Thumbs Downs Alerts

Thumbs Downs Alerts

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Oct 11

There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

P-

In your face

Moves
28 Oct 11

Originally posted by Phlabibit
There should be an "Alert Thumb" button when people thumb down a post you know darn well is top quality. RHP should have a Thumb Moderation Team.

You alert the thumbs downs, and non-biased level headed Thumb Moderators evaluate the post and removed abusive thumbs down personal attacks.

P-
How about a "No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir." icon.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Nov 11

P-
So how would thecommittee look like? Phlabibit and himself and maybe you?

Maybe your obsession wit thumbs down is something you should talk about to someone?

In your face

Moves
17 Nov 11

P-
Would the icon be a pair of thumbs locked in thumb cuffs?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
17 Nov 11

P-
Between you and Bobby, the system would bog down with so many alert notifications.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jan 12

P-
Top quality? Like this one?

Or maybe you could use the feature as intended as an indicator of crap posting.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
04 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne

That's what I'm looking for... mods to enforce it being used correctly. I do, why can't everyone else?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
04 Jan 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Between you and Bobby, the system would bog down with so many alert notifications.
Bobby getting an occasional thumb up isn't a problem, I'm talking about the unwarranted thumbs downs some users get.

P-

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jan 12

Bobby getting an occasional thumb up isn't a problem, I'm talking about the unwarranted thumbs downs some users get.

P-
Unwarranted?

Seems a lot of people around here think they are the reincarnation of Shakespeare or something.

Moves
05 Jan 12

Unwarranted?

Seems a lot of people around here think they are the reincarnation of Shakespeare or something.
Do you think a post that gets 7 thumbs up warrants 7 thumbs down? What about 12 thumbs 12 and 8 thumbs down... warranted?

It's a clear fact that posts by certain users are getting thumbed down for no reason other that being posted from those certain users... quite sad actually.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 12

P-
Congrats Phlabby you got 18 thumbs down & counting...could it be a RECORD???

t

Moves
06 Jan 12

Somebody needs to thumbs down their hormones a little.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jan 12

Originally posted by Trev33
Do you think a post that gets 7 thumbs up warrants 7 thumbs down? What about 12 thumbs 12 and 8 thumbs down... warranted?

It's a clear fact that posts by certain users are getting thumbed down for no reason other that being posted from those certain users... quite sad actually.
Good grief, this is a specious argument if there ever was one.

Do you have any idea how many people are registered on this site?

Out of that total, 7 thumbs up is nothing. So is 7 thumbs down. So is 12 thumbs up or down.

You can't logically assume ANYthing about who is voting. Up OR down.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jan 12

That's what I'm looking for... mods to enforce it being used correctly. I do, why can't everyone else?
How do you know they're not?

Because YOU think YOUR posts are gold, that's why.

Voting for censorship is ALWAYS a bad idea.

Power to the people!

t

Moves
06 Jan 12

How do you know they're not?

Because YOU think YOUR posts are gold, that's why.

Voting for censorship is ALWAYS a bad idea.

Power to the people!
I think the posts with the most thumbs period should be in the reccomended page.