The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Oct 22

Seattle Kraken.

Moves
18 Oct 22

How did you know my name is Earl?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Oct 22

@Mayor

Just a wild Guess! 🙂

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
18 Oct 22

@mayor said
How did you know my name is Earl?
look in the mirror
it's stamped on your forehead

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
18 Oct 22

@very-rusty said
Are you serious Earl?

-VR
serious as a heart attack: https://www.nhl.com/kraken

they could win the stanley cup this year!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Oct 22

@earl-of-trumps said
serious as a heart attack: https://www.nhl.com/kraken

they could win the stanley cup this year!
LOL...A new NHL Team, doubtful they could win the Cup first year in.

-VR

Moves
19 Oct 22

Considering you didn't even know the team existed we will have to ignore any opinions you have about anything to do with the NHL.
It has only happened twice before. 1917/1918 Toronto Arenas and the 1995/1996 Colorado Avalanche.
If you don't count a team moving then the Avalanche win wouldn't count because that was the Quebec Nordiques who moved to Colorado, so really the Toronto Arenas win is the only one.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Oct 22
2 edits

@mayor said
Considering you didn't even know the team existed we will have to ignore any opinions you have about anything to do with the NHL.
It has only happened twice before. 1917/1918 Toronto Arenas and the 1995/1996 Colorado Avalanche.
If you don't count a team moving then the Avalanche win wouldn't count because that was the Quebec Nordiques who moved to Colorado, so really the Toronto Arenas win is the only one.
Not an opinion I know about the NHL.....Nordiques were already an established Team who only needed a goalie and a defenseman to complete their Team. Patrick Roy became the Goalie a hall of famer and Ray Bourque another hall of famer!

1917/ `=1918 is way before my time! 😛 🙂 I am sure you weren't around over 100 years ago either! 🙂 Hockey was a different game over 100 years ago, believe it or not!

-VR

Moves
19 Oct 22

The original rules had no forward passing allowed and the puck was square. Weird.

F

Moves
19 Oct 22
1 edit

@mayor said
The original rules had no forward passing allowed and the puck was square. Weird.
I sense that this is you taking an obscure and disguised dig at the premise of rugby football with built-in deniability.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19 Oct 22

@very-rusty said
LOL...A new NHL Team, doubtful they could win the Cup first year in.

-VR
"doubtful" - perhaps. but possible! besides, it doubtful for any team, really.

2017-2018 NHL season was the inaugural year for the Las Vegas Golden Knights.
They went all the way to the Stanley Cup final. It's possible.

Moves
19 Oct 22

Ha! The Tavern has turned into a sports bar.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Oct 22

@earl-of-trumps said
"doubtful" - perhaps. but possible! besides, it doubtful for any team, really.

2017-2018 NHL season was the inaugural year for the Las Vegas Golden Knights.
They went all the way to the Stanley Cup final. It's possible.
They still lost....It doesn't count here in Canada unless you finish 1rst! 🙂 I had forgot about them though to be honest with you, and they had my favorite Goalie on the Team!

-VR

Moves
19 Oct 22

@Very-Rusty

Rusty, may I offer you a glass of green tea? Please let someone else wash the cup and boil the water, and -- even though I would never spit in your tea -- I'm willing to sit in the penalty box while the tea brews in case that might help set your mind at ease.

ENGLAND

Moves
20 Oct 22

@kevin-eleven said
@Very-Rusty

Rusty, may I offer you a glass of green tea? Please let someone else wash the cup and boil the water, and -- even though I would never spit in your tea -- I'm willing to sit in the penalty box while the tea brews in case that might help set your mind at ease.
If you keep talking to the resident spanner like this he’s just going to default to tongue poke emojis and “LOLs”.