1. e4 a6! 2. d4 h6!!

1. e4 a6! 2. d4 h6!!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
06 Jul 10

Tony Miles would definitely aprove of this effort from English GM Mathew Sadler, with Black no less! For the full story, have a peak here...

http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/victorious-comeback-for-matthew-sadler/

IM Van Oosterman vs GM Mathew Sadler

What a GAME!! 🙄😲😵🙄😲😵

S

Moves
06 Jul 10

Indeed.

M

Moves
07 Jul 10

Can't believe how badly white played the opening. Knights before bishops come on!!

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
07 Jul 10

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Tony Miles would definitely aprove of this effort from English GM Mathew Sadler, with Black no less! For the full story, have a peak here...

http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/victorious-comeback-for-matthew-sadler/

[b]IM Van Oosterman vs GM Mathew Sadler

[pgn]1. e4 a6 2. d4 h6 3. Bd3 c5 4. dxc5 e6 5. Be3 Qc7 6. b4 Nc6 7. c3 d6 8. cxd6 Bxd6 9 ...[text shortened]... Bc7 19. a4 Ng3 20. fxg3 Qxg2 21. Rf1 Nd3+ 22. Bxd3 Rxd3 0-1[/pgn]

What a GAME!! 🙄😲😵🙄😲😵[/b]
"The Yahoo Defense" As long as I control b5 and g5 I have no fears. 🙄

t

Moves
07 Jul 10

This just goes to show those masters can't really play all that well.Take away their precious memorised openinglines and all that's left is a patzer with a fancy title.

Seriously,I would be world champion Fischer random chess if only I weren't so busy digging ditches to scrape together a living.

toet.

p

Moves
07 Jul 10

I'm surprised that no one knows this is one of Mike Basman's systems. 1.a3 and 2.h3 or 1. ... a6 and 2. ... h6 were dubbed The Creepy Crawly Opening by him. He even wrote a small pamplet on it, but I was never able to get a copy. The book is available on one of those sites with the free books though (games only I guess).

e4

Moves
07 Jul 10

Hi

I used this thread for the first Planet GreenPawn

I'm not too sure what the actual link is yet but go to Natalia Pogonina's page
and you will see a link there.

First was an experiment getting used to new features - I'll warm up.

o
Art is hard

Moves
07 Jul 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Hi

I used this thread for the first [b]Planet GreenPawn

I'm not too sure what the actual link is yet but go to Natalia Pogonina's page
and you will see a link there.

First was an experiment getting used to new features - I'll warm up.[/b]
Why are comments disabled greenpawn?

BTW, nice to see you are using the blog feature, I quite enjoyed your first entry, thanks.

e4

Moves
07 Jul 10
3 edits

Blog 4

I just turned the comments on.

JoL
Curb Your Enthusiasm

London

Moves
07 Jul 10

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
I'm surprised that no one knows this is one of Mike Basman's systems. 1.a3 and 2.h3 or 1. ... a6 and 2. ... h6 were dubbed The Creepy Crawly Opening by him. He even wrote a small pamplet on it, but I was never able to get a copy. The book is available on one of those sites with the free books though (games only I guess).
I saw Basman draw with GM Danny King using this line.

IIRC he played ...b7-b5 pretty quickly. Obviously felt the St. George was too good so decided to spot his GM opponent a tempo and then play it.