1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Jan '24 22:47
    @congruent

Nakamura is Black, BTW. It is fascinating to see how his knights dominate e4.
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    26 Jan '24 19:17
    @moonbus said
    @y'all

So, how's this for a plan: d5, exd5; e5 N-somewhere; Nd4 (blockading the isolani) then f4 at some early opportunity.
    I think the plan of Rd4, Qd2, Nh2 then K side attack was brilliant. That is the difference between Chess and wood pushing. Maximising the moment.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Jan '24 13:05
    @congruent said
    I think the plan of Rd4, Qd2, Nh2 then K side attack was brilliant. That is the difference between Chess and wood pushing. Maximising the moment.
    Yup, that's what Znosko-Borovsky said: chess is not about finding the right move, but the right plan.
  4. Joined
    30 Dec '23
    Moves
    28 Jan '24 14:10
    @MartinS
    Have a look at Scid vs PC, an open source database, has loads of features. I"m still working it out but I think you can create tactics from games, mate in one etc, plus it can annotate games as well.
  5. Joined
    20 Sep '01
    Moves
    29 Jan '24 04:58
    @congruent
    That was a very very interesting game to watch.

I was going to ask why the Knight moved away from the Queen at move 22 (I think it was), then saw where it went.

Cheers

PS have reduced my games by 80 odd since my first post.

Also, given up on software, concentrating more on openings.

Cheers

Thank you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree