From Colchester to Sulawesi

From Colchester to Sulawesi

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 May 21

@relentless-red said
Or Mercury could just observe what happens if somebody is daft enough to respond to you and realise why most would chose the anonymity of red thumbs.
Do you think the thumbs down for Indonesia Phil's posts related to the programme are justified as well?

SRB

Moves
21 May 21

@fmf said
Do you think the thumbs down for Indonesia Phil's posts related to the programme are justified as well?
You named me in a post. I usually ignore you now even when you name me, but on this occasion I responded to let Mercury see what would happen next. My one response has generated multiple replies by yourself and Dive. You make false assertions that misrepresent my past posting and then you both ask multiple questions about them. As you work yourselves up into a frenzy in response to this second post, you will become increasingly toxic and Dive will start playground name calling. (5 responses to the one post so far, definite Sealioning.)

People don't want this to the extent that they probably don't like me responding. Understandably people want to express their frustration without attracting the same, so they use the anonymity of the red thumbs.

To answer your specific question here, I noticed that Phil started to attract them when he challenged people wanting to use them on your posts. I also notice the red thumbs have been tailing off recently which seemed to correspond to less Sealioning by yourself. Perhaps you don't like interest tailing off and so you name me although I am not convinced that all publicity is good publicity.

I doubt that you will believe me, but the thumbs are not from me and I am neither encouraging them or justifying them. I am just explaining them because Mercury asked and you named me in your response.

If you want more just read my posts in the thread 'Thumbs' in the Site Ideas Forum. Hopefully I will be successfully ignoring you from here. Please don't keep naming me in posts.

F

Moves
21 May 21

@relentless-red said
You named me in a post.
Yes, I did. It's because you have been the most vocal person justifying explicitly the constant thumbing down of the radio programme.

F

Moves
21 May 21

@relentless-red said
To answer your specific question here, I noticed that Phil started to attract them when he challenged people wanting to use them on your posts.
Do you feel it is justified?

F

Moves
21 May 21

@relentless-red said
My one response has generated multiple replies by yourself and Dive.
My one response has generated multiple replies by [you]..."

I sometimes split my responses into bit-sized points because you have a track record of ignoring responses to, and rebuttals of, claims you make.

F

Moves
21 May 21

@relentless-red said
I doubt that you will believe me, but the thumbs are not from me and I am neither encouraging them or justifying them.
Are you now claiming that you have NOT posted in the past to say you thought the thumbing down of posts about the radio programme was justified? If you have changed your mind, just say so.

F

Moves
21 May 21

@relentless-red said
Please don't keep naming me in posts.
But you have been at the forefront of trashing the radio programme.

Moves
21 May 21
1 edit

@relentless-red said
My one response has generated multiple replies by yourself and Dive.
The only reason I made 2 replies was because I like to dissect your posts and pull out the weeds.

If you object to your pretentious protestations being challenged then I politely suggest you don’t enter into discourse in those thread topics, and you especially not mention those posters whom you object to challenging you. It’s not complicated.

I think your problem is just as you once described elsewhere on this site ~ you think way too highly of your own thoughts and feel the overwhelming need to express them at every opportunity.

F

Moves
26 May 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E20
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E21

Another 10 oniony microfictions. Ten more undeservedly unfamiliar songs. And, of course, there's episode 21 of From Colchester to Sulawesi, too.

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0ulZgqe1wcgmRjwjgNbrBd?si=vru0A6C_QFS8kFAfO6HSQA

Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e21-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-21/

F

Moves
26 May 21

@fmf said
Show 521: Music

Peggy Sue - Validate Me
Mark Kozelek - Around And Around
Orpine - Two Rivers
Passenger - Swimming Upstream
Patty Larkin - Magdelene On Romance
Nick Harper - Nothing But Love
Hayley Williams - KYRH
Non Canon - Sharpie
Sarah Jarosz - Across The Canyon (Reprise)
Joanna Connor - Trouble Trouble

F

Moves
04 Jun 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E22

Another ten one hundred-word microfictions interspersed with ten more unfamiliar songs. And there is episode 22 [of 26] of Indonesia Phil's "From Colchester to Sulawesi", too.

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/7AO9YE74MMHb74jwffPBwq?si=0U6N6jH8TyWoGCHUoiVrqg

Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e22-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-22/

F

Moves
04 Jun 21

@fmf said
Show 522: Music

Ariel Sharratt - Rise up Alexa
Adrianne Lenker - Zombie Girl
Ayo - Afro Blue
Agnes Obel - Drosera
Aaron Pollock - Girl, You Make Me Feel So Lonesome
Absynthe Minded - Mixing The Medicine
Ajeet - Dance of the Moon
Aerialists - The Rope Is the World
Abbey Glover - Blame It on Me
Captain Planet - Fly Where You Want

F

Moves
05 Jun 21

@fmf said
Ariel
Adrianne
Ayo
Agnes
Aaron
Absynthe
Ajeet
Aerialists
Abbey
Ah ha! I see what I did there.

F

Moves
10 Jun 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E23

Another slew of Onion microfictions grown side by side with eleven tasty songs. And we also present episode 23 [of 26] of Indonesia Phil's "From Colchester to Sulawesi".

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/3oYgaaxuK81OFGVmy1QLgE?si=X924qD0VRgafnfHygBL_eg&dl_branch=1

Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e23-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-23/

F

Moves
10 Jun 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E23
Show 523: Music

Chrissie Hynde - In the Summertime
Fleet Foxes - Thymia
Annabelle Chvostek - Come Back
Andrew Judah - Laughter
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - CYHSY, 2005
Sarah Jarosz - Mama