1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 11:36
    @fmf said
    Other posters I have suggested seem "very, very upset": chaney3, WOLFE64, sonship, SecondSon, Very Rusty, dj2becker, Seitse, Grampy Bobby, josephw, caesar salad, RBHILL, Philokalia, Johnnylongwoody, badrager and the list goes on. You've swung and missed. Are you even more very upset now?
    Very Rusty, it appears that what this post says, to whom it is addressed, and what it was in answer to, has gone whoosh... over your head.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 11:461 edit
    @fmf said
    Very Rusty, it appears that what this post says, to whom it is addressed, and what it was in answer to, has gone whoosh... over your head.
    Not at all fmf you said these players seem very, very upset. What gives you that idea?

Do I seem upset to you, just telling you that your wrong is all, none of the players you mentioned seem or seemed to be upset as far as I am concerned. Some would agree with me, some may not. Bob has passed so I know he isn't upset for sure! 😛

What gives you the idea to cherry pick who you believe to be upset, do you live in their heads?

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:05
    I did, once, at a party and boy oh boy, the men were all over me...till they realized that I wasn’t.🤔😁
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:10
    @very-rusty said
    Not at all fmf you said these players seem very, very upset. What gives you that idea?
    I've used the expression 'you seem very upset', or words to that effect, with countless people over the last 15 years when they blurted out something I thought was silly because of anger. It has nothing to do with their ovaries or their testicles or what their gender identity is. Relentless Red has dropped a clanger.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:13
    @very-rusty said
    Do I seem upset to you, just telling you that your wrong is all, none of the players you mentioned seem or seemed to be upset as far as I am concerned. Some would agree with me, some may not.
    Right now? No. "Upset" is not the word. "Gormless" is the word.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:20
    @Relentless-Red - said
    (And yes, it's sexist BS.)

No more so than "act like a gentleman". It's just a way of evoking proper behavior. IMO
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:21
    @fmf said
    Right now? No. "Upset" is not the word. "Gormless" is the word.
    Is gormless offensive?

Meaning – Stupid or foolish. This slang is common British slang. ... This is obviously a negative expression and is mildly offensive.

Grow a pair fmf and say it straight stop trying to talk over people heads. You make yourself look silly.

-VR
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:24
    @very-rusty said
    Grow a pair fmf and say it straight stop trying to talk over people heads. You make yourself look silly.

-VR
    Gormless. Gormless. Gormless. Gormless. Gormless. "Gormless is the word". I AM "saying it straight"! How on Earth can the word "Gormless" go over your head? Gormless. Gormless. Gormless.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:25
    @very-rusty said
    Is gormless offensive?Meaning – Stupid or foolish. This slang is common British slang. ... This is obviously a negative expression and is mildly offensive.

-VR
    Be mildly offended, then.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:32
    @fmf said
    Gormless. Gormless. Gormless. Gormless. Gormless. "Gormless is the word". I AM "saying it straight"! How on Earth can the word "Gormless" go over your head? Gormless. Gormless. Gormless.
    fmf, 'you seem very upset', perhaps add yourself to the list! 😛 🙂

-VR
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:331 edit
    @fmf said
    Be mildly offended, then.
    IF your going to call people stupid or foolish have the courage to say it. (Grow a Pair)

Not offended at all coming from the likes of you! 😛 🙂

-VR
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:35
    here goes the guano show
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:36
    @very-rusty said
    fmf, 'you seem very upset', perhaps add yourself to the list!
    Now you've got the right idea! But I can't add myself to the list because the list is of posters I have said it TO over the years, and I haven't said it to myself yet.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:36
    @earl-of-trumps said
    here goes the guano show
    It does get😴
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 12:38
    @very-rusty said
    IF your going to call people stupid or foolish have the courage to say it.
    I had the courage to call you gormless but being so far away from Canada helped.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree