1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '22 02:25
    Does under dense space repel collective matter?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41550-016-0036

If so, does it explain the expansion of the universe? Eliminate the need for dark matter to explain why the galaxy doesn't fly apart from spinning so fast?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Apr '22 06:27
    @metal-brain said
    Does under dense space repel collective matter?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41550-016-0036

If so, does it explain the expansion of the universe? Eliminate the need for dark matter to explain why the galaxy doesn't fly apart from spinning so fast?
    If the earth, at the equator, rotates at over 1000 miles per hour (or 460 meters per second), why don't people fly off?

Have you ever awoken from a dead sleep wondering this, MB?

(I bet you have, you can tell us.)
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '22 03:281 edit
    @suzianne said
    If the earth, at the equator, rotates at over 1000 miles per hour (or 460 meters per second), why don't people fly off?

Have you ever awoken from a dead sleep wondering this, MB?

(I bet you have, you can tell us.)
    Most galaxies have a fairly flat rotation curve, meaning outer stars move about as fast as inner stars. Try to keep up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modified_Newtonian_dynamics

Is dipole repeller a MoND theory? That is basically my question.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 14:342 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    And you are asking us as if we are professional astronomers? What your question really shows is your continual intellectual laziness as if just asking the question somehow puts you on a higher mental plane. All it shows is your disdain of science and your answer clearly showed your disdain of us, "TRY TO KEEP UP" as if we are in some kind of intellectual race against yourself described incredible intellect.

MOND is just a theory and there has to be more evidence to say anything with certainty about it. So look that stuff up yourself instead of asking postal workers and hardware technicians those kind of questions even though Suzianne and I in fact ARE mentally superior to the average.
    We NEVER post questions like that posed as attacks. I put up what I think is an interesting to me scientific discovery which needs further research by independent investigators to prove as true. I just present some study with no political ramifications inherent in my post. Unlike you.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '22 12:49
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    And you are asking us as if we are professional astronomers? What your question really shows is your continual intellectual laziness as if just asking the question somehow puts you on a higher mental plane. All it shows is your disdain of science and your answer clearly showed your disdain of us, "TRY TO KEEP UP" as if we are in some kind of intellectual race a ...[text shortened]... as true. I just present some study with no political ramifications inherent in my post. Unlike you.
    Asking a question is offensive?
    Am I weaponizing questions too?

You are extremely paranoid.
    Is it my fault you are frustrated because you cannot answer the question? Someone on this site might be an astrophysicist.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '22 15:57
    @Metal-Brain
    Well it is up to YOU to find that astrophysicist since you brough it up. It is not OUR job to have you think you are setting us up for ridicule.
    if you didn't know, there are DOZENS of astrophysicists online and youtube to answer any astronomy question you have, again with the intellectual laziness, you just want us to spoon feed you information so you don't have to waste your self assured valuable time looking such things up yourself.
    It also says you are not much interested in the answers, only in 'can I weaponize that answer somehow?'
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '22 17:041 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Well it is up to YOU to find that astrophysicist since you brough it up. It is not OUR job to have you think you are setting us up for ridicule.
    if you didn't know, there are DOZENS of astrophysicists online and youtube to answer any astronomy question you have, again with the intellectual laziness, you just want us to spoon feed you information so you don't ...[text shortened]... also says you are not much interested in the answers, only in 'can I weaponize that answer somehow?'
    " setting us up for ridicule. "

Wow! You really are paranoid.
    You don't have to answer any of my questions. Why do you feel compelled to think I am setting you up in some clever trap? Is it because you have chess paranoia? After all, we are all out to get our opponents, right?

I think it is because you have an inferiority complex. Either that or you feel you have something to prove. Which is it?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '22 17:13
    @Metal-Brain
    This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. YOU are too friggin lazy to do your own research and when we call you on it, you go directly into attack mode.
    Find it yourself.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '22 17:31
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. YOU are too friggin lazy to do your own research and when we call you on it, you go directly into attack mode.
    Find it yourself.
    Then don't reply. If you are incapable of answering a question then do not answer it. Apparently you do not do the research and you are projecting your own failures onto me.

Your problem, not mine.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '22 18:411 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    I DID answer it but you are too pig headed, er METAL headed to either understand or debate.
    You don't WANT answers, you want to win talking points ALWAYS. So good luck with your so called new found love of science.

"MOND is just a theory and there has to be more evidence to say anything with certainty about it. So look that stuff up yourself instead of asking postal workers and hardware technicians those kind of questions even though Suzianne and I in fact ARE mentally superior to the average.
    We NEVER post questions like that posed as attacks. I put up what I think is an interesting to me scientific discovery which needs further research by independent investigators to prove as true. I just present some study with no political ramifications inherent in my post. Unlike you."

You just automatically take some OPINION of a scientist as actual fact and no amount of either common sense or scientific rebuttal will make any difference to you since all you want is chaos, you care NOTHING about real science.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 02:41
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I DID answer it but you are too pig headed, er METAL headed to either understand or debate.
    You don't WANT answers, you want to win talking points ALWAYS. So good luck with your so called new found love of science.

"MOND is just a theory and there has to be more evidence to say anything with certainty about it. So look that stuff up yourself instead of aski ...[text shortened]... al will make any difference to you since all you want is chaos, you care NOTHING about real science.
    I asked if the dipole repeller is MoND theory. You did not answer my question.

"MOND is just a theory"

Sure it is. So is dark energy. Should people stop talking about it because it is just a theory? So is dark matter. You cannot see it so you don't really know it is there. MoND theory is an alternative explanation for another "mere theory".

Which theory is better?
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:58
    @metal-brain said
    I asked if the dipole repeller is MoND theory. You did not answer my question.
    That's because the question makes no sense. The dipole repeller is one specific area in the universe. MOND theories are a variety of theories about gravity, all of them, right now, highly dubious.
    Asking whether one is the other is like asking whether Birmingham is a post-Keynesian economic theory. The problem is not just that we don't have the answer, but that they're in completely different categories and therefore an answer is not possible.

It's not a question of which theory is better. One is not a theory but a set of disparate theories, the other is not a theory at all but a single observable phenomenon. 'Which is better' is simply not an applicable question.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 21:59
    @shallow-blue said
    That's because the question makes no sense. The dipole repeller is one specific area in the universe. MOND theories are a variety of theories about gravity, all of them, right now, highly dubious.
    Asking whether one is the other is like asking whether Birmingham is a post-Keynesian economic theory. The problem is not just that we don't have the answer, but that they're ...[text shortened]... y at all but a single observable phenomenon. 'Which is better' is simply not an applicable question.
    The dipole repeller seems highly dubious to me. Gravity is not supposed to repel.
    I think it is MoND theory and you make no sense.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '22 06:32
    @metal-brain said
    The dipole repeller seems highly dubious to me. Gravity is not supposed to repel.
    I think it is MoND theory and you make no sense.
    Thanks for proving, once again, that you haven't the simple cognition necessary to post in this forum.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '22 08:20
    @metal-brain said
    I think
    Evidently not, or you'd not make such basic mistakes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree