way they can get ...[text shortened]... on the other hand are one of those more interested in destroying democracy and instilling dictators.
    So glad you don't have political motives.
    LOL!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 16:391 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    You on the other hand work to DESTROY democracy, and in the US that makes YOU a traitor. If you were in Russia and spoke out against Putin, how long do you think you would be alive? There is a HUGE difference in political motives and TRAITOROUS motives working to destroy democracy, the founding principle of the US whether you like it or not and obviously you HATE it. So good luck writing me off as you laugh about it COMRADE TRAITOR.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '22 02:35
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You on the other hand work to DESTROY democracy, and in the US that makes YOU a traitor. If you were in Russia and spoke out against Putin, how long do you think you would be alive? There is a HUGE difference in political motives and TRAITOROUS motives working to destroy democracy, the founding principle of the US whether you like it or not and obviously you HATE it. So good luck writing me off as you laugh about it COMRADE TRAITOR.
    What democracy? We live in a plutocracy.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jun '22 12:26
    @Metal-Brain
    Says the Putin puppet. Putin says 'great work, comrade'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree