1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 07:351 edit
    @suzianne said
    Oh, my. This is acceptable, yes. Your angel financier must have deep pockets. Normally the best I can do is an indie California Cabernet. Oh, and leave the bottle, s'il vous plait, I am sure Torunn will help me finish it.
    You can count on me, and we will have a chance to get acquainted. Do speak with a special accent?
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 08:39
    @suzianne said
    Rusty hasn't done anything I can see to deserve this wine.
    Love me best
    when I deserve it least
    because that's when I need it most

(Swedish proverb)
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 11:501 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Rumour has it he has been known to help those in need. Lemon seems very needy! 😉

-VR
    Lemons are often needed as a garnish here.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 12:00
    @suzianne said
    Oh, my. This is acceptable, yes. Your angel financier must have deep pockets. Normally the best I can do is an indie California Cabernet. Oh, and leave the bottle, s'il vous plait, I am sure Torunn will help me finish it.
    Mon plaisir, et oui, le philantopiste a en effet de profondes poches. Since you invited torunn to join you he has also insisted that you both shall have any of the fine munchies on offer, gratis/free naturalmente. Bon appetit.

OK where's the guy who ordered the Pepsi?
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 12:10
    @great-big-stees said
    Mon plaisir, et oui, le philantopiste a en effet de profondes poches. Since you invited torunn to join you he has also insisted that you both shall have any of the fine munchies on offer, gratis/free naturalmente. Bon appetit.

Just what I was hoping for. 🙂
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:07
    @suzianne said
    Rusty hasn't done anything I can see to deserve this wine.
    If you paid attention to anything but your own words Suzie Q, you'd know Very Rusty doesn't drink! 😉

-VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:08
    @great-big-stees said
    Lemons are often needed as a garnish here.
    You know where to stick those lemons don't you gbs! 😛 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:16
    @torunn said
    You can count on me, and we will have a chance to get acquainted. Do speak with a special accent?
    You know, I'm American, no real regional accent that I know of, of course none of us thinks we have an accent even when some, esp. from the South or New England, are really noticable to others. Sometimes when I'm unusually tired, I can start speaking in a drawl; I think this is from the year I spent in North Carolina as a little girl.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:19
    @suzianne said
    You know, I'm American, no real regional accent that I know of, of course none of us thinks we have an accent even when some, esp. from the South or New England, are really noticable to others. Sometimes when I'm unusually tired, I can start speaking in a drawl; I think this is from the year I spent in North Carolina as a little girl.
    Yes you all have different accents depending what part of the U.S.A. you live in. I have relatives in Boston. They even say things differently as an example: What we call pop they call tonic water.....LOL...at least we all got a laugh out of it. Other expressions to that they use.

-VR
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:19
    @torunn said
    Just what I was hoping for. 🙂
    Hey, look, we're special! hehehe
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:20
    @great-big-stees said

Thank the gentleman for us, please.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:21
    @suzianne said
    Hey, look, we're special! hehehe
    Yes, we have people we call 'special' here too, but has a different meaning. Perhaps you are special! 😉

-VR
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:25
    @very-rusty said
    Yes you all have different accents depending what part of the U.S.A. you live in. I have relatives in Boston. They even say things differently as an example: What we call pop they call tonic water.....LOL...at least we all got a laugh out of it. Other expressions to that they use.

-VR
    As I was taught British-English, which I still stick to, I can have a hard time understanding accents. e.g. Australian was a bit tricky when Kewpie and I met a few years ago.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:25
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, we have people we call 'special' here too, but has a different meaning. Perhaps you are special! 😉

-VR
    We are a bit special here in that we are women - not so many in these forums.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 14:26
    @suzianne said
    Thank the gentleman for us, please.
    (Who is that guy, Suzie...? )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree