Online vs. Offline

Online vs. Offline

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 14

Online vs. Offline

Do people portray themselves in online forums in the same way they really are in their social lives, workplace and at home?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
29 May 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Online vs. Offline

Do people portray themselves in online forums in the same way they really are in their social lives, workplace and at home?[/b]
I sure don't. In real life I am a sarcastic jerk.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
29 May 14

N

Moves
29 May 14

[b]Online vs. Offline

Do people portray themselves in online forums in the same way they really are in their social lives, workplace and at home?[/b]
Yes. No. Sometimes.

That about covers it.

F

Moves
29 May 14

[b]Online vs. Offline

It depends. In some sectors of my working life I have no choice but to suffer fools gladly. But my sense of humour and nose for the vacuous and bogus is pretty much the same here as it is in real life. There are a fair few people here that I wouldn't be bothered to have a drink and chat with even if they lived in the same city as me. But there are also a fair few that I would be happy to meet up with, and a [smaller] few that I have met. I think they would recognize "FMF" a few minutes into a good chinwag over a beer.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 May 14

[b]Online vs. Offline

I must admit that I am rather more confrontational and upfront and less apologetic about myself than I am face-to-face. I think it's more beneficial to be more caring and attentive to others in person. One almost has to buffer one's real life with a persona online these days. Those who don't do this eventually wish they had, especially after they get their first stalker.

old pueblo

Moves
29 May 14

[b]Online vs. Offline

I'm quite funny in real life, as well as quite compassionate. Here I'm mostly quiet.

Read a book!

Moves
29 May 14

[b]Online vs. Offline

This is the real me.

Moves
29 May 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
This is the real me.
Stand up slim.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
29 May 14

Not me. Online I am distant and cold and uncaring. I don't care at all about other people online. Online I have no interest in personal relationships and bonding. Online, I will try anything to take advantage of you. I am only interested in myself online. I suppose that I could best be described as a sociopathic troll online. Offline, I'm completely the opposite.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
29 May 14

online or off, the ouroboros,
still swallows only himself...
i am just a shadetree mechanic,
unless i'm a twelfth level troll slaying elf...

you've posited this question several times that i remember...
still looking for an answer that suits you???

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 May 14

Originally posted by rookie54
online or off, the ouroboros,
still swallows only himself...
i am just a shadetree mechanic,
unless i'm a twelfth level troll slaying elf...

you've posited this question several times that i remember...
still looking for an answer that suits you???
I am keenly aware
of the intelligence
in your eye
that you keep hidden
from others

"blink" and
it's gone
safely
tucked away

you *are*
a special
snowflake

🙂
(just a fan)

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
29 May 14

There's at least two people who've posted in this thread who have met me in real life. I'll let them answer that one...By the Way, where's greatbigStees?

Read a book!

Moves
30 May 14

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
There's at least two people who've posted in this thread who have met me in real life. I'll let them answer that one...By the Way, where's greatbigStees?
Huck is a classy young man with a great sense of humor, both here and in real life. Stees is in jail.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
30 May 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
both here and in real life.
as i ask the following question, i remember my reputation...
this time, however, i truly want to know...

how is "here" any different at all from "real life"???

are we not breathing???
are we not metabolizing???
are hearts not beating???

thank you for yer considered reply...