Kasparov Arrested

Kasparov Arrested

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NL

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by Mark Adkins
The smear was twofold. First, you attempted to alienate me from other participants (specifically Korch) by falsely accusing me, without even a superficial basis, of thinking poorly of his country of origin (Latvia). No doubt this was part of your attempt to play on national sentiment since you have accused me (again falsely) of being some sort of apolo ...[text shortened]... on" with the purpose of creating an adverse impression of me among some of the participants?
Firstly, the reference to Latvia was meant lightheartedly, just as I am sure your reference to that country being fascist was.

On the second point, I did think it relevant, in view of your extraordinarily vitriolic outburst against Kasparov, to ascertain whether your views were influenced by political differences or personal dislike. Some of the abusive language you used seemed to me fairly typical of far left vernacular, so I don't think I should be judged too harshly for assuming that the Mark Adkins who appears frequently in online Marxist discussion groups, often discussing the alleged betrayal of the revolution by Lenin and Stalin, was indeed yourself. You say this isn't the case, so I'm happy to accept that and apologise for my mistake.

MA

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by Northern Lad
I normally only discuss chess on this site, never politics or other non-chess issues.
Me too. It's not a mistake I'll repeat soon.

NL

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
I don't mind it but he might just be annoyed that this has nothing to do with chess and probably belongs in the debate forum.
Then why doesn't he read threads he's interested in and stop making stupid comments? There is a strong connection with chess in the fact we're talking about Gary Kasparov, arguably the strongest chess player that ever lived.

t

Moves
01 Dec 07

Then why doesn't he read threads he's interested in and stop making stupid comments? There is a strong connection with chess in the fact we're talking about Gary Kasparov, arguably the strongest chess player that ever lived.
It is inderectly related which I don't think counts but like I said I don't mind.

MA

Moves
01 Dec 07

Firstly, the reference to Latvia was meant lightheartedly, just as I am sure your reference to that country being fascist was.
I made NO reference to Latvia being "fascist" in my comment, nor did I make any other form of disparaging remark about the country or its people. The blog AUTHOR included that term (facetiously) in HIS blog title.

MR

Moves
01 Dec 07
1 edit

I suspect CIV is just upset because you guys are using big words.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07
1 edit

leave it to cheap non-subs to be talking about politics that they know nothing about other than there "self believed educations and opinions"

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

are any of you losers living in the soviet union? or do you base your crap on watching BBC?

NL

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
It is inderectly related which I don't think counts but like I said I don't mind.
In any case it's very inconvenient to tranfer a thread that originated in 'Only Chess' to another forum

NL

Moves
01 Dec 07

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

MESSAGE EACH OTHER THEN!!

you can sit there and play with each other all night....in the end what have you done?

nothing...you go to sleep in your safe american beds and feel you are doing something?

please...get a life....The soviet union was better as "Russia" a communist country.

Not every country can have or want your stupid american capitalism.

NL

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by Mark Adkins
I made NO reference to Latvia being "fascist" in my comment, nor did I make any other form of disparaging remark about the country or its people. The blog AUTHOR included that term (facetiously) in HIS blog title.
I accept that, but I could hardly be expected to know that when I read it. The term 'fascist' is bandied around too often and too lightly in my opinion.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

Putin is doing good for that country.

and as for protestors? shoot them in the face and you don't have any protestors anymore.

NL

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by chessisvanity
MESSAGE EACH OTHER THEN!!

you can sit there and play with each other all night....in the end what have you done?

nothing...you go to sleep in your safe american beds and feel you are doing something?

please...get a life....The soviet union was better as "Russia" a communist country.

Not every country can have or want your stupid american capitalism.
I tried to address you in the monosyllabic terms you might understand, but I was thwarted by the moderators. So why don't you go forth and multiply?

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

I'm not allowed....😞