From Colchester to Sulawesi

From Colchester to Sulawesi

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Mar 21

@relentless-red said
In the light of recent discoveries about alerting you might want to retract that. Interestingly from memory The Warriors was a story of firing shots just to maintain conflict and warfare. A shot from the more chaotic and the seekers of chaos. Bond villains who try to start nuclear wars between different parties already on the brink of war come to mind.
Do you "wish Indonesia Phil well" enough yet to listen to any of the instalments of his audio-autobiography?

F

Moves
31 Mar 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E12
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E13

...featuring From Colchester to Sulawesi Episode 13

The saga reaches its midpoint [at least for this series].

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e13-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-13/

F

Moves
31 Mar 21

@fmf said
Show 513: Music

Sam Moss - Beast
Snowpoet - Facetime
David Gray - Laughing Gas
Stereolab - Barock-Plastic
Paul McCartney - Winter Bird When Winter Comes
Submotion Orchestra - Time Will Wait (Acoustic)
Jeff Buckley - Corpus Christi Carol
Midnight Sister - Song for the Trees
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Hesitating Nation
Lake Street Dive - Sarah

F

Moves
31 Mar 21
1 edit

@fmf said
https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e13-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-13/
Available on Spotify here :

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0eYOaHGPl3CyVo8wgaHqFl?si=iK_zA_EuRH6PZrjGwtu26Q

Apple Podcasts:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/bills-big-bag-of-onions-series-5/id1555320553?i=1000515129552

F

Moves
07 Apr 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E14

Ten stories, ten tunes and ...featuring From Colchester to Sulawesi.

SPOTIFY:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6SnU1LTvAcak9uhw05XkFx?si=BfOpkpAJRImZSfz_8tykcg

F

Moves
07 Apr 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E14
Show 514: Music

Bruce Cockburn - Silver Wheels
Natalie Merchant - Spring and Fall To a Young Child
Califone - Polish Girls
Lake Street Dive - Feels Like the Last Time
Adrian Belew - Burned by the Fire We Make
The Sundays - She
Show Of Hands - Willin'
Becca Stevens - Well Loved
Robert Wyatt - O Caroline
Ricki Lee Jones - My Fathers Gun

Moves
07 Apr 21

Some people here are on standby to red-thumb anything about the radio program. Maybe for them it’s like they are secretly jizzing on someone’s biscuit?

IP

Moves
07 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Some people here are on standby to red-thumb anything about the radio program. Maybe for them it’s like they are secretly jizzing on someone’s biscuit?
It is an extraordinary reaction to a piece of creative work, which I assume that none of its' detractors listen to. A lot of work goes into making the programs, and we do it for the love of doing it. The majority of the show is a series of 100 word micro - fictions, written by an increasingly diverse group of people, and spoken by FMF (whichever way 'round the 'F's go) and a certain lady, both of whom do it well. The last quarter of the show is written by yours truly and she who is most beloved, and is a dramatized account of how we came to live in Sulawesi, and all of the personal dramas that occurred in so doing. It was enormous fun to write, in fact I believe it is true to say that all of us involved in making the show enjoy the making of it, otherwise we wouldn't do it, and the show as a whole is beautifully crafted in terms of the spoken word and accompanying music.
Compare this wholly positive and creative work with the mean - spirited amongst us who have nothing better to do and no better reaction than to press a 'thumb - down' facility, anonymously, of course. There is no compunction to read the thread, if you're not interested, don't read it, but here, for the first time, is my publicly pronounced personal note of thanks to FMF and all involved in making the show, for making the show. It's a good show, and no amount of negative reaction to the thread is going to change that.
Last night I sat at the word - processor and wrote episode 1 of Series II of 'From Colchester to Sulawesi', so the show will go on, and it keeps getting better and better.
I wonder how many red thumbs I'll get for this one, I wait with baited breath....

Moves
07 Apr 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Show 514: Music

Robert Wyatt - O Caroline
OCaroline a Matching Mole track, not Wyatt solo? If he did do a solo take on it, will look forward to hearing it.

Looks an interesting music choice, will give it all a listen later.

Moves
07 Apr 21

F

Moves
08 Apr 21
1 edit

@blood-on-the-tracks said
OCaroline a Matching Mole track, not Wyatt solo?
Well spotted!

F

Moves
08 Apr 21

@indonesia-phil said
Compare this wholly positive and creative work with the mean - spirited amongst us who have nothing better to do and no better reaction than to press a 'thumb - down' facility, anonymously, of course.
The thumbs down come in the wake of Ghost of a Duke starting a thread about the radio programme in his private club. When, in 2018-2020, I occasionally posted links to shows from Series 3 like the Hakima Tapes show, the one on Trains, and another on Tower Blocks, BEFORE Ghost of a Duke was involved, they didn't get any thumbs down.

Moves
08 Apr 21

@fmf said
Do you "wish Indonesia Phil well" enough yet to listen to any of the instalments of his audio-autobiography?
If he did, wouldn't you or your little junkyard dog just disparage that as "well-wishing signalling"?

F

Moves
08 Apr 21
1 edit

@kevin-eleven said
If he did, wouldn't you or your little junkyard dog just disparage that as "well-wishing signalling"?
I think it's great that Relentless Red has publically said he wishes Indonesia Phil well but he has alao, publically, more than once, explained why links to From Colchester to Sulawesi deserve to be thumbed down. There was an interesting exchange a few weeks ago when Relentless Red, even when pressed, refused to say if he'd listened to the Phil's part of the show. Now THAT seemed to be him signalling something to some people.

Moves
08 Apr 21

@fmf said
I think it's great that Relentless Red has publically said he wishes Indonesia Phil well but he has alao, publically, more than once, explained why links to From Colchester to Sulawesi deserve to be thumbed down. There was an interesting exchange a few weeks ago when Relentless Red, even when pressed, refused to say if he'd listened to the Phil's part of the show. Now THAT seemed to be him signalling something to some people.
The more you post, the more I understand the advice from Ram Dass to "Be Here Now." 😉