1. Alabama
    Moves
    29 Oct '19 17:30
    I find I don't like having a hard time limit for the entire game (as they have in face-to-face tournament play) when I'm playing online chess (the modern version of play-by-mail). I prefer the more relaxed type with a separate time limit for each move.

I'm not criticizing anyone who likes that type of game, and I'm not saying there shouldn't be any of that type here. I'm just giving my personal feeling about them. If someone wants to leave a trolling "well then don't play those types of games" comment, well yeah, that's what I'm going to do.
  2. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 00:29
    I agree.
    Both are good but if I had to choose I would stick with my "days per move" setting.
  3. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 00:321 edit
    What I don't like about the "hardcore" tournaments is they let anyone join them.
    They don't separate by rating classes.
    One game could be against an 1100 and the next is a 2100

I prefer groups of players at my level.
  4. Yorkshire
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 10:36
    @anderssen said
    What I don't like about the "hardcore" tournaments is they let anyone join them.
    They don't separate by rating classes.
    One game could be against an 1100 and the next is a 2100

I prefer groups of players at my level.
    I agree but have to say in most tournaments I have played, the 1100 players play like 2100 players anyway!
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 07:50
    @gocharles said
    I agree but have to say in most tournaments I have played, the 1100 players play like 2100 players anyway!
    In MOST tournaments? Something may be screwey with the system. I know a rating is an estimation, but I can sure tell when I'm playing someone at the 2100 level as opposed to 1100.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree