1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 08:33
    A common way of belittling women would be to portray them as weak and excessively emotional. e.g. patronizing statements like 'you sound really upset' being said to a woman who is making a strong case with feeling.

Although still in use the word hysteria in fact links extreme emotion to gender. 'hyst' being of the womb e.g. hysterectomy. These ideas about emotion and gender are pretty entrenched with many men just talking the talk without walking the walk.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 08:37
    @relentless-red said
    A common way of belittling women would be to portray them as weak and excessively emotional. e.g. patronizing statements like 'you sound really upset' being said to a woman who is making a strong case with feeling.
    You sound really, really upset too.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 08:391 edit
    @relentless-red said
    ...a woman who is making a strong case with feeling

What she said - that made her sound upset - was "I'd be happy if some here acted like a human."

If that's "a strong case" to your way of thinking, then you should just eat your hat and then report back.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 08:441 edit
    @relentless-red said
    These ideas about emotion and gender are pretty entrenched with many men just talking the talk without walking the walk.
    Other posters I have suggested seem "very, very upset": chaney3, WOLFE64, sonship, SecondSon, Very Rusty, dj2becker, Seitse, Grampy Bobby, josephw, caesar salad, RBHILL, Philokalia, Johnnylongwoody, badrager and the list goes on. You've swung and missed. Are you even more very upset now?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 08:51
    @relentless-red said
    These ideas about emotion and gender are pretty entrenched with many men just talking the talk without walking the walk.
    If your generic pompous homily about someone not "walking the walk" is aimed at me, then please note that my second post on page 1 is all related to my professional life. If your version of "walking the walk" is demonstrated by your first post on this page [page 2] then I'd rather be involved in walking my walk than your walking yours.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 10:05
    @hakima said
    A common phrase...I’ve heard it all my life. Even when I’m told I’m free not to, it confuses me...

What the h*ll does it mean?
    If what people say confuses, and apparently bothers you to the point of having to post it here, then the problem is you.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 10:08
    @very-musty said
    Be classy.

Be reserved.

Don't make stupid internet videos where you flaunt your body and then get mad when guys look.

Don't have 40 ex's

Don't have a grown man-son who still lives with his mommy and expect to date men who take you serious.

Don't be a bar hag.

Don't be divorced more than once.

Don't wear spandex when you're out of shape.

Etc Etc Etc...

I can go on if you like? 🤔
    Pretty good list. Women have their list [a much longer one to boot], about how men are supposed to behave. Those who say that is not true they lie.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 10:50
    @fmf said
    You sound really, really upset too.
    🤣
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 10:531 edit
    @relentless-red said
    Why didn’t you aim your post FMF directly? If you had done so you may have appeared more manly and made your strong (sic) case with more feeling.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 10:57
    @fmf said
    Other posters I have suggested seem "very, very upset": chaney3, WOLFE64, sonship, SecondSon, Very Rusty, dj2becker, Seitse, Grampy Bobby, josephw, caesar salad, RBHILL, Philokalia, Johnnylongwoody, badrager and the list goes on. You've swung and missed. Are you even more very upset now?
    Not at all, you are quite mistaken.

Appear like all the people you've had issues with to me.

-VR
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 10:59
    @very-rusty said
    Not at all, you are quite mistaken.
    Gosh. Mistaken about what?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 11:011 edit
    @fmf said
    Gosh. Mistaken about what?
    About what you said, bad memory?

I wonder why you aren't all that well liked yourself?

-VR
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 11:05
    @very-rusty said
    About what you said, bad memory?
    There was no "mistake" or "bad memory" about what I said.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 11:12
    @hakima it depens on who your with, where you are, who is watching & do you care.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 11:24
    @fmf said
    There was no "mistake" or "bad memory" about what I said.
    What are you smoking today fmf?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree