Peace In the General Forum

Peace In the General Forum

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
11 Aug 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You would have failed the preliminary IQ test.
I don’t choose my friends based on intellect, I choose them based on values and character.

Moves
11 Aug 22

@divegeester said
I don’t choose my friends based on intellect, I choose them based on values and character.
I like friends who recognise humour.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Me too.

Hey, we have something in common!

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Aug 22

@gertrude said
@Ponderable
how?
If there is no conflict between people and those "who just stir the pot" refrain from doing so.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You did not recognize the humour of the pseudonyms I used for you, myself, Indonesia Phil and Bill on that radio programme I make [and I still use them when necessary to this day] and you proceeded to use a local government e-mail address to trick the radio station so that you could take the creepiest revenge you could think of. You were a good friend up till that point, remember? ...and a relatively longstanding one too, but it counted for nothing because you did not "recognize humour".

Moves
11 Aug 22

@gertrude said
I really believe suzi and the ghost chamber are performing an experiment with rusty
he truly is a lab rat
There was certainly something experimental in allowing Rusty access to the Ghost Chamber and nobody really knew how it would pan out. Fully expected somebody to veto his entry, but nobody did.

My own concern was that he might over dominate the forum (as he had the GF in the past) but this didn't happen. He has instead embraced the internal club ladder and shown interest in developing his game. It is odd at times to see him in there, seeing as the club was created to escape his previous exorbitance in the GF, but the world moves on and a club needs to evolve to stay interesting.

Moves
11 Aug 22

@fmf said
You did not recognize the humour of the pseudonyms I used for you, myself, Indonesia Phil and Bill on that radio programme I make [and I still use them when necessary to this day] and you proceeded to use a local government e-mail address to trick the radio station so that you could take the creepiest revenge you could think of. You were a good friend up till that point, remembe ...[text shortened]... relatively longstanding one too, but it counted for nothing because you did not "recognize humour".
Maliciousness is not humour.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It is odd at times to see him in there, seeing as the club was created to escape his previous exorbitance in the GF, but the world moves on and a club needs to evolve to stay interesting.
the club was created to escape his previous exorbitance in the GF

This is how you pitched your club to me - more than once. It's interesting that you have denied this publically in the past.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There was no maliciousness in the humour of the pseudonyms I used for you, myself, Indonesia Phil and Bill. The only maliciousness was yours - and yours only. However, the radio quickly realized t.hat you were simply trying to sabotage their programmes because you felt bent out of shape on an internet message board.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There was certainly something experimental in allowing Rusty access to the Ghost Chamber and nobody really knew how it would pan out. Fully expected somebody to veto his entry, but nobody did.

My own concern was that he might over dominate the forum (as he had the GF in the past) but this didn't happen. He has instead embraced the internal club ladder and shown in ...[text shortened]... evious exorbitance in the GF, but the world moves on and a club needs to evolve to stay interesting.
I wonder if he was initially approached by someone to get him to join.

Moves
11 Aug 22

@fmf said
the club was created to escape his previous exorbitance in the GF

This is how you pitched your club to me - more than once. It's interesting that you have denied this publically in the past.
No, I haven't.

I have denied the club was anti-Rusty. - It was created as a Rusty-free zone. That is not the same thing.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Phil Boast's name was changed to Bill Foast so we could squeeze two stories into the show. I did the same with your name and stories. Where is the "maliciousness" in that?

Moves
11 Aug 22

@fmf said
There was no maliciousness in the humour of the pseudonyms I used for you, myself, Indonesia Phil and Bill. The only maliciousness was yours - and yours only. However, the radio quickly realized t.hat you were simply trying to sabotage their programmes because you felt bent out of shape on an internet message board.
I fear you have actually begun to believe that false narrative.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No, I haven't.

I have denied the club was anti-Rusty. - It was created as a Rusty-free zone. That is not the same thing.
You pitched it to me, repeatedly, as a move against Very Rusty and against the General Forum - let's leave it to him to do his thing and all the best posters will be in your club - or words to that effect. I wasn't interested. And I told you why. Next things I knew, my radio programme had been taken off the air after the radio station received an e-mail that appeared to be from the local government you work for.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I fear you have actually begun to believe that false narrative.
It isn't false.