1. Subscriberpakeha
    pakeha
    New Zealand
    Moves
    13 Mar '23 17:05
    Wondering if there is something can be done to get the Game finished in the LADDERS, even though my OPPONENT has made 4 other Games with these moves. this player has lost one and drew one and as far as I can tell there is only 7 games in progress, last moves are from 10 March 23 to 13 March 23
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 07:46
    @pakeha said
    Wondering if there is something can be done to get the Game finished in the LADDERS, even though my OPPONENT has made 4 other Games with these moves. this player has lost one and drew one and as far as I can tell there is only 7 games in progress, last moves are from 10 March 23 to 13 March 23
    Are you talking about this
    Game 14959040?

The guy is well withing the time, so no problem whatsoever. It is their good right to ponder as long over their moves as time permits.

If time runs out you can take that timeout.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Mar '23 09:351 edit
    @pakeha said
    Wondering if there is something can be done to get the Game finished in the LADDERS, even though my OPPONENT has made 4 other Games with these moves.

The short answer is "No" As long as your opponent doesn't exceed time controls in this event, he (or she) is within their rights to play at this pace. Some constructive things you can do while waiting is: 1. Set up this position on a physical board and analyze it as deeply as you can, try to locate weakness's you can exploit. 2. Enter another event, your game load isn't unusually heavy, so another section might be in order. 3. Study: Tactics, playing through GM games that use your openings, endgame study (especially rook and pawn) and tutorials on you tube such as chess dojo are a good choices while waiting for an opponent to move.

Modest game loads provide an opportunity to play high quality games as well as improve your skills if you use that time wisely. 🙂
  4. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 16:38
    You don'rt need a physical board to analyze.
    Just use analyze board.
    You can try as many options as you want and then just reset and start again
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 17:43
    @venda said
    You don'rt need a physical board to analyze.
    Just use analyze board.
    You can try as many options as you want and then just reset and start again
    Much better to use a real (wooden) set to analyze . paper & pencil for notes. Lol yes I'm old school
  6. Subscriberpakeha
    pakeha
    New Zealand
    Moves
    17 Mar '23 04:00
    @Ponderable
    The Above game has a long way to go, not like this game, Game Id 15040460 Move 38, and now after sending OPTIONs, it has come back to me with the NEXT MOVE by the OPPONENT

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree