A slightly biased attempt to discredit evolutio...

A slightly biased attempt to discredit evolutio...

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
23 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Mixing baseball and billiards?
Ah, yes. I never post there, so I forgot about that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jul 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I get plenty of yours and others "impressions" here, and I'm sure the
numbers are slanted against me since I seem to have more than a
few attempting to get me into a discussion verses me trying to get
them into one.

They may be. That's one of the reasons why we ask you questions though.

I'm not sure whay you're talking about when you say p ...[text shortened]... to answer EVERY question asked.

I won't expect my questions to be answered though.
I tell you what, YOU I will answer your questions and you answer mine.
From this point on I'll just look for you since my time is short and I
will make every attempt to stay on topic and refrain from attempting
to move on to something else instead of answering your questions if
you do the same to me in my questions, here in this thread.
Kelly

w

Moves
24 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
[b]If I remember correctly, creationists don’t only believe that the Earth is 6000 years old but they also believe that the whole universe is 6000 years old?
Please refrain from commenting about ALL creationists believing this way. As for this creationist, I do not.

There are a whole slew of Old Earth Creationists out there with varying theories. Perhaps you should spend some time educating yourself.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Jul 08

Originally posted by whodey
Please refrain from commenting about ALL creationists believing this way. As for this creationist, I do not.

There are a whole slew of Old Earth Creationists out there with varying theories. Perhaps you should spend some time educating yourself.
Like the variations in the word 'atheist', to which christians usually relagate to 'devil worshipper'

AH

Moves
24 Jul 08

So how old do you think the Earth is?
Do you believe it is about the same age that most geologists think it is?

w

Moves
24 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Like the variations in the word 'atheist', to which christians usually relagate to 'devil worshipper'
I don't recall ever calling you a devil worshipper.

w

Moves
24 Jul 08

So how old do you think the Earth is?
Do you believe it is about the same age that most geologists think it is?
yes

P

Moves
24 Jul 08

You haven't suggested such things, but there are those in the spirituality forums who have said and used the bible to justify their claim that all atheists are liars at the very least.

Not to mention the other bigoted and prejudiced views expressed against atheists on that forum.

I am not accusing you personally because at the moment I can't think of at time when you have done any of the above and you possibly never did.

w

Moves
25 Jul 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
You haven't suggested such things, but there are those in the spirituality forums who have said and used the bible to justify their claim that [b]all atheists are liars at the very least.

Not to mention the other bigoted and prejudiced views expressed against atheists on that forum.

I am not accusing you personally because at the moment I can't think of at time when you have done any of the above and you possibly never did.[/b]
Well I would say that atheists are liars because my faith teaches that all men are liars at least at one point in their lives. Heck, even the apostle Peter denied knowing Christ three times.

As for the topic at hand, if any one is curious regarding my beliefs regarding creation and the age of the earth I would be more than glad to share it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jul 08

Hey, it's a tough job, but SOMEBODY has to do itπŸ™‚

P

Moves
25 Jul 08

Well I would say that atheists are liars because my faith teaches that all men are liars at least at one point in their lives. Heck, even the apostle Peter denied knowing Christ three times.
That's different than what the people I'm referring to are suggesting and I hope you know that.

I am pretty sure that everyone has told a lie or ten of varying degrees in their lives and frankly, in some cases I'm sure it was a good thing, but that's not what they were talking about.

AH

Moves
25 Jul 08

As for the topic at hand, if any one is curious regarding my beliefs regarding creation and the age of the earth I would be more than glad to share it.
…Well I would say that atheists are liars because my faith teaches that all men are liars at least at one point in their lives. …

I think PsychoPawn was referring to those theists that accuse atheists of “lying” specifically about their belief that there is no god -as if atheists would claim there is no god if they didn’t actually believe that. Of course, to suggest that atheists are deliberately “lying” about their belief that there is no god is an absurdity -why would they lie if it wasn’t true that they believe this?

I am not implying here that YOU would accuse atheists of “lying” specifically about their belief that there is no god.

AH

Moves
25 Jul 08

yes
would most (not all) creationists agree with you?

F

Moves
25 Jul 08

would most (not all) creationists agree with you?
If the creationists don't agree with eachother, isn't that a sigh that something is wrong somewhere?
The main part of evolution is agreed upon among evolutionists, details are discussed.
But a main part of creationists, the coherence with the bible, is not aggreed upon among the creationists themselves.
Doesn't this say something about creationism?

AH

Moves
25 Jul 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If the creationists don't agree with eachother, isn't that a sigh that something is wrong somewhere?
The main part of evolution is agreed upon among evolutionists, details are discussed.
But a main part of creationists, the coherence with the bible, is not aggreed upon among the creationists themselves.
Doesn't this say something about creationism?
No. Of course not. I wasn’t trying to imply that. I was only curious -that’s all πŸ™‚