A Bio Genesis

A Bio Genesis

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
15 May 19

@eladar said
@wildgrass

You are the one that brought up social justice. I am afraid you are too caught up in your personal opinion to have any true discussion. You think too much of yourself.
Can you remind the forum about the case you are resting? It seems all your comments are snark and sarcasm. I don't see a case at all.

E

Moves
15 May 19

@wildgrass

My original statement about your attitude concerning my beliefs. I nailed it.

w

Moves
15 May 19

@eladar said
@wildgrass

My original statement about your attitude concerning my beliefs. I nailed it.
That's ridiculous. I don't know your beliefs.

E

Moves
15 May 19

@wildgrass

Not playing this game. I suppose from your point of view we must agree to disagree.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 May 19

@eladar said
@wildgrass

Not playing this game. I suppose from your point of view we must agree to disagree.
Whatever your beliefs are, it will not change the outcome of OOL studies one whit.
Just because there are stupid plagiarized creation myth stories in the bible does not make it true. It just makes it plagiarized from creation myths a thousand years older and cut and paste to the satisfaction of early Jews.

E

Moves
15 May 19

@sonhouse

You really hate the Bible.

w

Moves
15 May 19
1 edit

@eladar said
@wildgrass

Why do you insist on amending others' statements with misleading suppositions?
God is not a demiurge [demigod] or a magician, but the Creator who gives being to all entities. Evolution in nature is not opposed to the notion of Creation, because evolution presupposes the creation of beings that evolve - Pope Francis (whom you could consider an expert on the Bible)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 19
1 edit

@eladar said
@sonhouse

You really hate the Bible.
No, I just hate the idea of religious folk killing other kinds of religious folk because their book says they are the one true religion and their god is the REAL god. It just proves they are ALL BS, 100% manmade. If a god wanted to start a religion, being omniscient it would speak to every human on Earth and Dolphin as well,

Here is how it is folks: .......

But then you just move the goal post. We have FREE WILL so that is why this alleged god didn't do that. So this god appears to a bunch of ancient savages in the desert whom nobody knew anything about and all of a sudden they are the chosen people? Crotch rot. It all came about by men wanting to control other men and ESPECIALLY women.

h

Moves
18 May 19
6 edits

@sonhouse said
We have FREE WILL so that is why this alleged god didn't do that.
and one of the many problems of that is this alleged god doesn't make it clear to all of us exactly which religion or exactly what religious beliefs he wants us to use our free will to blindly believe. So this 'all wise' god moronically just expects us to believe the 'correct' religious beliefs without telling as which ones are the 'correct' ones thus making that task impossible for us and then this 'infinitely all loving' god cruelly punishes all those who don't believe the 'correct' religious beliefs in the alleged afterlife. Its like giving a child a sweety without making it clear to him that he shouldn't eat it and then spanking him for eating it while claiming you are infinitely loving and infinitely kind with infinite wisdom; Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Then there is the issue that using 'free will' to determine one's beliefs means choosing one's beliefs which equates with being delusional. One shouldn't 'choose' one's own beliefs but rather base ones beliefs purely on the evidence and/or logic. And why did this all powerful all wise alleged god give us the ability to use our own brain to objectively reason for our selves rather than just blindly believe whatever he wants us to believe if he didn't want us to use that ability he gave us to use our own brain to objectively reason for our selves? Again, makes absolutely no sense.

E

Moves
18 May 19

@sonhouse

No you specifically hate the Bible. Just come to grips with your hate that allows you to believe it is ok to call your wife a skanky arse ho. How is the bitch recovering?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@sonhouse said
Whatever your beliefs are, it will not change the outcome of OOL studies one whit.
Just because there are stupid plagiarized creation myth stories in the bible does not make it true. It just makes it plagiarized from creation myths a thousand years older and cut and paste to the satisfaction of early Jews.
You rejection doesn't alter the facts of life's beginning either. You cannot tell me how
all matter came into being, but you want to tell me what is not true. You cannot tell me how life began, but you want to tell me want to tell me what is not true about that either. Whatever your beliefs are will not change the truth of the matter. You are concern about the 'studies' what you should be concern about is the truth!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy said
and one of the many problems of that is this alleged god doesn't make it clear to all of us exactly which religion or exactly what religious beliefs he wants us to use our free will to blindly believe. So this 'all wise' god moronically just expects us to believe the 'correct' religious beliefs without telling as which ones are the 'correct' ones thus making that task impossibl ...[text shortened]... gave us to use our own brain to objectively reason for our selves? Again, makes absolutely no sense.
"One shouldn't 'choose' one's own beliefs but rather base ones beliefs purely on the evidence and/or logic. And why did this all powerful all wise alleged god give us the ability to use our own brain to objectively reason for our selves rather than just blindly believe whatever he wants us to believe if he didn't want us to use that ability he gave us to use our own brain to objectively reason for our selves? Again, makes absolutely no sense."

