Inappropriate Celebrations

Inappropriate Celebrations

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
06 Nov 12
5 edits

I don't know about you folks, but I remember a day when most people were very sportsman-like. When a football player scored a touchdown, he would toss the ball back to the ref, or toss it on the ground, or maybe even spike it. That's it. Maybe a pat on the back from a teammate or two. But nowadays? With every single play that is the least bit above average, the football player has to do some kind of crazy dance, or taunt of the opponent after the play. I can't stand this trend in football, though it's prevalent in other sports, but just to a lesser degree.

It gets under my skin when a football team is 30 points down, and then one of their defensive players sacks the QB, and he does some crazy dance, taunting the opponents. To me, if your team is down, there is NO cause for celebration, period.

If I were a head coach in the NFL, I would instruct my players to never celebrate, EVER. Have the whole team participate in the mindset. Every score, every good play, every sack, just turn back and walk to where you belong and don't even hint at a celebration. I think if a team embraced that attitude, they would be better for it and the fans would appreciate it too.

The Eagles were down 21-3 tonight, and getting absolutely demolished in every phase of the game. And late in the 3rd quarter, they managed to score a TD and the way they celebrated only being 13 points down, you'd think they just won the superbowl. That's what prompted this.

Remember when Mike Tyson entered the ring for those first several fights? He showed up with regular shorts, drooping, sagged black socks and boots, and wearing nothing else but a grimace on his face. Eye of the tiger. Then he would knock the other guy's head off in the first round, and just turn around and walk back to the corner, like it was all in a day's work. That's the attitude I'm talkin' about. I think it would be beneficial to see something like that in the NFL.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by sumydid
I don't know about you folks, but I remember a day when most people were very sportsman-like. When a football player scored a touchdown, he would toss the ball back to the ref, or toss it on the ground, or maybe even spike it. That's it. Maybe a pat on the back from a teammate or two. But nowadays? With every single play that is the least bit above aver ...[text shortened]... alkin' about. I think it would be beneficial to see something like that in the NFL.
Agreed... Act like you've been there before. I think now tossing the ball to a ref would be the most painful celebration for the other team to behold.

"Crap! Scored a TD and he doesn't even care! Is he the terminator robot!?"

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Agreed... Act like you've been there before. I think now tossing the ball to a ref would be the most painful celebration for the other team to behold.

"Crap! Scored a TD and he doesn't even care! Is he the terminator robot!?"
Ha! Indeed. I think it would actually intimidate the opponents to behave so maturely like that.

Man, if only....

Is that you in that avatar?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
06 Nov 12

No. She is much sexier than that, actually.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
07 Nov 12

yeah, that's her...
but she's got a few, ahem, parts, you may not be impressed with...

Moves
07 Nov 12

An inappropriate celebration now would be Romney winning the elections.

Moves
07 Nov 12

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Nov 12

I can think of some inappropriate celebrations, but I've been censored by fascist mods on this site before, so to be honest, I don't think I dare share, to be honest.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
07 Nov 12

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I can think of some inappropriate celebrations, but I've been censored by fascist mods on this site before, so to be honest, I don't think I dare share, to be honest.
oh, please, please, please dare,
dare, dare, dare to share...
for if you decide not to share,
i'll have to insist that you grow a pair...

ml

out on bail

Moves
07 Nov 12

I don't know about you folks, but I remember a day when most people were very sportsman-like. When a football player scored a touchdown, he would toss the ball back to the ref, or toss it on the ground, or maybe even spike it. That's it. Maybe a pat on the back from a teammate or two. But nowadays? With every single play that is the least bit above aver ...[text shortened]... alkin' about. I think it would be beneficial to see something like that in the NFL.
100% agree! If only UK football teams would adopt this practice. Why players risk permanent knee damage by racing toward their supporters, then crashing on to both knees to slide 10 yards is quite ridiculous. If I did that every time I scored, I'd be in a wheelchair now!

(Mario Balotelli, Manchester City player, hardly celebrates at all when he finds the net).

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
08 Nov 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Seriously?

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by michael liddle
100% agree! If only UK football teams would adopt this practice. Why players risk permanent knee damage by racing toward their supporters, then crashing on to both knees to slide 10 yards is quite ridiculous. If I did that every time I scored, I'd be in a wheelchair now!

(Mario Balotelli, Manchester City player, hardly celebrates at all when he finds the net).
LOL!!!

I'm reminded of the NBA players who injure themselves trying to dunk the ball in spectacular fashion.

Moves
08 Nov 12

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
08 Nov 12

Have a quick look round because you've forgotten where you are then a cuddle with a team mate.

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
Have a quick look round because you've forgotten where you are then a cuddle with a team mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAOUgmRXsc
I like Cantona better as an actor, or was that Vinnie Jones?