threes

threes

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mlb62

Moves
11 Jun 20

it's common knowledge that bad things come in threes.. We've had the Corona virus, George Floyd, so hold on to your pants for whatever is next !!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jun 20

@ogb said
it's common knowledge that bad things come in threes.. We've had the Corona virus, George Floyd, so hold on to your pants for whatever is next !!
It’s fear based superstition, not “common knowledge“.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Jun 20
1 edit

@ogb said
The world already has it in the whitehouse! Or you could pick the many unemployed all across the world.

Some do call it superstition, but seems things do have a way of happening in 3's.

-VR

SRB

Moves
11 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
The world already has it in the whitehouse! Or you could pick the many unemployed all across the world.

Some do call it superstition, but seems things do have a way of happening in 3's.

-VR
So after three bad things have happened everything else is good from then onwards then. That's quite encouraging really. Or does the next bad thing just get called number one again to save on learning to count?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Jun 20
2 edits

@petewxyz said
So after three bad things have happened everything else is good from then onwards then. That's quite encouraging really. Or does the next bad thing just get called number one again to save on learning to count?
I've seen many bad things happen in my life time as well as good things. and they all seem to run in 3's for some unknown reason. Of course more than 3 bad or good things can happen in a lifetime but always seem to be in 3's. Doesn't mean nothing bad or good will happen again.

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
11 Jun 20

how about the economy, the world wide economy.

Doomed, I tell you!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Jun 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
how about the economy, the world wide economy.

Doomed, I tell you!
So many People unemployed would cover that, of couse it is going to affect the economy.

Things are slowly starting to open up in my neck of the woods, distancing is enforced and they suggest people wear masks. From what I've seen most are following the rules which will help speed things up, but lots of testing has to be done yet.

-VR

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
11 Jun 20

@ogb said
it's common knowledge
things happen in ones

SRB

Moves
11 Jun 20

@rookie54 said
things happen in ones
If they're not happening is there still one of them or do they then vanish?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
11 Jun 20

@petewxyz said
If they're not happening is there still one of them or do they then vanish?
i aim to get as simple as possible
it's binary
the thing is either on
or off
it's one
or zero
you already know this

the original thought (superstition) of 'things happening in threes'
is a human perception/perspective
this stuff cannot be proven, or disproven
so many anecdotes, so many stories
but folks who mention this phenomena fail to ascribe a time frame to the "happenings"
is it one year?
is it five seconds?
is it just superstition?

you already have all the answers you will ever need

SRB

Moves
11 Jun 20

@rookie54 said
i aim to get as simple as possible
it's binary
the thing is either on
or off
it's one
or zero
you already know this

the original thought (superstition) of 'things happening in threes'
is a human perception/perspective
this stuff cannot be proven, or disproven
so many anecdotes, so many stories
but folks who mention this phenomena fail to ascribe a time frame to ...[text shortened]... is it five seconds?
is it just superstition?

you already have all the answers you will ever need
So what you are saying is there is a finite number of answers required, but how do I find out the number?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
11 Jun 20

@petewxyz said
So what you are saying is there is a finite number of answers required, but how do I find out the number?
yes i typed out "there is a finite number of answers"

have a great day

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Jun 20

@rookie54 said
yes i typed out "there is a finite number of answers"

have a great day
You still haven't learned how to hit the shift key on your keyboard when you type 'I'!!! 😉

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
11 Jun 20

@ogb said
for every three there is a two
but for every two there is not a three
but it fills the spaces in your mind that allows the rattle

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 20

People tend to look for patterns in life and three is the smallest number needed to create a pattern. Bad things also happen in twos and fours, of course, but the relationships aren't always as noticeable.