1. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:48
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Call me stupid but if Kramnik was using fritz9 before why couldnt he use it now?

Topalov is the laughing stock of the chess world.
    No, Topalov is not! How much do you guys ask for? You like Fischer's play, but you don't like him. Yet, he's one of the top five (in my opinion) greatest players of all time. Now, you don't don't like Topalov for being weird and thinking Kramnik is cheating using Fritz9! Have you guys read anything about World Chess CHampionships of the past? OMG! This is nothing compared to Boris Spassky donning outfits and sun glasses? I forget what he did once. Oh, and then there was Bobby wanting the chairs x-rayed. The hospital gave them both a nice bill of health. They all laughed in the hospital. Then, there was that moment when Karpov's team was accused of using a parapsychologist to defeat was it not Korchnoi? I forget. What do you want? I weird recluse chess genius or a perfect saint? Chess is war, people! Wake up! All your heroes of the chess world are the same as Topalov! They are weird! Insane! Recluses! Enigmatic! Chess players are a different breed. By the way, I don't have friends myself. Chess is my friend.
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:551 edit
    Originally posted by powershaker
    No, Topalov is not! How much do you guys ask for? You like Fischer's play, but you don't like him. Yet, he's one of the top five (in my opinion) greatest players of all time. Now, you don't don't like Topalov for being weird and thinking Kramnik is cheating using Fritz9! Have you guys read anything about World Chess CHampionships of the past? OMG! ers are a different breed. By the way, I don't have friends myself. Chess is my friend.
    I dont expect you to follow my posts closely but I did state at one time that I would like Topalov to win. His protest about the bathrooms doesnt bother me nor really the Fritz9 crap (and it is crap) but what does p*** me off is Topalov and that tw** Danailov smiling while they damage the chess world.

Trust me Topalov is a laughing stock, you only have to see what most GMs think about him now.

Oh and as for Topalov thinking Kramnik uses Fritz9....

"Veselin, one of the statements issued by your team asserted that you will not shake hands with Vladimir and will not participate in joint press conferences…

Veselin Topalov: Perhaps it sounded too emotional; it is nothing for me to be proud of. I shook hands with Kramnik, and the match continued. I believe that his play is fair, and my decision to continue the match proves it. We are humans, and sometimes we make mistakes"
  3. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 20:151 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Michael Adams played 224 post-book moves in the event. Fritz (set at 1/5 of a pawn threshhold and 10 seconds per move) found 45 moves it would prefer over these 224. Hence 80% agreement. Of Adams' 12 games in the event, only 2 fall into the 50-60% range.
    Then you must qualify your "80%-90%" answer.

Engine "agreement" and engine "match-up" are two very different things.

Team Topolov's accusation gives exact match-ups to Fritz9's first choice. No mention is made of a threshold. You could have a dozen potential moves inside a 0.2 threshold.

Clearly a threshold will give a much higher percentage. Not that a threshold methodology is invalid, but you really have to compare like with like in order to dismiss the accusation.

An 80%-90% "agreement" given some blunder threshhold might not be compelling evidence of a GM cheating, but a 80%-90% direct match to an engine's first choice certainly would be.
  4. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 20:253 edits
    Why care for statements made from people who have no regards to the Truth?

Topalov dominated Kramnik more games than Kramnik him (if ever).
    Topalov has proved he can win a tournament even when starting with a few losses.
    Topalov rating is much higher than that of Kramnik.
    The game is played in Russia.
    The FIDE president is RUSSIAN.

Topalov did nothing wrong except the wrong moves he made on the chess board.

Every chess player would get really suspicious of his opponent's behavior if he goes 50 times to the bathroom. And rightfully HE SHOULD ASK FOR EXPLANATION!

Will see now if Kramnik would continue to match Fritz with the same %.
    If he doesn't then he might well be considered "suspicious" GM.

And if he ever plays for the title the rules will be adjusted according to his behavior with extra "restroom securities."

Fair play is the first thing we want, right?
  5. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 20:56
    So what if the Fide President is Russian? (Which he's not, he is the President of ANOTHER country). Topalov is the FIDE champion, and FIDE are protecting HIM, not Kramnik. If FIDE displayed any bias towards Kramnik, they would have dismissed Topalov and handed Kramnik the title (as overturning the forfeit would be a FAIR decision)

Get your facts right, LA.
  6. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:01
    Originally posted by Los Angeles
    Will see now if Kramnik would continue to match Fritz with the same %.
    If he doesn't then he might well be considered "suspicious" GM.
    This is almost funny. Topalov says he doesnt think Kramnik cheats, Not one GM has come forward saying they think Kramnik cheats(Danailov isnt a GM) quite the oppsite has happened in fact.
  7. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:082 edits
    Originally posted by gingerbreadman
    So what if the Fide President is Russian? (Which he's not, he is the President of ANOTHER country). Topalov is the FIDE champion, and FIDE are protecting HIM, not Kramnik. If FIDE displayed any bias towards Kramnik, they would have dismissed Topalov and handed Kramnik the title (as overturning the forfeit would be a FAIR decision)

Get your facts right, LA.
    Let me tell you where you are wrong.

