From Colchester to Sulawesi

From Colchester to Sulawesi

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Jun 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E23
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E24

More Onion microfictions sprouting amongst eleven gorgeous bits of music. And we also have episode 24 [of 26] of Indonesia Phil's "From Colchester to Sulawesi".

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/667sUFSF73KOchvaMsLwzv?si=CXBOh6ZhTzi04QZhWzbGeQ&dl_branch=1

Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e24-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-24/

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Jun 21

1 minute in and no red thumbs.

Suzianne is online too, so that’s pretty good going FMF

F

Moves
16 Jun 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E24
Show 524: Music

Yawning Sons - Digital Spirit
Sylvan Esso - Farmhouse
Sault - Uncomfortable
Hayley Sabella - SorrowJoy
Honey Cellar - On the Vine
Lucinda Chua - Torch Song
Jaguar Sun - This Empty Town
Sarah Jarosz - Blue Heron
Sara Watkins - Tumbling Tumbleweeds
Old Sea Brigade - Still

F

Moves
16 Jun 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Suzianne is online too, so that’s pretty good going FMF
If Suzianne was making a weekly radio programme with the help of fellow RHP posters, I would listen to it. The same goes for Relentless Red who, we still don't know, may well be listening to the programme every week.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Jun 21
1 edit

FMF, the situation you are now in is a difficult one….Or is it?

Let’s work this through with some logic:
- a person has thumbed down every post in this thread
- or multiple people have thumbed down one, or more posts each
- but YOU don't know who it is, and you don’t know why they have thumbed you down
- so in thumbing down without explanation, secretly, anonymously…they are actually disempowering you, neutering you, emasculating you.
- however they might actually like you (unlikely I know) and just hate the radio program
- there is evidence of this as Indonesia Phil, aka Captain Nice Person, has also started receiving multiple red thumbs in a sort of hate-by-association campaign
- Anyway the bottom line is that someone here is more powerful, more courageous and more intelligent than you are, because THEY have figured all this out, and YOU haven’t.

On the other hand it could be online hate in one hand and hand down vinegar-strokes pants in the other.

IP

Moves
16 Jun 21

@divegeester said

- but YOU don't know who it is, and you don’t know why they have thumbed you down
- so in thumbing down without explanation, secretly, anonymous ...[text shortened]... the other hand it could be online hate in one hand and hand down vinegar-strokes pants in the other.
I didn't know I was aka that! Although I confess that I once called someone a rude name. It's a cracking show anyway.

F

Moves
16 Jun 21
1 edit

Maybe anonymous thumbing down is the guise under which a form of Stalinism is going to beset us?

Others ~ and it's Suzianne I have in mind ~ would argue, perhaps, that thumbs down NOT being anonymous would herald the onset of Stalinism.

F

Moves
16 Jun 21

@indonesia-phil said
I didn't know I was aka that! Although I confess that I once called someone a rude name. It's a cracking show anyway.
Show 524 has a lot of mellow and ethereal music too.

Moves
16 Jun 21

@fmf said
If Suzianne was making a weekly radio programme with the help of fellow RHP posters, I would listen to it. The same goes for Relentless Red who, we still don't know, may well be listening to the programme every week.
Do they identify with their RHP usernames or is it anonymous?

F

Moves
16 Jun 21
1 edit

@very-musty said
Do they identify with their RHP usernames or is it anonymous?
If what you are asking me to do is to tell you the real names of the RHP posters who contribute to MY programme, I am not going to do so.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Jun 21

@indonesia-phil said
Three red thumbs haha how disempowered do you feel?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jun 21

@divegeester said
Three red thumbs haha how disempowered do you feel?
Since you're so concerned about red thumbs you have 2 and counting! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jun 21
2 edits

@divegeester said

- so in thumbing down without explanation, secretly, anonymous ...[text shortened]... the other hand it could be online hate in one hand and hand down vinegar-strokes pants in the other.
4 red thumbs in this one if your interested. πŸ˜‰

Added 1 more to make 5, just make you happy!

I give you the WHY, but a Moderator would remove it! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Moves
16 Jun 21

@fmf said
If what you are asking me to do is to tell you the real names of the RHP posters who contribute to MY programme, I am not going to do so.
No...

I asked if they identify as their RHP usernames or remain anonymous.

How you turned that into me wanting to know their real names is confusing but I'm sure you're the type to have a false sense of grandeur and I'm sure you put some of your guests on pedestals so they too can have a false sense of grandeur which is common among unskilled writers and "artists" πŸ™„

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jun 21

@very-musty said
No...

I asked if they identify as their RHP usernames or remain anonymous.

How you turned that into me wanting to know their real names is confusing but I'm sure you're the type to have a false sense of grandeur and I'm sure you put some of your guests on pedestals so they too can have a false sense of grandeur which is common among unskilled writers and "artists" πŸ™„
He is very good at twisting words, an expert actually! πŸ™‚

-VR