1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 17:09
    @very-rusty said
    I believe your guys kept your cases low if I am not mistaken. So many must have been sticking to the rules which were put in place. I am sure everything will be just fine!

-VR
    I think so too, VR. That's the way we have to think. I wonder if Stees will tell us more about his new boat... I'm so curious. Hope he sticks around this afternoon.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 17:13
    @torunn said
    I think so too, VR. That's the way we have to think. I wonder if Stees will tell us more about his new boat... I'm so curious. Hope he sticks around this afternoon.
    I am sure he will want to stick as much time as he can on it while the weather permits.

-VR
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 17:18

Removed by poster

4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 22:08
    I don't know why your removed post your stuck in there then removed, saw nothing wrong with it?

-VR
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 06:43
    @very-rusty said
    I don't know why your removed post your stuck in there then removed, saw nothing wrong with it?

-VR
    No, nothing wrong, but I regretted involving his family. He didn't mention his family and so I shouldn't either.
  6. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 08:09
    @torunn
    I never visited this thread before. RHP is like a big mansion with loads of rooms you can stumble into. I might stick around if I am not intruding, it seems a nice quiet back water. For some reason it reminds me of the first time I visited France and saw towns and villages with narrow streets and eccentric little gargoyles sticking out of buildings and such like. Old squares and markets. It made me wonder why so much of England seems to have been replaced with concrete estates and flats in the 60s.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 08:25
    @petewxyz said
    I never visited this thread before. RHP is like a big mansion with loads of rooms you can stumble into. I might stick around if I am not intruding, it seems a nice quiet back water. For some reason it reminds me of the first time I visited France and saw towns and villages with narrow streets and eccentric little gargoyles sticking out of buildings and such like. Old squares ...[text shortened]... onder why so much of England seems to have been replaced with concrete estates and flats in the 60s.
    Nice to see you here, Peter. This is a quiet place, not much happening and so it is of less interest to most players.
    What we saw in Sweden with demolition of city buildings and culture in the 60's is being repeated now, and I can't believe it is even legal. Not only do they take buildings down and replace with others, they manage to squeeze in two or more instead of one, and nowhere is safe.
    But this is STG and it remains the same, stuck in tradition. 🙂
  8. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 09:02
    @torunn said
    Nice to see you here, Peter. This is a quiet place, not much happening and so it is of less interest to most players.
    What we saw in Sweden with demolition of city buildings and culture in the 60's is being repeated now, and I can't believe it is even legal. Not only do they take buildings down and replace with others, they manage to squeeze in two or more instead of one, and nowhere is safe.
    But this is STG and it remains the same, stuck in tradition. 🙂
    Hi, nice to meet you here too. These things are so important because they are more than the logical mind can comprehend. Logically characterless buildings are perfect because they have all the amenities required for life, but they don't feel like houses or like homes. I think that is why films like Harry Potter create the illusion of magic just from old higgledy piggledy houses in a street. Perhaps that has something to do with wanting a thread with no logical purpose?
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 09:181 edit
    @petewxyz said
    Hi, nice to meet you here too. These things are so important because they are more than the logical mind can comprehend. Logically characterless buildings are perfect because they have all the amenities required for life, but they don't feel like houses or like homes. I think that is why films like Harry Potter create the illusion of magic just from old higgledy piggledy houses in a street. Perhaps that has something to do with wanting a thread with no logical purpose?
    It's like meeting friends without any purpose other than keeping in touch. There is nothing here to upset us, we seldom disagree. Instead of focusing on differences, we stick to similarities, and by and by we get a little closer..
  10. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 09:24
    @torunn said
    It's like meeting friends without any purpose other than keeping in touch. There is nothing here to upset us, we seldom disagree. Instead of focusing on differences, we stick to similarities, and by and by we get a little closer..
    Yes, I like it when I walk down the road and different people I know will nod and say hello. In the virtual world you don't just bump into people unless there are threads for that. We'll have to dream up another thread where people just see each other in passing. The going for a stroll thread!
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:101 edit
    @petewxyz said
    I never visited this thread before. RHP is like a big mansion with loads of rooms you can stumble into. I might stick around if I am not intruding, it seems a nice quiet back water. For some reason it reminds me of the first time I visited France and saw towns and villages with narrow streets and eccentric little gargoyles sticking out of buildings and such like. Old squares ...[text shortened]... onder why so much of England seems to have been replaced with concrete estates and flats in the 60s.
    Welcome Pete,
    A little background for you. It was started by the original poster (OP) as a game he thought back then would never last intended to keep the thread on top of the first page. Also a quiet place where people could go to get away from all the crap that goes on in the other threads. We try to keep the thread non-combative and I always like to stick in a stuck, sticky, or stick in about every post I make. After all it is the Sticky Thread Game. 😉

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:15
    @torunn said
    No, nothing wrong, but I regretted involving his family. He didn't mention his family and so I shouldn't either.
    I see, I don't think GBS would have minded you sticking that in as it wasn't any thing bad about his family. I guess some could have looked at it differently though.

-VR
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:17
    @petewxyz said
    Yes, I like it when I walk down the road and different people I know will nod and say hello. In the virtual world you don't just bump into people unless there are threads for that. We'll have to dream up another thread where people just see each other in passing. The going for a stroll thread!
    Well I looked for it but noted that, as of yet, you've not stuck it in. I awaited, with bated breath. BTW, welcome to the little corner of the GF where few people seem to visit. As Torunn has said, I paraphrase, no conflicts here. It's kinda like the premise of the TV show, Seinfeld, a thread about nothing. 😉
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 13:251 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Well I looked for it but noted that, as of yet, you've not stuck it in. I awaited, with bated breath. BTW, welcome to the little corner of the GF where few people seem to visit. As Torunn has said, I paraphrase, no conflicts here. It's kinda like the premise of the TV show, Seinfeld, a thread about nothing. 😉
    With this post Russ name will not show, I'll stick it in to show you! 😉

I think he was doing some fixes.

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 16:49
    @great-big-stees said
    That's right, Stees - a bit like Seinfeld. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree