1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 10:07
    @moonbus said
    "Enzymes check it, and if it's not right another enzyme comes and ..."

False. Factually in error. Enzymes do not "check" anything. 11:16 minutes in. I don't need to look at the rest. He anthropomorphizes all the way through.
    Do a quick search on the topic, here what I got when I did off the web.

Both positive and negative feedback loops describe the effect of an intermediate or product of a metabolic pathway on an enzyme that participates in the linked series of reactions. Thus, any metabolite, regardless of how far down the pathway it is, has the potential to be an allosteric regulator and participate in a feedback loop.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 15:02
    @kellyjay said
    Do a quick search on the topic, here what I got when I did off the web.

Both positive and negative feedback loops describe the effect of an intermediate or product of a metabolic pathway on an enzyme that participates in the linked series of reactions. Thus, any metabolite, regardless of how far down the pathway it is, has the potential to be an allosteric regulator and participate in a feedback loop.
    What’s your point?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 15:50
    @KellyJay

Do you have any evidence of another method of life appearing of earth other than by chance alignment of molecules?
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 18:36
    @divegeester said
    @KellyJay

Do you have any evidence of another method of life appearing of earth other than by chance alignment of molecules?
    Organic molecules have been detected in a distant galaxy:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/06/world/webb-telescope-distant-organic-molecules-scn/index.html

We can put Prof. Tour to bed now; his claim that organic molecules are improbable is well and truly refuted.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 20:25
    @moonbus said

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/06/world/webb-telescope-distant-organic-molecules-scn/index.html

We can put Prof. Tour to bed now; his claim that organic molecules are improbable is well and truly refuted.
    Praise the lord...I hope he and his pretend science sleep well.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 02:16
    @moonbus said

You didn't bother listening to him, so you have a stinking clue what he has said, not sure what or why you are crowing over that.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 09:10
    @kellyjay said
    You didn't bother listening to him, so you have a stinking clue what he has said, not sure what or why you are crowing over that.
    Did you read the pubmed article I posted in reply to you, on page 8, 8th post?

If not, why not?
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 09:25
    @kellyjay said
    Anyone who makes so many blunders in the first 11 minutes does not deserve my attention for another half hour. I have better things to do.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 09:30
    @moonbus said
    Anyone who makes so many blunders in the first 11 minutes does not deserve my attention for another half hour. I have better things to do.
    You have not produced a blunder, and I doubt you took even 11 minutes to watch it, due to the commits you have said.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 10:55
    @kellyjay said
    You have not produced a blunder, and I doubt you took even 11 minutes to watch it, due to the commits you have said.
    How many minutes did you take to read the article I sent you on page 8?
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 05:25
    @kellyjay said
    Quit using a YouTube video as a ballistic shield. State herein why dear Dr. Tour is still relevant to your case. Is there something else besides his assertions that organic molecules cannot form in space?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 05:49
    @KellyJay
    I listened to most of it and he is an avowed creationist, do you deny that?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 06:11
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    Kellyjay has painted himself into a knot in his underpants (nod to the “mixed metaphors” thread in the GF) because he wants to talk about his religious beliefs as they appertain to the origin of life, but keeps telling others who mention it to “take it to spirituality”
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 07:57
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    It doesn't matter what he is, does it matter what your views are when it comes to science or does it matter that you get it right whatever it is you are talking about? Take the views about God to the Spiritual Forum.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 07:57
    @soothfast said
    Quit using a YouTube video as a ballistic shield. State herein why dear Dr. Tour is still relevant to your case. Is there something else besides his assertions that organic molecules cannot form in space?
    Produce the quote.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree