1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 12:13
    @kewpie said
    I think you were being nice to let me win the first game. I should have been nice and let you win the second one!
    That was a great trip for us, meeting all of you. We had planned to repeat the experience this year, but the best laid plans ....
    Well maybe you'll just have to stick it (the trip) on the backburner for a while. 🤔 😀
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 13:141 edit
    @petewxyz said
    How did you get around once you were in Europe?
    Eurail. That's Europe's big advantage for tourists from countries where they drive on the right.

International travel's gone away, at least until they find a vaccine or a cure, and by then I'll probably be too old to get travel insurance. ☹
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 13:59
    @kewpie said
    Eurail. That's Europe's big advantage for tourists from countries where they drive on the right.

International travel's gone away, at least until they find a vaccine or a cure, and by then I'll probably be too old to get travel insurance. ☹
    Do they cut you off from getting travel insurance at a certain age over there? Man that is sure sticking to you, and unfair!

-VR
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 14:52
    @kewpie said

That is really sad to hear. Remember the first corona virus just went extinct. Just as they can mutate into something capable of a pandemic they can also just vanish so 🤞🤞

My sister did Eurail when she was a kid and still does European trains for fun. We tow a caravan. My brain just switches to the other side of the road automatically after years of doing it. I find it harder if you hire a car and sit on the other side. It's okay until you reach for the door handle when you wanted the gear stick!
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 15:03
    @petewxyz said
    That is really sad to hear. Remember the first corona virus just went extinct. Just as they can mutate into something capable of a pandemic they can also just vanish so 🤞🤞

My sister did Eurail when she was a kid and still does European trains for fun. We tow a caravan. My brain just switches to the other side of the road automatically after years of doing it. I find it ha ...[text shortened]... sit on the other side. It's okay until you reach for the door handle when you wanted the gear stick!
    Please stick your driving to the UK! 😉

-VR
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 07:291 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Do they cut you off from getting travel insurance at a certain age over there? Man that is sure sticking to you, and unfair!

-VR
    They don't cut you off. First they double the premium. If you haven't given up by then they put in exclusions for various medical ailments which almost every over80 may have some of. They only want to collect premiums, they aren't interested in people actually making claims.
    The chosen countries make a huge difference too. If you want to visit the US the cover is hugely restricted because of their health system.
    Up to now we've managed to get cover by paying an extra $100 for cover in Europe.
    Every insurer will have COVID-19 exclusions from here on. I guess we'll have to stick to countries with reciprocal agreement such as the UK.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 12:25
    @kewpie said
    They don't cut you off. First they double the premium. If you haven't given up by then they put in exclusions for various medical ailments which almost every over80 may have some of. They only want to collect premiums, they aren't interested in people actually making claims.
    The chosen countries make a huge difference too. If you want to visit the US the cover is hugely ...[text shortened]... ns from here on. I guess we'll have to stick to countries with reciprocal agreement such as the UK.
    Can you stick Canada into your, "countries with reciprocal agreements"? Oh hang on, Canada isn't near the UK or Europe is it? 🤔 😲 😉
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 12:54
    @Great-Big-Stees

Stees, Is there anything more you can tell us about your new boat, stuck at the marina momentarily?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 13:28
    @torunn said
    @Great-Big-Stees

Stees, Is there anything more you can tell us about your new boat, stuck at the marina momentarily?
    I concur he stuck that in there and left us all hanging!

-VR
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 13:30
    @great-big-stees said
    Can you stick Canada into your, "countries with reciprocal agreements"? Oh hang on, Canada isn't near the UK or Europe is it? 🤔 😲 😉
    There's 11 countries, but Canada isn't one of them. So we're stuck with Europe, the UK and NZ.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 13:59
    @kewpie said
    The chosen countries make a huge difference too. If you want to visit the US the cover is hugely ...[text shortened]... ns from here on. I guess we'll have to stick to countries with reciprocal agreement such as the UK.
    It is obvioulsy not fair to be stuck in that type of situation after working all your life!

-VR
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:51
    @very-rusty said
    It is obvioulsy not fair to be stuck in that type of situation after working all your life!

-VR
    Well I, for one, didn't stick my foot into the world of work till I was about 7 or 8 (with a paper route) and left it (the non paying variety) officially @ 67 and as I am still alive and was for first 7 or 8 years of my life, didn't work "all my life". 🤔 😉
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:56
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    It's not a problem, we go to places we really want to go. It's just a factor when choosing which of those places, there aren't enough years left to see everything. Greedy travel insurers can stick their policies!
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 12:01
    @kewpie said
    It's not a problem, we go to places we really want to go. It's just a factor when choosing which of those places, there aren't enough years left to see everything. Greedy travel insurers can stick their policies!
    Have you ever told them where they can stick their prices?
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 13:40
    @Great-Big-Stees
    I stick to my question: what can you tell us about your new boat?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree