1. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 03:25
    A common phrase...I’ve heard it all my life. Even when I’m told I’m free not to, it confuses me...

What the h*ll does it mean?
  2. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 03:512 edits
    @hakima said
    A common phrase...I’ve heard it all my life. Even when I’m told I’m free not to, it confuses me...

Be classy.

Be reserved.

Don't make stupid internet videos where you flaunt your body and then get mad when guys look.

Don't have 40 ex's

Don't have a grown man-son who still lives with his mommy and expect to date men who take you serious.

Don't be a bar hag.

Don't be divorced more than once.

Don't wear spandex when you're out of shape.

Etc Etc Etc...

I can go on if you like? 🤔
  3. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 03:54
    @hakima

I told rookie54 we were dating just to piss him off 😆
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 04:07
    @hakima said

it's an outdated patriarchal saying designed to take power from a woman
    one of the reasons you may feel confused, is that this simply doesn't apply anymore to you
    as humanity and the cultures of humanity grow up, this mental slavery will be abandoned
  5. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 04:122 edits
    @rookie54 said
    one of the reasons you may feel confused, is that this simply doesn't apply anymore to you
    as humanity and the cultures of humanity grow up, this mental slavery will be abandoned
    Middle aged women who are single and can't get a man are starting to realize your way of thinking isn't worth it...

They want the old way back. 😉

Feminism = Single, cat owner, man hater, out of shape.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 04:38
    @very-musty said
    @hakima

I told rookie54 we were dating just to piss him off 😆
    You suck worse than my first boyfriend.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 04:39
    @very-musty said
    Middle aged women who are single and can't get a man are starting to realize your way of thinking isn't worth it...

They want the old way back. 😉

One word: Bulls***.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 04:39
    @hakima
    “...act like a lady..."

I think women [and men] should act as they see fit and I shall view it all with the assistance of my moral compass and then interact with them accordingly on a case by case basis.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 04:42
    @rookie54 said
    Hear, hear!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 04:49
    @very-musty said
    Feminism underpins the fight against domestic violence, calls for more public spending on education and health [things women take most of the hands-on societal responsibility for], reform of the justice system so that it can prosecute more rapists, including marital rapists, calls for more grants and loans for women-owned businesses, activism to get more women into more decision-making positions in society, calls for more support for women who get divorced so that they do not descend into poverty etc.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 05:01
    @fmf said
    Feminism underpins the fight against domestic violence, calls for more public spending on education and health [things women take most of the hands-on societal responsibility for], reform of the justice system so that it can prosecute more rapists, including marital rapists, calls for more grants and loans for women-owned businesses, activism to get more women into more decision- ...[text shortened]... ety, calls for more support for women who get divorced so that they do not descend into poverty etc.
    Quite right. Thank you.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 05:471 edit
    @very-musty said
    Be classy.

Be reserved.

Don't make stupid internet videos where you flaunt your body and then get mad when guys look.

Don't have 40 ex's

Don't have a grown man-son who still lives with his mommy and expect to date men who take you serious.

Don't be a bar hag.

Don't be divorced more than once.

Don't wear spandex when you're out of shape.

Etc Etc Etc...

I can go on if you like? 🤔
    All of this when you consider that its origins is British.

Lady, in the British Isles, a general title for any peeress below the rank of duchess and also for the wife of a baronet or of a knight. Before the Hanoverian succession, when the use of “princess” became settled practice, royal daughters were styled Lady Forename or the Lady Forename.

Your descriptions were what such a person was expected to be, and were.

Lady Hakima. Works!
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 07:26
    @hakima said

Beats me.

I'd be happy if some here acted like a human.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 08:10
    @suzianne said
    Beats me.I'd be happy if some here acted like a human.
    You sound really, really upset.
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 08:25
    @earl-of-trumps said
    All of this when you consider that its origins is British.

Lady, in the British Isles, a general title for any peeress below the rank of duchess and also for the wife of a baronet or of a knight. Before the Hanoverian succession, when the use of “princess” became settled practice, royal daughters were styled Lady Forename or the Lady Forename.

Your descriptions were what such a person was expected to be, and were.

Lady Hakima. Works!
    British ruling classes is where you can even find historic books of etiquette along these lines, finishing schools teaching it etc. Though I don't think they mention Spandex. Although you have massive overlap with European Aristocracy and a lot of the ancestors of nobility arriving with the Norman conquest...

(And yes, it's sexist BS.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree