1. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 09:063 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    IMO:

The games have been actually quite interesting, fighting chess. Game 8 where Kramnik creates a material imbalance early is hardly indicative of a "dull" style. It looked like he was trying to score a "kill" today, but Topalov played quite well in a difficult position. And then Kramnik blundered. Such is chess.
    LOL.

marauder
    Who told you, you can play chess?
    Topalov was never in a difficult position in game 8.

Actually game 8 was a chess masterpiece created by Topalov and Kramnik was next to a spectator in it.

Your true rating should be no more than 1200. You know how to count the pieces and know how to move them.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 09:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 09:14
    Originally posted by Los Angeles
    LOL.

[b]marauder
    Who told you, you can play chess?
    Topalov was never in a difficult position in game 8.

Actually game 8 was a chess masterpiece created by Topalov and Kramnik was next to a spectator in it.

Your true rating should be no more than 1200. You know how to count the pieces and know how to move them.[/b]
    You've never actually played chess have you?
  4. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 09:18
    I am not going to waste time showing you how little you know about chess.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 09:221 edit
    I'll take that as a "No, I haven't actually PLAYED chess, but I feel free to run my mouth about it."

For what it's worth, the GM commentary was pretty evenly split as to who had the advantage right up until Kramnik's blunder on move 41 (you might explain to us why it was a blunder).

EDIT: Only someone with no understanding of chess at all could write this:

6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 09:53
    Coming back to the statistics of kramnik-fritz9 matchup, I find it all so amusing, really. The implication is that Kramnik played with the aid of fritz9 and eventually won the games.

The good GM in Topalov's camp apparently went to some extent to work out the percentages of matchup. But the funny thing is that actually Kramnik blundered and would have been checkmated in game 2. And even funnier was the fact that Topalov didn't see the blunder either, and therefore missed the mate!

Looking at the event from a logical point of view, one would be able to draw 2 possible deductions. First, that fritz9 is a weak and unreliable chess program for high-level championship because it recommended a move that would lead the player to be checkmated. Second, that if one can assume fritz9 is a very strong chess program with remote possibility of making a blunder, then Kramnik must have NOT been following fritz9's recommendation. The blunder that he made must have been his own.

As it turned out, I think Topalov should blame himself for not seeing the mate as well.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 10:01
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Coming back to the statistics of kramnik-fritz9 matchup, I find it all so amusing, really. The implication is that Kramnik played with the aid of fritz9 and eventually won the games.

The good GM in Topalov's camp apparently went to some extent to work out the percentages of matchup. But the funny thing is that actually Kramnik blundered and would have b ...[text shortened]... n.

As it turned out, I think Topalov should blame himself for not seeing the mate as well.
    Fritz9 NEVER misses a mate within its horizons.
  8. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 10:31
    Your high opinion of your skills could maybe be endurable if it was backed up by at least one win against a 2000+ at the site
  9. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 11:32
    I think most players get to a point where they know enough about chess to know they are crap. Doesnt sound like you've got there 😛
  10. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 18:39
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    I dont expect you to follow my posts closely but I did state at one time that I would like Topalov to win. His protest about the bathrooms doesnt bother me nor really the Fritz9 crap (and it is crap) but what does p*** me off is Topalov and that tw** Danailov smiling while they damage the chess world.

Trust me Topalov is a laughing stock, you only have to ...[text shortened]... nd my decision to continue the match proves it. We are humans, and sometimes we make mistakes"
    Well, I already ready that line by Topalov on worldchess2006.com. I don't see how you can say Topalov is the laughing stock of the chess world. He already won the 2005 Fide World Chess CHampionsip! He really shouldn't even have to play this match. He's only doing it for the sake of chess. I back Topalov. Look at his brilliant play in San Luis. He deserves to be World Champion.
  11. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 18:40
    I think most players get to a point where they know enough about chess to know they are crap. Doesnt sound like you've got there 😛
    I second this to be true. I realize I'm a terrific patzer. Chess is so infinite. Will any man truly ever conquer the game itself? Capablanca thought to add an extra piece before he thought he conquered it. But, Alekhine surely proved even the brilliant Capablanca can't conquer the game itself. 🙂
  12. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 18:43
    Here we go ..... now come the excuses.

One thing is for sure. Topalov looks to create chalanging games, whereas Kramnik is looking for draw games, and safe paths without risks.
    Guess what games chess players around the world like to see?
    I'm behind you and team Topalov all the way Los Angeles. Let the Russian die on the board!
  13. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 18:45
    Danailov wanted fair play?! The new Appeals Committee threw out his toilet complaint........His latest Fritz9 claim has become the joke of the chess world. Topalov looks embaressed by Danailov......

You might find this fun

http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/

Look at the 4th of october post (3rd from the top)

Now that Topalov is level....which ...[text shortened]... , if you read a little you will see that 95% of people believe Topalov and his team to be scum.
    Well, I'm that 5% who still backs Topalov!
  14. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 18:53
    Danailov wanted fair play?! The new Appeals Committee threw out his toilet complaint........His latest Fritz9 claim has become the joke of the chess world. Topalov looks embaressed by Danailov......

You might find this fun

http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/

Look at the 4th of october post (3rd from the top)

Now that Topalov is level....which ...[text shortened]... , if you read a little you will see that 95% of people believe Topalov and his team to be scum.
    As person said on your link: "You could perhaps multiply this number by a factor of 2 for an older man, but his number is still so very high as to be suspicious. Also in these exams, it is well known that if someone used the restroom more than 2-3 times or so, there would be suspicion of unauthorized aid, whether due to notes, computer, cell phone, etc. This suspicion in Kramnik's situation is thus more than understandable from the Topalov side."

Seems you must also realize there are many people who would rather support Topalov. And, GM Nunn tried to ruin Fischer's reputation, and now we have other hoodlums trying to ruin Topalov's reputation! You may not like Fischer or Topalov, but I for one respect them both as two of the greatest chess minds the game ever had. I forgive them their antics and strange behavior. They are not ballerinas, but chess players. Let the play continue.
  15. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 00:42
    Originally posted by powershaker
    As person said on your link: "You could perhaps multiply this number by a factor of 2 for an older man, but his number is still so very high as to be suspicious. Also in these exams, it is well known that if someone used the restroom more than 2-3 times or so, there would be suspicion of unauthorized aid, whether due to notes, computer, cell phone, etc. ...[text shortened]... and strange behavior. They are not ballerinas, but chess players. Let the play continue.
    Im sure its been said Kramnik was pacing back and forth from the rest room then into the bathroom since the restroom wasnt long enough in itself to pace comfortably. Its just Topalov's team being bent.

I realise that theres still a few people who support Topalov but he/his team really has cut his public support by 90%+ in the space of a few days.

I didnt like Kramnik much before this......his style of chess wasnt really to my taste but his approach to the game is very much to my liking......while I still dont love his chess style, Kramnik has become a mini idol to me for being willing to play on through this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree