The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
10d

@Very-Rusty said
Better half and myself know a Married couple from Jamaica who have a villa there and a few apartments. They work full time here as Nurses and invited us to go to Jamaica with them for a week. We both have let our passports run out so were not able to go. It would have been a nice retreat for a week or 2. Perhaps we will invest in a couple of 10 year passports. They both ra ...[text shortened]... e Pandemic started so we saw no need of renewing at that time, when no one could go anywhere.

-VR
Swedish passports are only valid for 5 years. Mine has expired and I won't renew it for now as I don't intend to go abroad within the foreseeable future. I may apply for an international id-card to go to EU countries. I find what I need where I am.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10d

@Torunn said
Swedish passports are only valid for 5 years. Mine has expired and I won't renew it for now as I don't intend to go abroad within the foreseeable future. I may apply for an international id-card to go to EU countries. I find what I need where I am.
We can or could get ours for 5 or 10 years. It has been awhile now since I actually had to do everything over as I let it expire.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
10d
1 edit

If I could transfer myself within a few hours, and feel comfortable financially there, I would choose New York - it's a dream. I have been there four times and I just love it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10d

@Torunn said
If I could transfer myself within a few hours, and feel comfortable financially there, I would choose New York - it's a dream. I have been there four times and I just love it.
Noise and congested traffic jams are not for me. I'll take a quiet little city or country area with less pollution.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
10d

@Very-Rusty said
Noise and congested traffic jams are not for me. I'll take a quiet little city or country area with less pollution.

-VR
It's a great place and people are very nice and helpful. But either you love it or hate it - it's hard to be indifferent.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10d

@Torunn said
It's a great place and people are very nice and helpful. But either you love it or hate it - it's hard to be indifferent.
You sure you are talking about New York? It must have changed drastically! 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
10d
1 edit

People are genuinely helpful and friendly. Every time I have been there I have felt welcome. Last time was in 2016 and I'm talking about Manhattan. I think that if you go to a big place like that, you need an open and loving mind. When I was in Rome I didn't feel any of that and I didn't like the people either.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10d

@Torunn said
People are genuinely helpful and friendly. Every time I have been there I have felt welcome. Last time was in 2016 and I'm talking about Manhattan. I think that if you go to a big place like that, you need an open and loving mind. When I was in Rome I didn't feel any of that and I didn't like the people either.
I don't have a personal knowledge of New Yorkers just what I've been told by people who have been there. I had been thinking about it and friends who had been there said not to waste my time. People were very Rude and it was noisy and a lot of pollution. Of course this is all hear say, I didn't see it for myself.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
10d
1 edit

As I said, if you go there disliking crowded places and pollution, you may not find what I found. I found nice people, places I recalled from numerous films I have seen over the years, I found busy streets and places and I love all that. That's why Manhattan is a favorite place of mine.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10d

@Torunn said
As I said, if you go there disliking crowded places and pollution, you may not find what I found. I found nice people, places I recalled from numerous films I have seen over the years, I found busy streets and places and I love all that. That's why Manhattan is a favorite place of mine.
I use to enjoy crowds as a younger man. Not so much now, I am more quiet and mellow than I once was even on here if you've noticed. 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
10d

@Very-Rusty said
I use to enjoy crowds as a younger man. Not so much now, I am more quiet and mellow than I once was even on here if you've noticed. 🙂

-VR
I need to balance my restless soul with an active environment to find peace of mind. Travelling is a bit much for me these days but long walks are necessary.

Moves
9d

@Very-Rusty said
We can or could get ours for 5 or 10 years. It has been awhile now since I actually had to do everything over as I let it expire.

-VR
My current 10 year passport expires in 2025 and I will renew it for another 10 year term. I hope I am making the right decision but as always…”glass half full”.👍😁

Moves
9d

Well I tried a wee dram of the Bambu while listening to the dulcet tones of “The Big Bamboo” by Horace Peterkin and found it, the Bambu, unlike the aforementioned tune which I always enjoy, too sweet. I washed it down with a shot of Oban. Now there’s a great drink.👍

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
9d

@Torunn said
A Russian woman I know told me that with all of her travels, the one city that is above the rest is Paris. She loved it.
Of course, she had yet to go to New York City,

Gothenburg

Moves
9d
1 edit

I have been to Paris once, many years ago, and it was a charming city in many ways, with lots to see and do. I don't speak French and natural encounters with people are more difficult as the French don't have English so available. Much gets lost that way.