How good are you at your job?

How good are you at your job?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 Jun 22

@divegeester said
I found training interesting for a while, but once the curriculum was set up I hankered after the commercial element again. I set up an regional [EMA] assessment framework and levered myself into a diagnostic an improvement role which provided lots of travel for several years, eventually leading to consultancy. Covid killed it though so I’m working my way back.
Yes, I too enjoyed the travel aspect of training. I covered an area from Stockholm to Vienna to Belfast to Athens. COVID killed it. I tried three remote training sessions, but detested them. Like talking into a radio microphone, not enough feedback. I need to know if people are nodding off.

DT

Moves
30 Jun 22

@moonbus

Wouldn't the authorities be able to find out that the hacked phone was actually hacked and the contents put there by someone other than the owner of the phone?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jun 22

@donald-trump said
@moonbus

Wouldn't the authorities be able to find out that the hacked phone was actually hacked and the contents put there by someone other than the owner of the phone?
Hey, Contenchess, stop with the new accounts, already.

DT

Moves
30 Jun 22

@suzianne said
Hey, Contenchess, stop with the new accounts, already.
Still mad I fired you?

Just business baby.

Moves
30 Jun 22

@FMF

If my job as a putative artist who is no longer a wage-slave were (for example) to help steer this planet full of crazy monkey people onto a better course, then I must admit that not only have I been slacking, but also that I am a scatter-minded slob who wouldn't even know where to begin.

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Jun 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Interesting.

So how is it the FBI can’t hack terrorists phones?

WhatsApp messages I mean.
They get MOSAD to do it for them.

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Jun 22
2 edits

@donald-trump said
@moonbus

Of course, but if the authorities want to get rid of a political opponent and it was the authorities who hacked the phone in the first place to plant false evidence on him, why would they make it easy for him to defend himself in court (assuming he is even given his day in court and not simply summarily sent to a gulag)?

PS Welcome back. Who did you used to be here?

Moves
30 Jun 22

@divegeester said
Aww hello little fella, you coming out today then?
I don't know whether to be flattered that your response imitates my own; or to feel sorry for you... and your lack of imagination.

Your not the sharpest tool in the tool-shed, but you're definitely a tool.

And that's something.

Moves
30 Jun 22

@moonbus said
(IP subnetting is arithmetically simple, but the rationale behind it is convoluted. If anyone needs a primer, PM me; I can still do it.)
You're several decades too late. We don't do ABCD-categories any more.

Moves
30 Jun 22

@moonbus said
BTW, I taught the Bundeskriminalpolizei, that's the German equivalent of the FBI, how to monitor wireless/mobile phone communications. It's childishly easy to find out who communicates with whom, whether it's phoning or Instagramming or WhatsApe-ing or whatever, and with a bit more time and horsepower to decrypt content. So, if anyone out there is toying with the idea ...[text shortened]... justices, know that the authorities may not find out in time to prevent it, but they will find you.
That may or may not stop anyone. More than one group in German history has been willing to lay down their lives to fight a tyranny.

Moves
30 Jun 22

@rookie54 said
elon's starlink satellite system operates on the same frequency modulation wavelength as the human neural synapse system and can read all our thoughts

this is not a theory, i have tested it and it works

everybody reading this will now take off their pants
Joke's on you, I don't wear them around the house anyway unless I have to.

(I'm in Europe. It's allowed.)

Moves
30 Jun 22

@moonbus said
It is. But only in transit, not on the sending or receiving device (otherwise you couldn't read what you send or receive). Pegasus sweeps up data on the device before a message is transmitted and therefore not yet encrypted.

If security agencies get physical control over a device, it can be hacked, even if it is encrypted and password locked. Apple, for example, has a fun ...[text shortened]... un ten passwords by it until it blanks, then try the next HD clone. Repeat until the crack succeeds.
Well, yes. If you've got root, you're in. If you've got the physical device and a reasonable idea of what the key might be, you're in. But...

The NSA (No Such Agency) has Cray supercomputers; they can crack any encryption algorithm. It's just matter of time (hours or days at most).

...er, no. Given a good key, today's encryption algorithms provably cannot be cracked in less than the lifetime of the universe. Mathematically provably. (Today's algorithms. Not talking about backdoored DES, here.) And of course a one-time pad cannot be cracked, ever.

Moves
30 Jun 22

@moonbus said
Ha! Nice try, rookie, but ya can't fool me. My pants are still on, because I had my tin foil (not aluminium foil!) hat on!
Ah. A follower of Lyle Zapato, I see.

Moves
30 Jun 22

@moonbus said
They get MOSAD to do it for them.
They barely have to. Zuck is on Mossad's paylist anyway.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jun 22

@woofwoof said
I don't know whether to be flattered that your response imitates my own; or to feel sorry for you... and your lack of imagination.

Your not the sharpest tool in the tool-shed, but you're definitely a tool.

And that's something.
See you next week; bring some more floaters so you can bounce off of their banter.