The ‘whatever happened to ????’ thread

The ‘whatever happened to ????’ thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
27 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
I remember when you use to be your own man, now you've turned into one of Suzie Q's minions!

-VR
I see. If I don't react to a post that annoys me then I'm my own man?? Interesting ideas. Anybody irritated by one of your posts is Suzianne's minion? She must own most people on the site. 🤔

Moves
27 Oct 20

@suzianne said
It's clear to everyone that Kewpie is correct, that many here use 'banter' as a cover for malicious remarks. It's like insulting someone fiercely and following that with "only kidding". 'Banter', as used at RHP, does indicate, not honest and forthright conversation, but the 'cut and jab' of the forums, especially here at RHP. To pretend otherwise is just lying to yourself ...[text shortened]... why I never use the word 'banter' to describe actual conversation in these forums. It's degrading.
When I use the word "banter" I take it to mean "playful exchanges" though perhaps there could be other "definitions". I will stick, in my case anyway, with my interpretation of it.

I have several dictionaries (actual tattered ones) that when I see a word I'm not familiar with I "look up" I even, once in a while defer to google. In all of them I get, and I paraphrase here, "good-natured teasing". 🤔

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
When I use the word "banter" I take it to mean "playful exchanges" though perhaps there could be other "definitions". I will stick, in my case anyway, with my interpretation of it.

I have several dictionaries (actual tattered ones) that when I see a word I'm not familiar with I "look up" I even, once in a while defer to google. In all of them I get, and I paraphrase here, "good-natured teasing". 🤔
I thought banter meant chatting.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Oct 20
1 edit

@petewxyz said
I see. If I don't react to a post that annoys me then I'm my own man?? Interesting ideas. Anybody irritated by one of your posts is Suzianne's minion? She must own most people on the site. 🤔
Absolutely not just some in her clan and few looking for brownie points with her. Funny stuff annoys you now that never did before! 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Oct 20

@torunn said
I thought banter meant chatting.
It always meant good natured teasing. 😉

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said

RHP is a microcosm, however, and these kinds of places develop their own slang over time. So many people have used 'banter' in a disparaging way that this must be considered when reading it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
Absolutely not just some in her clan and few looking for brownie points with her. Funny stuff annoys you now that never did before! 😉

-VR
Sorry, Skeezix, I don't do "brownie points".

Most scumbaggery is obvious. It cannot be ameliorated.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Oct 20

@suzianne said
I've responded to that particular nonsense of yours as much as I have stomach for, thank you. I can't be responsible for your level of reading proficiency.
If you feel that this sort of chicanery ‘ameliorates’ (sic) your ducking my reasonable replies to you mini-rant, then so be it fantasy girl.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Oct 20

@suzianne said
RHP is a microcosm
Thank goodness you are here to keep us all in line and of good understanding 🙄

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Oct 20

@sonship

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Oct 20

@suzianne said
Sorry, Skeezix, I don't do "brownie points".

Most scumbaggery is obvious. It cannot be ameliorated.
Walt named the baby Skeezix (a cowboy slang term for an orphaned calf), and after that the characters aged in “real time”—they grew older, married, and had children of their own. Skeezix, for instance, went through high school in the 1930s and was middle-aged in the 1960s.

Most likely you were thinking of a Clan Member of yours! 😉

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 20

@divegeester said
If you feel that this sort of chicanery ‘ameliorates’ (sic) your ducking my reasonable replies to you mini-rant, then so be it fantasy girl.
As I said, I can't be responsible for your level of reading proficiency.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
Walt named the baby Skeezix (a cowboy slang term for an orphaned calf), and after that the characters aged in “real time”—they grew older, married, and had children of their own. Skeezix, for instance, went through high school in the 1930s and was middle-aged in the 1960s.

Most likely you were thinking of a Clan Member of yours! 😉

-VR
Fits you to a T, yes?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Oct 20

@suzianne said
Fits you to a T, yes?
I put the nicer of the two meanings in it, the other is against the TOS, and you would get it removed. If the Moderator knows what you are talking about it could get removed. What you THINK isn't important the rules of the site are! 😉

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 20