The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15d

@Torunn said
I will be having friends over for canasta in an hour or so. In the meantime, I would love a glass of sparkling, please.
Good luck with it, Torunn.

Moves
15d

@Very-Rusty said
Would like us to believe you never snuck a sip when Grandma wasn't looking? 🙂

-VR
I must admit that the thought did occur to me but I was about 10 or 11 and decided not to. About 7 or 8 years later I did try wine, Mateus Rose, I think it was. Since then my tastes in wine have “matured”.👍

Gothenburg

Moves
15d

@Earl-of-Trumps said
Good luck with it, Torunn.
Thank you Earl - we had a very good time, Anita and I lost both rounds. 🙂

Moves
15d

@Torunn said
Thank you Earl - we had a very good time, Anita and I lost both rounds. 🙂
Lately I too have been losing the rounds but mine are golf 🏌️‍♂️ rounds not canasta rounds.😢😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@Great-Big-Stees said
Lately I too have been losing the rounds but mine are golf 🏌️‍♂️ rounds not canasta rounds.😢😉
I hate to say it, but you think age may becoming a factor? I know I am not as good at some things as I once was.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15d
1 edit

@Very-Rusty said
I hate to say it, but you think age may becoming a factor? I know I am not as good at some things as I once was.

-VR
I'm sure age has everything to do with it, especially golf which really requires physical efforts. Tiger Woods is not as good now as he once was, or any other top player. As far as canasta is concerned, I have no good excuses. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@Torunn said
I'm sure age has everything to do with it, especially golf which really requires physical efforts. Tiger Woods is not as good now as he once was, or any other top player. As far as canasta is concerned, I have no good excuses. 🙂
I don't think anyone or very few like to admit age is slowing them down, but it hits all sooner or later.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15d

@Very-Rusty said
I don't think anyone or very few like to admit age is slowing them down, but it hits all sooner or later.

-VR
It is also a comforting thought: I don't have to be as good as I once was. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@Torunn said
It is also a comforting thought: I don't have to be as good as I once was. 🙂
One could take that many ways. 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15d

@Very-Rusty said
One could take that many ways. 🙂

-VR
It makes me feel more relaxed - I don't have to prove anything.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@Torunn said
It makes me feel more relaxed - I don't have to prove anything.
I've felt like I had nothing to prove to anyone for the last couple of decades.

To be completely honest, I never did concern myself about what others thought. You can't please everyone so why bother going out one's way to even try?

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15d

@Very-Rusty said
I've felt like I had nothing to prove to anyone for the last couple of decades.

To be completely honest, I never did concern myself about what others thought. You can't please everyone so why bother going out one's way to even try?

-VR
True, but with a family - grandchildren, great-grandchildren, we sometimes have to do more than we thought was possible. I think I am past that now.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@Torunn said
True, but with a family - grandchildren, great-grandchildren, we sometimes have to do more than we thought was possible. I think I am past that now.
I have Children, grand-children and great grand-children and do what I can, but don't push it. One can only do so much.

-VR

Moves
15d

@Very-Rusty said
I have Children, grand-children and great grand-children and do what I can, but don't push it. One can only do so much.

-VR
You “guys” must really be old. I only have children and one grandchild 2-1/2 yrs old.😲😁

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@Great-Big-Stees said
You “guys” must really be old. I only have children and one grandchild 2-1/2 yrs old.😲😁
Stees actually you are older than I am. I don't know about torunn but my children and their children must have been busier than yours, shall we say. 🙂

-VR