Grampa Bobby

Grampa Bobby

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
19 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm not sure whether to say 'grow up' or 'wake up'.

You started this thread so you must have a reason for doing so; is it because you think there is a GF illuminati?
The first goal was to get as many thumbs down as I could. So far, I've accomplished this task with a new record of 14 thus far. Thanks everyone.

Secondly, I think I've pretty much stated why I have started this thread. In short, I despise censorship. No doubt, in the minds of some we have all deserved it from time to time.

On a more philsophical note, "He that has never deserved censorship in the minds of others, cast the first Grampa Bobby." πŸ˜›

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
19 Aug 12

Thought I'd add one (thumb) to your collection.
I've been waiting for all the posters who disappeared during the GB/VR era to return, but perhaps they don't even read the general forum any more. Only the tough guys stayed through it all.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
19 Aug 12

Originally posted by Phlabibit
If you believe this forum has no value you're not going to make the correlation. Oh, and what makes GB's enjoyment of this forum more important than anyone else's?

Anyway, you've made yourself a fine attack muffin for GB, pass your info on to him so he can cut and paste you a random platitude or quote as your well deserved reward.
http://tinyurl.com/BOBWISE

Read a book!

Moves
19 Aug 12

Originally posted by whodey
The first goal was to get as many thumbs down as I could. So far, I've accomplished this task with a new record of 14 thus far. Thanks everyone.

Secondly, I think I've pretty much stated why I have started this thread. In short, I despise censorship. No doubt, in the minds of some we have all deserved it from time to time.

On a more philsophical not ...[text shortened]... hat has never deserved censorship in the minds of others, cast the first Grampa Bobby." πŸ˜›
Bobby was not censored, banned or restricted in any way by other GF posters.

Forum moderators lifted his posting privileges temporarily because of chronic spamming.

It's traffic control, not censorship. It's a necessary part of doing business.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Aug 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
I've been waiting for all the posters who disappeared during the GB/VR era to return, but perhaps they don't even read the general forum any more. Only the tough guys stayed through it all.
The folks who no longer post here frequently if at all probably would replace "tough guys" with "idiots". I doubt any of them will pop in and contradict my statement.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
19 Aug 12

The folks who no longer post here frequently if at all probably would replace "tough guys" with "idiots". I doubt any of them will pop in and contradict my statement.
idiot...

m

Moves
19 Aug 12
1 edit

On a more philsophical not hat has never deserved censorship in the minds of others, cast the first Grampa Bobby." πŸ˜›
I think you might want to reexamine your premise.

This website is a business. Some of us pay to play here and participate in the forums. The owners of this business can run it as they see fit and if you don't agree with how they manage their business you don't have to come to this website.

Like all businesses that accept and encourage conversation, the owners of the business have to manage that conversation to maximize what they consider success to grow their business.

If this was a talk radio show and someone called in every hour every day, eventually that person would no longer be put on the air. If someone wrote 10 letters to the editor every day to the newspaper, eventually the newspaper would stop printing them. Letting one person dominate the conversation is bad for business.

Logically that cannot be called censorship. It is called a business decision.

You may not agree and that is OK. I am not arguing if it is correct or incorrect. But if you disagree with a business decision you can use the Send Feedback function or post your thoughts in Site Ideas. Blaming the other participants in the GF is not logical.

You say, "The first goal was to get as many thumbs down as I could." What is that all about? How does that add to the conversation and add to the enjoyment of everyone here in the GF? Are you sure you still want to stand behind that statement?

I think maybe you are confused about what this website and the GF are all about. Not unlike ... OK I will stop there.

Send over a game if you would like - let's play chess.

m

Moves
19 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Bobby was not censored, banned or restricted in any way by other GF posters.

Forum moderators lifted his posting privileges temporarily because of chronic spamming.

It's traffic control, not censorship. It's a necessary part of doing business.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

exactly - nicely said.

Read a book!

Moves
19 Aug 12

Originally posted by mercurial
exactly - nicely said.
Great minds think alike.

m

Moves
19 Aug 12

yes and fools seldom differ...

Read a book!

Moves
19 Aug 12

How about "tough idiots"?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
19 Aug 12

Originally posted by HandyAndy
How about "tough idiots"?
Heelloooo. πŸ˜€

-m.

t

Moves
19 Aug 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
I didn't leave because of GB or VR... I left because everyone who posts here is a social outcast and I just can't associate with misfits anymore.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Aug 12

On a more philsophical not ...[text shortened]... hat has never deserved censorship in the minds of others, cast the first Grampa Bobby." πŸ˜›
The first goal was to get as many thumbs down as I could.

Really? I doubt that, although I can see why you would say so now.

Secondly, I think I've pretty much stated why I have started this thread. In short, I despise censorship.

Well you've moved from "missing GB" (despite being in PM contact with him), to feigning trying to get as much thumbing down as posible, with a rant about bullying on the way. Now you are citing your dislike of "censorship" as your motivation.

I think when all the flour throwing is over you will probably wish you had just ignored him.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
19 Aug 12

Originally posted by divegeester
[b]The first goal was to get as many thumbs down as I could.

Really? I doubt that, although I can see why you would say so now.

Secondly, I think I've pretty much stated why I have started this thread. In short, I despise censorship.

Well you've moved from "missing GB" (despite being in PM contact with him), to feigning trying to ...[text shortened]... think when all the flour throwing is over you will probably wish you had just ignored him.[/b]
I think with a few eggs involved, we could create a huge omelette or a flan?

Or with some yeast also, just some sour bread... πŸ™

-m.