Dragon Lines against Yugoslav with g4, h4??

Dragon Lines against Yugoslav with g4, h4??

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
01 Mar 08

It's not a mate, Ka1 is White's only move. The point is that the Queen on e2 is now lost after Ka1 Nxe2. You probably are too high. 😀

A

Sub 1500

Moves
02 Mar 08

gotcha. i thought the game said that it was checkmate, i was about to say something is up with the checkmate program lol. 😀

yeah... i usually roast up right after i make my moves, and i get on the forums right after i make my moves...probably not the best order to do things... 😀

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
25 Mar 08

Originally posted by David Tebb
You could try a line known as the 'Chinese Dragon', which involves putting the rook on b8, instead of the normal c8 square, and playing an early ..b5.
Thanks for the tip.

Here's a fairly typical Dragon game: its amazing how often a single tempo is the difference in Dragon games.
Game 4703981

D

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
08 Apr 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
Very welcome sir, I hope you enjoy the book and the Dragon!
FINALLY the book arrived! first impression is pretty sweet... now I'll just sweat a little, and then go lose me some blitz games, back to book find out what I did wrong, etc... rinse & repeat.

blitz and re-blitz!

MA

Moves
09 Apr 08
1 edit

Personally, if I were Korch I wouldn't want Adorea behind me shouting "Just wait Korch I'm coming!!!!" But that's just me.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
10 Apr 08

I hope you like the book as much as I do! At the very least I get a chuckle at the awesome cover every time. 😀

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
10 Apr 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
I hope you like the book as much as I do! At the very least I get a chuckle at the awesome cover every time. 😀
hahah, yeah. it's right up there with timothy budd's 'introduction to object oriented programming', which has by far the silliest animal cover for a serious book ever:

http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Object-Oriented-Programming-Timothy-Budd/dp/0201760312

now if my opponents would just stop avoiding my dragon with all kinds of sillyness...