I agree a 100% we should not choose ones beliefs for anything other than the truth, otherwise the foundational draws towards one belief system or world views could end up being anything, and I mean anything other than the truth. It could be herd instinct where we want to be apart of the herd, we could want to live a specific lifestyle so we look for a belief system that allows for that without guilt, that would make our world views are all about us, not truth.

I do believe an all wise God expects us to use our minds, so when we are confronted with questions that cannot be answered except by God what should we do? Such as no answers on why we are, where did everything come from, how did life start, is there a right wrong, good evil? If God does show us what we need to see but we still turn our backs to Him, is that on God or us?

h

Moves
18 May 19
7 edits

@kellyjay said

I agree a 100% we should not choose ones beliefs for anything other than the truth, otherwise the foundational draws towards one belief system or world views could end up being anything, and I mean anything other than the truth. It could be herd instinct where we want to be apart of the herd, we could want to live a specific lifestyle so we look for a belief system that allows for that without guilt, that would make our world views are all about us, not truth.
All of the above sounds to me to be an excellent argument against religious beliefs and believing in a religion.
I do believe an all wise God expects us to use our minds, so when we are confronted with questions that cannot be answered except by God what should we do?

This is assuming there is a god or gods when, for those with rational minds, we have no credible evidence of such a thing.
If a question currently can only be answered by a hypothetical god then, given most of us don't hear voices in our heads claiming to be messages from such a hypothetical god, we with rational sane minds must just be satisfied that such a question at least for now cannot be validly answered. One thing that would be stupid to do would be to try and answer a currently unanswerable question using just superstition and ignorance else any belief can be generated by such a warped belief forming process and that would in effect be the same as choosing one's belief. Far more humble and intelligent to admit one doesn't know then base one's belief on superstition and ignorance. You should only base a belief on evidence/logic or have no belief at all. Some questions we currently cannot answer; its called life. It would be a mistake to try and immediately answer a currently unanswerable before collecting more evidence.
Such as no answers on why we are,
Why we are what?
where did everything come from, how did life start,
such questions can only be validly answered by science i.e. via the evidence and/or reasoning else cannot be validly answered at all. Just saying Goddidit without evidence explains nothing. What can be only asserted without evidence can and should be dismissed without evidence.
is there a right wrong, good evil?
The answer is "yes" to both. What has that to do with god or no-god?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy said
All of the above sounds to me to be an excellent argument against religious beliefs and believing in a religion.
I do believe an all wise God expects us to use our minds, so when we are confronted with questions that cannot be answered except by God what should we do?

This is assuming there is a god or gods when, for those with rational minds, we have no cre ...[text shortened]... ight wrong, good evil? [/quote]The answer is "yes" to both. What that has to do with god or no-god?
If we are looking for anything other than the truth, or reject anything for any reasons other than truth, we are doing so to suit us. Excellent argument against religious beliefs, I actually agree with you to a point here. I think many people seek out religious beliefs to suit them, not to find the truth then have to change according to the truth they encounter.

I have to disagree with you on evidence since I think all of the universe is evidence, the way the universe is setup to support life is evidence, the fact there is life is evidence, that I can feel wronged or guilty is evidence, and the list goes on. Credible evidence is what, that which justifies your current sets of beliefs?

I don't care about hypothetical gods, they are typically made up in the minds of those that again want to justify themselves in rejecting the real one, or justifying actions they want and so on.

I find your assessment somewhat laughable of suggesting there are 'stupid' unanswerable questions, while earlier crying about not using your mind! Ignorance of truth is not excuse, and a willful ignorance makes you what, accusing someone of not using their brains while you refuse to use yours? Questions such as these simply show how uninformed you want to be, and that should make it painfully obvious how wrong that is when you, yourself are complaining about others not using their brains.

Evidence and logic suggests from what we know things have causes, you don't get a fruit tree without a seed, a seed without a fruit, a fruit without a tree and it goes back until we have to another cause. The universe is setup that way! The design in life is good evidence, at the start of this OP are two examples of people using their brains, but most simply avoid looking at the videos and shoot off statements about superstitions and ignorance instead of evidence and logic while refusing to look and listening too evidence and logic. More of the same, slamming someone for the very things they are doing!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 19

@humy said
and one of the many problems of that is this alleged god doesn't make it clear to all of us exactly which religion or exactly what religious beliefs he wants us to use our free will to blindly believe. So this 'all wise' god moronically just expects us to believe the 'correct' religious beliefs without telling as which ones are the 'correct' ones thus making that task impossibl ...[text shortened]... gave us to use our own brain to objectively reason for our selves? Again, makes absolutely no sense.
I challenge you to watch the first 5 minutes of Dr. Edwards and tell me if you think he is speaking to people who have to use their brains, or is he asking them to blindly follow some religious doctrine? Page 1 in this thread!

Abiogenesis
Dr. Edward Peltzer