Slower & Slower

Slower & Slower

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lt.

Los Angeles

Moves
26 Oct 12

It can't be my machine. All my other programs are up to speed except RHP which takes forever to accept moves etc. Anyone else have this problem?

rc

Moves
26 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by taipei5200
It can't be my machine. All my other programs are up to speed except RHP which takes forever to accept moves etc. Anyone else have this problem?
yeah, sometimes its like treacle, other times its fine, it might be maintenance or
volume load sucking up all the bandwidth, hard to say. For example this reply almost
timed out, in excess of twenty seconds to load.

Australia

Moves
26 Oct 12

I reported this months ago, nothing's changed. I assumed it was a lack of server capacity. I don't get it with other sites, only this one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Oct 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
I reported this months ago, nothing's changed. I assumed it was a lack of server capacity. I don't get it with other sites, only this one.
I see that too. But is it Russ' fault? Wouldn't that be the fault of his IP?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yeah, sometimes its like treacle, other times its fine, it might be maintenance or
volume load sucking up all the bandwidth, hard to say. For example this reply almost
timed out, in excess of twenty seconds to load.
System overload is probably being caused by an excessive volume of posts and threads by certain RHP Members, especially cheap non-subs out for a free ride.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
26 Oct 12

it's british...

*shrug

rc

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by rookie54
it's british...

*shrug
the servers are in America, and its almost intolerably slow, its like having dial-up,
remember dial-up, it used to be called www. the world wide wait.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
28 Oct 12

It takes the RHP site 30-40 minutes to update the forums and my moves, and at my end in, poor Thailand, I have 10Meg/sec service.

Russ is taking the money and running, or his major interests are elsewhere.

I've complained and sent feedback on numerous occasions about this also, to no avail.

The RHP server system is outdated. and approching defunct!

-m.

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by mikelom
It takes the RHP site 30-40 minutes to update the forums and my moves, and at my end in, poor Thailand, I have 10Meg/sec service.

Russ is taking the money and running, or his major interests are elsewhere.

I've complained and sent feedback on numerous occasions about this also, to no avail.

The RHP server system is outdated. and approching defunct!

-m.
I have no problem at all. Th site loads fast and refreshes without hiccups.

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
You mean they didn't listen to you? :'(

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
28 Oct 12
1 edit

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
28 Oct 12

There are a few of us here that complain of this as regular as clockwork...Russ even came on here and said the site 'needed a tune up', that was maybe 5-6mths ago..
Sometimes it takes TEN minutes for me to post here, I timed it only recently and reported it in another thread. Making moves always appear 'less affected' than posting but of late it's taking a couple of minutes to even do that
Here are a couple of recent 'site slow' threads, the latter is not yet 'closed', I think..

Thread 144548

Thread 148821

Moves
28 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
There are a few of us here that complain of this as regular as clockwork...Russ even came on here and said the site 'needed a tune up', that was maybe 5-6mths ago..
Sometimes it takes TEN minutes for me to post here, I timed it only recently and reported it in another thread. Making moves always appear 'less affected' than posting but of late it's takin t yet 'closed', I think..

Thread 144548

Thread 148821
Ten minutes? Are you stupid? If it stalls, close window and start again... are you allowed to vote next month? Seems like there should be some sort of intelligence test to be pass for that right.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
28 Oct 12

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
29 Oct 12

Originally posted by Trev33
Ten minutes? Are you stupid? If it stalls, close window and start again... are you allowed to vote next month? Seems like there should be some sort of intelligence test to be pass for that right.
Done it all thanks, but you have to spoil your offering(s) by 'attaching' insults....
I find this 'flaming' technique of yours quite boring to be frank, you should know that as you've tried it before...