1. e4
    Moves
    02 May '19 11:521 edit

Hello Again,a nice wee mate in two with RHP games supplying the clues.

Gelfand and Anand blundering in similar positions in different games.

A book cover that must be one of the worst mistakes in publishing history.

A trap/trick no RHP player has fallen into and another just waiting to be sprung.

Blog Post 421
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    12 May '19 03:54
    @greenpawn34

I added that one trap at the end to the game Kieseristsky-Laigle 1843 in my master database- the analysis is an improvement over the game, which white won. Here is the original game for those interested (I can't get the added line in to work with the pgn viewer):

3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 May '19 10:10
    @Paul-Leggett
    11. ... Bb4+ looks like an improvement for black, who just sort of handed over all his pieces from then on. So I don't think 11. Nc7 is playable. White needs 11. a3 or 11. Nf3 to stop the bishop check and give up the knight. It looks like white's trying a bit too hard to hold onto the knight on a8 and it doesn't really work. I think he should play 9. Nf3 rather than 9. cxd5 as the a8 knight can't be held anyway and black will use up a few tempi trying to take it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '19 17:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '19 17:46
    @deepthought said
    @Paul-Leggett
    11. ... Bb4+ looks like an improvement for black, who just sort of handed over all his pieces from then on. So I don't think 11. Nc7 is playable. White needs 11. a3 or 11. Nf3 to stop the bishop check and give up the knight. It looks like white's trying a bit too hard to hold onto the knight on a8 and it doesn't really work. I think he should play 9. Nf ...[text shortened]... n 9. cxd5 as the a8 knight can't be held anyway and black will use up a few tempi trying to take it.
    yes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree