1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 01:39
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Im sure its been said Kramnik was pacing back and forth from the rest room then into the bathroom since the restroom wasnt long enough in itself to pace comfortably. Its just Topalov's team being bent.

I realise that theres still a few people who support Topalov but he/his team really has cut his public support by 90%+ in the space of a few days.

I ...[text shortened]... is chess style, Kramnik has become a mini idol to me for being willing to play on through this.
    Yes, fully agreed. As I've mentioned in my other post elsewhere on here, Kramnik's style is somewhat too positional and sometimes become boring. An aggressive player might find it frustrating. It's a strange style of play. He simply play very patience games, and aggressive players even like Kasparov eventually ran out of patience, and when they started to force matters, they began to self-destruct.

But in game 8, we saw a different Kramnik. I thought he was the one who forced matters. There is here a psychological change. Maybe he was trying too hard to win, having had the black pieces 3 times in a row, and therefore wanted to make the most of the precious white pieces. No doubt the game became very interesting.... a rook for 2 knights. Well, at least chess lovers had their exciting game they wanted?

With only 4 games left, it's very hard to imagine a winning margin of more than 1 point on either side. In the end, game 5 could eventually be THE decisive game after all.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 01:43
    Originally posted by Los Angeles
    I find in you speach nice political talk. That's all.

You assume somebody is wrong with no proofs.
    And you are assuming that Kramnik cheated with no proof.
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 10:151 edit
    Originally posted by Los Angeles
    Your true rating should be no more than 1200. You know how to count the pieces and know how to move them.
    I can't even begin to say how ridiculous this sounds.

I probably could even beat you in a game. I am in a position to say this because you haven't played a single move here. To prove you know something about chess. Why don't you give me a game? I am not a great player, so it shouldn't be a problem for you. At least it would give people here the benefit of the doubt.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree