1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 May '22 05:382 edits
    @very-rusty said
    Seven actors in total have portrayed Bond in film. Following Connery's portrayal, David Niven, George Lozengy, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Bronson and Daniel Craig have assumed the role. These screen versions have retained many traits from Fleming's depiction, although some of Bond's less politically correct traits have been dropped, such as his treatment of women and smoking.

-VR
    "The catchphrase first appears in the novel Diamonds Are Forever (1956), though Bond himself does not actually say it until Dr. No (1958), where his exact words are "shaken and not stirred."

Ian Fleming introduced the fictional character James Bond in his books and my absolute favourite in the the 007 films is Daniel Craig.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 May '22 11:38
    @torunn said
    "The catchphrase first appears in the novel Diamonds Are Forever (1956), though Bond himself does not actually say it until Dr. No (1958), where his exact words are "shaken and not stirred."

Ian Fleming introduced the fictional character James Bond in his books and my absolute favourite in the the 007 films is Daniel Craig.
    Although verbal intercourse is a big part of what attracts patrons to this establishment the main attraction has been, in the past, our vast array of drinks and nosh. I have decided to open yet another room, calling it the “so what do you think?” room where the main attraction is just that..intercourse, of the verbal variety.πŸ€”πŸ‘
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 May '22 11:491 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Although verbal intercourse is a big part of what attracts patrons to this establishment the main attraction has been, in the past, our vast array of drinks and nosh. I have decided to open yet another room, calling it the “so what do you think?” room where the main attraction is just that..intercourse, of the verbal variety.πŸ€”πŸ‘
    You mean like "Speakers Corner" in London, but indoors?

I think it's a splendid idea.
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    18 May '22 11:55
    @great-big-stees said
    Make sure you employ a couple of bouncers if things start to get out of hand.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 May '22 11:57
    @torunn said
    You mean like "Speakers Corner" in London, but indoors?

I think it's a splendid idea.
    Yes, that’s it and you can even bring a soap box….if you’d like. Please, no megaphones though.πŸ€”πŸ‘
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 May '22 12:02
    @great-big-stees said
    Yes, that’s it and you can even bring a soap box….if you’d like. Please, no megaphones though.πŸ€”πŸ‘
    soap box...?

I remember once in Speakers Corner in London, a man brought a wooden box to stand on, and he kept saying: Please don't kick the box, don't kick the box. Not to me, to all of the people around him.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 May '22 12:111 edit
    @torunn said
    soap box...?

I remember once in Speakers Corner in London, a man brought a wooden box to stand on, and he kept saying: Please don't kick the box, don't kick the box. Not to me, to all of the people around him.
    I think that maybe, people used to stand on boxes that were used to hold soap when expressing their particular views on their chosen subject and so the term “soap box” was born. On the subject of London’s speakers corner, I was there in the mid 60s on my “tour” when from the crowd I heard someone say, “Hey….Steve” I turned around and there was an old school mate from grade school I hadn’t seen in about 10+ years. It really is a small world.πŸ‘
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '22 12:28
    @the-gravedigger said
    Make sure you employ a couple of bouncers if things start to get out of hand.
    LOL@ t-g you sound a little bit afraid! πŸ™‚

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 May '22 12:33
    @very-rusty said
    LOL@ t-g you sound a little bit afraid! πŸ™‚

-VR
    Fear is sometimes a good thing VR.πŸ‘
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '22 12:44
    @great-big-stees said
    Fear is sometimes a good thing VR.πŸ‘
    I use to get a little nervous before hockey game or a boxing match, but used that nervous energy to my advantage. I don't know how fear would be a good thing.

-VR
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 May '22 12:49
    @very-rusty said
    I use to get a little nervous before hockey game or a boxing match, but used that nervous energy to my advantage. I don't know how fear would be a good thing.

-VR
    Fear is a good thing, it raises our adrenaline level and makes us act quickly when necessary. Without fear we could be in danger.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '22 14:09
    @torunn said
    Fear is a good thing, it raises our adrenaline level and makes us act quickly when necessary. Without fear we could be in danger.
    If I happened to see fear in my opponents eyes in a boxing match, I knew it would be an easy win. πŸ™‚

I believe nervous energy can get the adrenaline going pretty good. I would actually throw up before a Hockey game, then I was ready to go. It got to be an on going joke did our goalie throw up yet. No one could talk to be before a game. During the game was fine.

-VR
  13. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    18 May '22 14:20
    @very-rusty said
    I would actually throw up before a Hockey game, then I was ready to go.

-VR
    🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻πŸ₯‚πŸ₯ƒπŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»
    πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '22 14:25
    @the-gravedigger said
    🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻πŸ₯‚πŸ₯ƒπŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»
    πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›
    t-g,
    Nothing to do with drinking never drank before a hockey game or the night before just nervous energy. I played goal so if we lost I felt it was my fault. We never lost a game my last year. Most of the guys on the team went on to play Junior Hockey, I went to work.

-VR
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    18 May '22 17:15
    @Very-Rusty says -
    I would actually throw up before a Hockey game, then I was ready to go.

Bill Russell of the old Boston Celtics used to throw up before all his big games. He won 11 NBA championships in 13 years

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree