The ‘whatever happened to ????’ thread

The ‘whatever happened to ????’ thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You not think it more likely the post triggered the automod?! (In its telling of the words we are not meant to use).
Tut-tut.

Don't let your logic get in the way of the juvenile ranting, or you might get run over by those who think they hold a majority opinion, like others have already.

Moves
29 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You not think it more likely the post triggered the automod?! (In its telling of the words we are not meant to use).
It wasn’t alerted when it was first posted.

Moves
29 Oct 20

@suzianne said
Tut-tut.

Don't let your logic get in the way of the juvenile ranting, or you might get run over by those who think they hold a majority opinion, like others have already.
Again... specifically what “ranting” are you referring to?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Oct 20
4 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It could be the words used in a post triggered automod especially the name calling going on.

In looking them over we might all at least most of us need to think about what we type before hitting enter. I am certainly not innocent in this.

I've seen alerted posts stay up for days and then be removed. The Mods I would assume are sometimes overwhelmed with alerts. I rarely see an alert removed on a week-end thinking about it.

By the way it was me who posted the rules about the Posting Guidelines. I thought everyone needed a reminder about the ranting and name calling. I don't know what the person who sent the alert about it thinks they will accomplish they are the words by the OWNER of this SITE!!!

-VR

Moves
29 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
It could be the words used in a post triggered automod especially the name calling or it was just posted to remind everyone of the rules.

In looking them over we might all at least most of us need to think about what we type before hitting enter. I am certainly not innocent in this.

I've seen alerted posts stay up for days and then be removed. The Mods I would assume ...[text shortened]... he alert about it thinks they will accomplish they are the words of the OWNER of this SITE!!!

-VR
Yes, few of us have clean hands in this regard. I will take heed of the name calling if you take particular heed of:

'Overly trivial posts may be removed at the discretion of the forum moderators if they are deemed to be disruptive or distracting to the thread and its participants.'

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Yes, few of us have clean hands in this regard. I will take heed of the name calling if you take particular heed of:

'Overly trivial posts may be removed at the discretion of the forum moderators if they are deemed to be disruptive or distracting to the thread and its participants.'
We can agree on one thing Goad none of us have clean hands in this. We might want to all be a little more careful in what we say and not keep repeating ourselves about the same thing over and over again, once again everyone would be guilty of this. I am not pointing a finger at anyone and am just as guilty as anyone for this. There are many trivial posts which are the Moderators descretion rather to remove or not, that is beyond our control as everyone has their own mind on what a trivial post would be.

-VR

Moves
29 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
We can agree on one thing Goad none of us have clean hands in this. We might want to all be a little more careful in what we say and not keep repeating ourselves about the same thing over and over again, once again everyone would be guilty of this. I am not pointing a finger at anyone and am just as guilty as anyone for this. There are many trivial posts which are the Mode ...[text shortened]... t, that is beyond our control as everyone has their own mind on what a trivial post would be.

-VR
I will allow you sir to make trivial posts that are witty and well crafted.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Oct 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Actually goad we both know you can't stop me from making trivial posts rather you consider them witty or not would be up to a Moderator. 🙂 It would be the Moderator who would decide if the post removed. On this Site you're not a Moderator thank Russ, or I'd have no posts up. 😛 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Oct 20

@divegeester said
It wasn’t alerted when it was first posted.
Of course someone had to alert the post Dive, we have a pretty good idea who would have done that don't we. 🙂

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
Actually goad we both know you can't stop me from making trivial posts rather you consider them witty or not would be up to a Moderator. 🙂 It would be the Moderator who would decide if the post removed. On this Site you're not a Moderator thank Russ, or I'd have no posts up. 😛 😉

-VR
For the nine billionth time, the word is 'whether', not 'rather'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Amen.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Oct 20

@suzianne said
Amen.
Agreed, not Suzie Q or goad!!! 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Oct 20

@suzianne said
For the nine billionth time, the word is 'whether', not 'rather'.
You'd think an intelligent person would have quit by now wouldn't you? 😉

-VR

Moves
29 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
“You will allow...”

Really?

Moves
29 Oct 20

@suzianne said
Amen.
And yet still you rant on...