1. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:33
    If you like to play in person, what are you doing on this site? There are plenty of people in LA, which is where you claim to be from, although I doubt there are many that subscribe to your opinions.
  2. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:38
    Originally posted by gingerbreadman
    If you like to play in person, what are you doing on this site? There are plenty of people in LA, which is where you claim to be from, although I doubt there are many that subscribe to your opinions.
    You are free to doubt.
    Why don't you come and check for yourself?
  3. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by Los Angeles
    I wouldn't see any mud on Topalov.

On Kramnik some people probably would.

S. Danailov wanted FAIR PLAY nothing more. What's wrong with that?
    Danailov wanted fair play?! The new Appeals Committee threw out his toilet complaint........His latest Fritz9 claim has become the joke of the chess world. Topalov looks embaressed by Danailov......

You might find this fun

http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/

Look at the 4th of october post (3rd from the top)

Now that Topalov is level....which he probably wouldnt have been without all this crap happening.....Danailov will be quiet for a bit but as soon as Topalov loses another game he will be right on cue with another blow to the chess world.

As for Topalov's reputation

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3386

Theres all the letters chessbase got up till that point on the subject, if you read a little you will see that 95% of people believe Topalov and his team to be scum.
  4. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 21:40
    What makes you think I would want to come all the way to L.A. to see you? If you prove to be a renowned player by beating all and sundry on this site, I'd be happy to fall down and worship the very ground you stand on, which is what you want, right?
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 22:07
    Coincidence Statistics of the moves of GM Kramnik
    with recommendations of the chess program Fritz 9
    Elista, October 4, 2006

After very detailed analyze of all games of the match we would like to present to your attention coincidence statistics of the moves of GM Kramnik with recommendations of chess program Fritz 9.

First game:
    From 75 moves: A ...[text shortened]... z9.

Sincerely
    Silvio Danailov

http://forumforme.com/showthread.php?p=36#post36[/b]
    How much does Fritz match with Shredder?
  6. Argentina
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 22:561 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    How much does Fritz match with Shredder?
    Interesting but dangerous quwstion, Paly.

We could ask that each game mod here at RHP cross evaluate his own engines, not identifyoing them cos it'd remain confidential.
    And then cross results from different engines from different game mods. (I imagine no all mods have the same engines).

Only on one game, that suffices.

I see in advance that the results of such test would never been published, 😀

Oh well!

Just an idea.
  7. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 23:02
    This is all I'm going to say on the subject: Chess engines have been designed to play like masters, not the other way around.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 23:17
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Then you must qualify your "80%-90%" answer.

Engine "agreement" and engine "match-up" are two [b]very different
    things.

Team Topolov's accusation gives exact match-ups to Fritz9's first choice. No mention is made of a threshold. You could have a dozen potential moves inside a 0.2 threshold.

Clearly a threshold will give a much higher ...[text shortened]... cheating, but a 80%-90% direct match to an engine's first choice certainly would be.[/b]
    Agreed.

My 80-90% comes from the blundercheck, and you are correct that Danailov was talking about something different. There, your figures seem plausible (I haven't done the analysis to verify--and it is terribly time consuming).
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 01:00
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Well, it sure is humorous that now that Kram the Sham has been called out for cheating, now Topalov crushes him in a clear win! HAHAHAHA! See? Fritz9 no more baby!
    Or perhaps the distraction tactics worked and disrupted Kramnik as they were designed to? I've posted my analysis which shows a much lower matchup than the one claimed by Danailov and with the added bonus that I provided the game and which moves matched compared to Danailov who just gives a percentage (which you apparently assume is correct).
  10. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 01:24
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Or perhaps the distraction tactics worked and disrupted Kramnik as they were designed to? I've posted my analysis which shows a much lower matchup than the one claimed by Danailov and with the added bonus that I provided the game and which moves matched compared to Danailov who just gives a percentage (which you apparently assume is correct).
    Here we go ..... now come the excuses.

One thing is for sure. Topalov looks to create chalanging games, whereas Kramnik is looking for draw games, and safe paths without risks.
    Guess what games chess players around the world like to see?
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 01:42
    Here we go ..... now come the excuses.

One thing is for sure. Topalov looks to create chalanging games, whereas Kramnik is looking for draw games, and safe paths without risks.
    Guess what games chess players around the world like to see?
    Coming into the game I supported Topalov as his style is much more enjoyable to watch. However, sportsmanship is just as, if not more, important than play style and after Topalov's teams conduct so far I can't in good conscience support him to win the title.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 02:35
    Coming into the game I supported Topalov as his style is much more enjoyable to watch. However, sportsmanship is just as, if not more, important than play style and after Topalov's teams conduct so far I can't in good conscience support him to win the title.
    What is so bad about Kramnik's style? Personally I prefer it, maybe it is the programmer in me and the fact that my mind is tuned into "logic" all day long. No matter how illogical the position, its like Kramnik is there saying, "Yes, in fact there is a solution to the problem". Boring? not in my opinion. You all can keep your daring moves and sacrifices and attack sequences. I'll take the beauty of a strong position over it, most of the time.
  13. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 07:44
    I find in you speach nice political talk. That's all.

You assume somebody is wrong with no proofs.
  14. Under Cover
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 08:06
    Guess what chess players around the world like to see?
    A World Champion with some class.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 08:21
    IMO:

Pre-Match: I like Topalov's style better, but I don't think Kramnik has gotten the respect he deserves as the true World Champion. I had no strong preference as to who won.

Match Part 1: Topalov acted disgracefully in allowing complaints to be filed suggesting that Kramnik was cheating. The FIDE Appeals board acted disgracefully in changes the rules of the match. Kramnik acted childishly by sitting in the restroom and taking the forfeit. After negotiations, Topalov should have agreed to replay the forfeit game.

Match Part 2: If Topalov wins by +2 or more, he's a legitimate World Champion. Any other result and I would still regard Kramnik as World Champion.

The games have been actually quite interesting, fighting chess. Game 8 where Kramnik creates a material imbalance early is hardly indicative of a "dull" style. It looked like he was trying to score a "kill" today, but Topalov played quite well in a difficult position. And then Kramnik blundered. Such is chess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree