1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 14:08
    @torunn said
    It's white these days, not Chardonney so much though. What do we keep in our cellar?
    One of the best points in a virtual tavern is that the wine cellar is connected to all wine celars in history. Just pick your choice 😉
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 14:33
    @torunn said
    It's white these days, not Chardonney so much though. What do we keep in our cellar?
    white is Ok,

I prefer the sweet reds. Obviously I am not a seasoned knowledgeable wine taster
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 15:05
    @torunn said
    We have a jukebox with good old 70's and other music.
    I enjoyed a lot of music from the 70's and 80's....Many were not even born at that time. We are not getting any younger for sure! Today's youth would call that the old music!

-VR
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 15:17
    @earl-of-trumps said
    white is Ok,

I prefer the sweet reds. Obviously I am not a seasoned knowledgeable wine taster
    I'm not either, I just know what I like but the tastes vary with what we eat, that's for sure.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 15:43
    @earl-of-trumps said
    white is Ok,

Back in the days when I did drink I liked red wine better than white

-VR
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 15:48
    @very-rusty said
    Back in the days when I did drink I liked red wine better than white

-VR
    It seems many people do. I often have fish, and white wine goes better with that than red. Halibut though is recommended with red wine sometimes.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 15:50
    @torunn said
    It seems many people do. I often have fish, and white wine goes better with that than red. Halibut though is recommended with red wine sometimes.
    It would be rare for me to drink wine with fish, I do understand many people do however.

-VR
  8. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 17:01
    @very-rusty said
    It would be rare for me to drink wine with fish, I do understand many people do however.

-VR
    Never drink with fish. They never pay for their drinks and their conversation is rubbish (I'm told).
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 18:35
    @Relentless-Red

very wise,

😏
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 13:24
    @relentless-red said
    Never drink with fish. They never pay for their drinks and their conversation is rubbish (I'm told).
    Hmmm. Sounds fishy to me.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 13:26
    @ponderable said
    One of the best points in a virtual tavern is that the wine cellar is connected to all wine celars in history. Just pick your choice 😉
    Very true and it is likewise with any of our patrons' choices of beverage. We have access to all. Some very expensive, some quite...not so.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 14:11
    @great-big-stees said
    Very true and it is likewise with any of our patrons' choices of beverage. We have access to all. Some very expensive, some quite...not so.
    I personally think you're all drunk at this point! 😛

-VR
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 14:32
    @very-rusty said
    I personally think you're all drunk at this point! 😛

-VR
    Some of the patrons sip on their drinks, taking time to enjoy, not only the "chit-chat" but their beverage choice.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 14:35
    @great-big-stees said
    Some of the patrons sip on their drinks, taking time to enjoy, not only the "chit-chat" but their beverage choice.
    You're the waiter and bias, you should be the one cutting them off, instead of feeding them more booze! 😉

-VR
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 15:46
    @great-big-stees said
    sometimes, too, Stees, I enjoy a good herbal tea. Specifically, I have this Stash licorice that I love after the meal and I just savor it so much.

And I don't want to spoil it but yea, I enjoy a good cig with it, too. yikes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree