World Chess Championship (Game Twelve)

World Chess Championship (Game Twelve)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
26 Apr 23
3 edits

Game 12

A smashing game for those that like toe to toe blood and guts blunder chess.
My notes are guidelines. I could not possibly catch everything that was going on.

A lot of people will be grumbling about this one due to the mistakes their computers
will be telling them that were made. Computers know nothing about a human v human game.
Two great players under a great of pressure is something a machine cannot comprehend.

I’m not too bad when it gets heavy tactical, or I thought I was but this one caught me
dreaming. I admit I was seeing good things for Nepo when it fact he probably losing.
Great fun to watch . I’ll fish about for a good vid of this game for you. It was a cracker.

Blog Post 563

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Apr 23
1 edit

@greenpawn34 said

Game 12

A smashing game for those that like toe to toe blood guts and blunder chess.
My notes are guidelines. I could not possibly catch everything that was going on.

A lot of people will be grumbling about this one due to the mistakes their computers
will be telling them that were made. Computers know nothing about a human v human game. Two great ...[text shortened]... for a good vid of this game for you. It was a cracker.

Blog Post 562
The link sends me to the popst of making up for the rest day 🙁

e4

Moves
26 Apr 23

Hi Ponderable,

I caught it and correct it just after I tested it, I have to post this bit first to get
the thread ID and paste that into the main blog. Thanks though, I may have missed it
What a game.

e4

Moves
26 Apr 23

During the game on Chess24 Caruana spotted a plausible attacking line for Black
but defences kept being found. Eventually he hit upon the right idea. This is just
an idea of some of the stuff that was laying around in the background to this game.

e4

Moves
26 Apr 23
1 edit

Danny King who I think always does a good job with these vids
(though I don't always agree with him!) takes you through this game.

He seemed puzzled with B7 and Bg4. I think he was waiting for Black to castle.