Notable death

Notable death

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
127d

@drewnogal said
Very sad and a shock to so many as it sounds like a sudden death. His last words spoken on air 2 days ago were played on Radio 4 tonight.
I spent most of the 80’s listening to “Steve Wright in the afternoon”. The show was so different to the usual smashie and nicey rubbish. The phone-ins with Mr Angry from Purely were my favourite.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
126d

William Post, one of the inventors of an iconic breakfast staple that’s become an anytime snack with $1 billion in U.S. annual sales, has died.

He was 96.

Post, known to friends as “Bill,” helped create the Pop-Tart, an idea he said most people couldn’t get their heads around at the time.

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
125d

Nevalni has died in a Russian prison.

Moves
124d

@happy-chappy said
Purported.🤔

Gothenburg

Moves
124d

@great-big-stees said
Purported.🤔
Why did he go back to Russia?

Moves
124d

@torunn said
Why did he go back to Russia?
To stay a thorn in Putin’s side?🤔

Gothenburg

Moves
124d

@great-big-stees said
To stay a thorn in Putin’s side?🤔
I don't understand these people who visit or go back to countries where they know they are in danger. They may not be safe abroad either but I don't understand their thinking.

Feline Australian

Australia

Moves
124d

@torunn said
I don't understand these people who visit or go back to countries where they know they are in danger. They may not be safe abroad either but I don't understand their thinking.
Not everyone is risk-averse. Otherwise there would be no racecar drivers, soldiers, or skydivers. In Navalny's case he may have accepted the task of dying for his country, just as so many Ukrainian men are doing.

Gothenburg

Moves
124d

@kewpie said
Not everyone is risk-averse. Otherwise there would be no racecar drivers, soldiers, or skydivers. In Navalny's case he may have accepted the task of dying for his country, just as so many Ukrainian men are doing.
"Alexei Anatolyevich Navalny was a Russian opposition leader, lawyer, anti-corruption activist and a political prisoner. He organised anti-government demonstrations and ran for office to advocate reforms against corruption in Russia, and against President Vladimir Putin and his government. Navalny was a Russian Opposition Coordination Council member. He was the leader of the Russia of the Future party and founder of the Anti-Corruption Foundation. He was recognized by Amnesty International as a prisoner of conscience, and was awarded the Sakharov Prize for his work on human rights." I still don't understand why he chose to stay i Russia.

Moves
124d

@torunn said
"Alexei Anatolyevich Navalny was a Russian opposition leader, lawyer, anti-corruption activist and a political prisoner. He organised anti-government demonstrations and ran for office to advocate reforms against corruption in Russia, and against President Vladimir Putin and his government. Navalny was a Russian Opposition Coordination Council member. He was the leader of the R ...[text shortened]... kharov Prize for his work on human rights." I still don't understand why he chose to stay i Russia.
He didn't just choose to stay there, he 'returned' there, despite facing certain arrest and imprisonment.

Brave chap.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
124d

I am sure he didn't die of natural causes. That will be the claim.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
124d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He didn't just choose to stay there, he 'returned' there, despite facing certain arrest and imprisonment.

Brave chap.
Indeed, he was needed too.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
124d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Brave chap.
Some may have a different view point. What does he accomplish by what he did?

-VR

Moves
124d

@very-rusty said
Some may have a different view point. What does he accomplish by what he did?

-VR
Inspired others?🤔👍

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
124d
1 edit

@happy-chappy said
Nevalni has been murdered in a Russian prison.

fixed.