A Bio Genesis

A Bio Genesis

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
18 May 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
You rejection doesn't alter the facts of life's beginning either. You cannot tell me how
all matter came into being, but you want to tell me what is not true. You cannot tell me how life began, but you want to tell me want to tell me what is not true about that either.
Not knowing what caused X doesn't mean a 'god' caused X or even that it is merely likely. Since we have no creditable evidence that there is a god or gods, we can assert it is unlikely that X was caused by a god or gods even when we have no idea what DID cause X.
There was a time when nobody knew the cause of rainbows; so a god causes rainbows? We now know that they are cause by the refraction of light. This is an example of not knowing what caused X doesn't mean a 'god' caused X or even that it is merely likely.
You are concern about the 'studies' what you should be concern about is the truth!
How can we rationally discover the truth without studying the relevant aspect of reality?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy said
Not knowing what caused X doesn't mean a 'god' caused X or even that it is merely likely. Since we have no creditable evidence that there is a god or gods, we can assert it is unlikely that X was caused by a god or gods even when we have no idea what DID cause X.
There was a time when nobody knew the cause of rainbows; so a god causes rainbows? We now know that they are cause ...[text shortened]... example of not knowing what caused X doesn't mean a 'god' caused X or even that it is merely likely.
I agree, I didn't say it did either did I?
I am saying our natural universe cannot account for itself just by looking at it.
Anything that was caused, had a reason to be here.
If there is anything here that was completely uncaused, that is a different topic.

h

Moves
18 May 19

@kellyjay said

Anything that was caused, had a reason to be here.
If what you mean by 'reason' is an intelligent design reason, false! Example; rainbows.

h

Moves
18 May 19
8 edits

@kellyjay said
If we are looking for anything other than the truth, or reject anything for any reasons other than truth, we are doing so to suit us. Excellent argument against religious beliefs, I actually agree with you to a point here. I think many people seek out religious beliefs to suit them, not to find the truth then have to change according to the truth they encounter.

I have to ...[text shortened]... ening too evidence and logic. More of the same, slamming someone for the very things they are doing!
I have to disagree with you on evidence since I think all of the universe is evidence,.
Then you think wrong.
the way the universe is setup to support life is evidence,
No, it isn't. There is no evidence that it was deliberately 'set-up' for life and there being life here just means its possible for there to exist a universe with life.
For all we know there could be an infinite number of universes but only 0.00000000000000001% of them can possibly have life in them; in which case the reason why there appears to be life in ours is because we would have to be in one of the few that can have life else we wouldn't exist in whichever universe we exist in and thus there wouldn't appear to be life in ours! Why cannot that be the reason why there is life in our universe? -no goddidit required. Therefore the way the universe is to support life is NOT evidence for a god.
I find your assessment somewhat laughable of suggesting there are 'stupid' unanswerable questions
I never asserted this. I asserted it would be stupid to try and answer an unanswerable question with just superstition and ignorance, NOT that an unanswerable question is stupid! Go back and read what I said agian.
while earlier crying about not using your mind!
You cannot rationally use one's mind on answering the unanswerable.
Ignorance of truth is not excuse
This sounds like an argument against religion to me. Ignorance of truth is no excuse to make superstitious crap up.
Questions such as these simply show how uninformed you want to be
No, it shows how I don't want to be 'informed' via superstition and ignorance.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy said
If what you mean by 'reason' is an intelligent design reason, false! Example; rainbows.
Just stick to the words I use and stop attempting to turn them into something else it will be easier to see my points! If something is caused, then something caused it, it would then be here for a reason, the reason being something caused it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy said
I have to disagree with you on evidence since I think all of the universe is evidence,.
Then you think wrong.
the way the universe is setup to support life is evidence,
No, it isn't. There is no evidence that it was deliberately 'set-up' for life and there being life here just means its possible for there to exist a universe with life.

[q ...[text shortened]... u want to be [/quote]No, it shows how I don't want to be 'informed' via superstition and ignorance.
I've given you reasons, your retort, "no it isn't" was powerful.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy said
You know, you have a very small view of what a creator can and must do with the whole of the universe! You think someone who could speak the universe into being, who knew everything past, present, and future would ever lose track of any of the forces, material, or anything in it? Wouldn't the creator know how it all had to be connected to preform every event, rainbows included? Suggesting that rainbows are not an example of an intelligent designer suggests to me, that all of the possible designers of the universe that you have in mind, are all the very small and weak kind, uncaring, and not personable, unable to keep track of the whole, or the smallest parts all at once.

That the creator you made up, the little kind, you know that cannot do squat outside of your imagination?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You know, you have a very small view of what a creator can and must do with the whole of the universe! You think someone who could speak the universe into being, who knew everything past, present, and future would ever lose track of any of the forces, material, or anything in it? Wouldn't the creator know how it all had to be connected to preform every event, rainbows includ ...[text shortened]... the creator you made up, the little kind, you know that cannot do squat outside of your imagination?
I think such a god would quickly grow bored of having to account for every atom and force of nature and placement of every atom and such. That would turn that god into a slave. A real god would just make up rules and poof stuff into being and let the dice roll however it will play.
I imagine a god like that would have a tassel of universes, each one with slightly different rules, whereas light goes a billion miles an hour here, it might dream up one where light goes ONE mile an hour and see what happens.
That would be its garden of universes it would have on display in its abode.
This god mankind made up is very limited which makes sense since it was mankind inventing it.

E

Moves
18 May 19

@sonhouse

Are you bored and a slave to your heart beating?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19
1 edit

@sonhouse said
I think such a god would quickly grow bored of having to account for every atom and force of nature and placement of every atom and such. That would turn that god into a slave. A real god would just make up rules and poof stuff into being and let the dice roll however it will play.
I imagine a god like that would have a tassel of universes, each one with slightly different ...[text shortened]... bode.
This god mankind made up is very limited which makes sense since it was mankind inventing it.
How would you know what such a god would do, or any god?
You speak with such confidence you know?
I suggest you stop looking at the gods mankind made up, check out the real One.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@sonhouse
I challenge you to watch the first 5 minutes of Dr. Edwards and tell me if you think he is speaking to people who have to use their brains, or is he asking them to blindly follow some religious doctrine? Page 1 in this thread!

Abiogenesis
Dr. Edward Peltzer

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy
I challenge you to watch the first 5 minutes of Dr. Edwards and tell me if you think he is speaking to people who have to use their brains, or is he asking them to blindly follow some religious doctrine? Page 1 in this thread!

Abiogenesis
Dr. Edward Peltzer

h

Moves
18 May 19

@kellyjay said
How would you know what such a god would do, or any god?
how do you know?

h

Moves
18 May 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
@humy
I challenge you to watch the first 5 minutes of Dr. Edwards
No thanks. I have already seen all the usual religious propaganda illogic before, thanks.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy said
No thanks. I have already seen all the usual religious propaganda illogic before, thanks.
LOL the presentation is on chemistry not religion. You are will never have your worldview challenged by ignoring anything that might challenge it. Remember this when you are criticizing anyone for turning their brains off!