Limits of Science

Limits of Science

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
22 Oct 17
10 edits

Originally posted by @eladar
If science does not claim absolute truth, then how can it deny God and the Creation account.
Science does NOT deny there is a god or gods and it does NOT deny there is a (supernatural or natural) Creation account.
The evidence doesn't logically contradict there being a god causing the big bang or a god guiding evolution.

There IS evidence (scientific proof, in fact) of big bang and evolution so the EVIDENCE, not the scientific methods or principles of obtaining that evidence, shows YOU PERSONAL 'Creation account', which isn't what most Christians would recognize as a correct or valid interpretation of the Bible but rather see as a very badly flawed one, as completely wrong.

It is NOT, as you keep falsely making out, the first principle of science that your religion (or any other particular religion) is wrong. The first principle of science, putting it rather simplistically here, is just go wherever the evidence points. It just happens that that evidence points against your flawed religious beliefs of what the Bible really says, not that of the majority of Christians.

Most Christians would tell you that science and the evidence does NOT deny God and the Creation account according to the Bible because the evidence is perfectly consistent of God, as in the one in the Bible, causing big bang and guiding evolution etc.
So your ineffective 'attack' isn't just against science but against mainstream Christianity and against the Christian religion.

Most Christians are wise enough to adapt their religious beliefs to any overwhelming totally irrefutable evidence rather than give themselves a hard time with stubbornly maintaining a laughable obviously false position such as the Earth being flat and not round etc. Why don't you?

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @humy
Science does NOT deny there is a god or gods and it does NOT deny there is a (supernatural or natural) Creation account.
The evidence doesn't logically contradict there being a god causing the big bang or a god guiding evolution.

There IS evidence (scientific proof, in fact) of big bang and evolution so the EVIDENCE, not the scientific methods or principle ...[text shortened]... aughable obviously false position such as the Earth being flat and not round etc. Why don't you?
Your faulty interpretation of evidence is to blame.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Oct 17
1 edit

If science does not claim absolute truth, then how can it deny God and the Creation account.

You talk out of both ends. You are dishonest and a degenerate. Either that or your IQ barely breaks 100.
The things for which you denigrate what you think of as science, for example that science cannot prove that a miracle did not occur, do not pertain to science at all; your objections apply to a parody of science, a caricature of science.

What science claims is that the evidence does not support the claim that the universe, and the Earth, and all life, were created, as described in Genesis, by God, over a period of 6 days.

h

Moves
22 Oct 17

Your faulty interpretation of evidence is to blame.
How is it 'faulty'?
We make none of the 'assumptions' you claim we make.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

How is it 'faulty'?
We make none of the 'assumptions' you claim we make.
How do I explain to a fool what his faulty assumptions are?

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @moonbus
The things for which you denigrate what you think of as science, for example that science cannot prove that a miracle did not occur, do not pertain to science at all; your objections apply to a parody of science, a caricature of science.

What science claims is that the evidence does not support the claim that the universe, and the Earth, and all life, were created, as described in Genesis, by God, over a period of 6 days.
You are a fool. I did not say the creation account is science.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Oct 17

You are a fool. I did not say the creation account is science.
Well, it isn't science. I am glad we agree on that point at least.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Well, it isn't science. I am glad we agree on that point at least.
No it isn't, but your interpretation of evidence is just opinion.

That opinion is taught as truth.

h

Moves
22 Oct 17
2 edits

but your interpretation of evidence is just opinion.
no, interpretation of evidence in science, which equates with his and my interpretation of evidence, is not just opinion.
Is the interpretation of evidence of round Earth in science just opinion?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 Oct 17

Does modern science allow us to know the truth, or simply what we understand? ...
What we understand. That's the truth.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist
What we understand. That's the truth.
Your truth is that you wish to limit who can have kids and how many kids to make the world self sustaining.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

no, interpretation of evidence in science, which equates with his and my interpretation of evidence, is not just opinion.
Is the interpretation of evidence of round Earth in science just opinion?
Actually it is opiniin unless you can directly test and repeat it. If you did not see it happen, you are only guessing based on assumptions.

But then you have demonstrated yourself too dim to understand this truth.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Oct 17

Actually it is opiniin unless you can directly test and repeat it. If you did not see it happen, you are only guessing based on assumptions.

But then you have demonstrated yourself too dim to understand this truth.
Well, you didn't see the risen Christ either, so we're even. Nothing but opinions here. LOL.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Well, you didn't see the risen Christ either, so we're even. Nothing but opinions here. LOL.
I do not make claims about what you need to believe. I just make claims of the limited truth of what you believe.

You on the other hand demand that what you believe is true, and what I believe is false.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Oct 17
1 edit

I do not make claims about what you need to believe. I just make claims of the limited truth of what you believe.

You on the other hand demand that what you believe is true, and what I believe is false.
I make no such demand. I just look at the evidence and draw the obvious conclusion. That you don't like that conclusion is no skin off my nose, but you evidently feel threatened by it.