Russia as a state is a FEDERATION.

The FIDE president has a passport of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION.
    So he might be non slav, but he is a citizen of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION and he travels around the world with that passport.
    He was recently on a meeting with Puttin as a president of a republic which is part of the Russian Fedaration.

BTW, don't worry, many people post here whatever they like, and whatever fits their agenda, you are not the first one.
  8. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:14
    The fact still remains that Topalov is FIDE's champion, and that defeniding their champion is more important than the fact that Kramnik is russian. If there was a Kramnik bias, the very least they would have done was overturn the forfeit.

Now go and sort your life out.
  9. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:15
    This is almost funny. Topalov says he doesnt think Kramnik cheats, Not one GM has come forward saying they think Kramnik cheats(Danailov isnt a GM) quite the oppsite has happened in fact.
    It is hard for me to believe that Kramnik consistently (or rendomly) cheats.
    Most likely he doesn't, but the suspicions based on his behavior remain.

Topalov is a true gentleman. He loves chess and agreed to play this match.

S. Danailov might have gone too sharp over the suspicious behavior issue, but he was right to bring them on.

Everyone is welcome to show any suspicions they have about Topalov. Nothing credible has come so far.
  10. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:19
    Since when does "a true gentleman" who "loves chess" walk away positively beaming when his opponent forfeits?

On the plus side, you've begun to think like a grownup. Well done!!!!
    O, brave new world!
  11. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:21
    Originally posted by Los Angeles
    It is hard for me to believe that Kramnik consistently (or rendomly) cheats.
    Most likely he doesn't, but the suspicions based on his behavior remain.

Topalov is a true gentleman. He loves chess and agreed to play this match.

S. Danailov might have gone too sharp over the suspicious behavior issue, but he was right to bring them on.

Everyone is welcome to show any suspicions they have about Topalov. Nothing credible has come so far.
    Even if Topalov is a gentleman Danailov has killed his public standing, long after this match is done and dusted it will be Topalov who has mud sticking to him and not Kramnik.
  12. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:23
    The fact still remains that Topalov is FIDE's champion, and that defeniding their champion is more important than the fact that Kramnik is russian. If there was a Kramnik bias, the very least they would have done was overturn the forfeit.

Now go and sort your life out.
    Let me tell you again where you are wrong.
    The FIDE cannot overturn the forfeit. It could be against any and all tournament rules.

If a player sits in his restroom and doesn't want to play what recourse the referee has but to put 1-0 score on behalf of his opponent?

Then based on what rule the FIDE president will have the authority to overturn the forfeit?

You see, you continue to post whatever you like without any reasonable foundation.

Why don't you be honest at least once with yourself?
  13. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:261 edit
    Tell you what LA, why don't we play a game (might be a novel concept for you). You vs. the whole of RHP (you're used to that), and you can even use Fritz 9 from the toilet.

You in?

And by the way, FIDE can overturn the forfeit, though it would be unprecedented. I quote from Yasser Seirawan (although you probably hate him too) "it was well within the FIDE President’s discretion to overturn the forfeit." Find this on http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3398
  14. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:26
    Even if Topalov is a gentleman Danailov has killed his public standing, long after this match is done and dusted it will be Topalov who has mud sticking to him and not Kramnik.
    I wouldn't see any mud on Topalov.

On Kramnik some people probably would.

S. Danailov wanted FAIR PLAY nothing more. What's wrong with that?
  15. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:303 edits
    Tell you what LA, why don't we play a game (might be a novel concept for you). You vs. the whole of RHP (you're used to that), and you can even use Fritz 9 from the toilet.

You in?
    Thank you for the invitation. I have never seen or used Fritz 9.
    But as I can see your rating I think I have to decline your offer.
    I like to play in person as well.

As a matter of fact the Kramnik's fan on this board are more than Topalov's.

The troubling part is 'they are always right no matter what the facts an the truth are".

I wouldn't be proud a single iota if Topalov cheated and became champion, or if my brother or sister or cousin cheated to achieve something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree