Flat Earth

Flat Earth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
The debate on this topic already happened on the thread I gave the link to. People can see how you and your arguments fared there.
Ah.
And (if your analysis is correct
at it literally never is
), I lost that debate miserably.
NOW I see why you're so intent to point people that way.

Unfortunately for you, the only thing that was exposed was a complete failure on the part of the six people decrying a flat earth in their ability to defend their belief in a globe.

Take another swing, won't you?
They're nearly free...

F

Moves
28 Feb 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
[b]Unfortunately for you, the only thing that was exposed was a complete failure on the part of the six people decrying a flat earth in their ability to defend their belief in a globe./b]
People can go and read that thread and decide for themselves.

F

Moves
28 Feb 16

Suggesting people go and read what you yourself posted on a thread devoted to this topic can hardy be described as taking a "swing". 😕

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Suggesting people go and read what you yourself posted on a thread devoted to this topic can hardy be described as taking a "swing". 😕
😴

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Feb 16

😴
ORION

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Feb 16

There are other nutters.
http://whotfetw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=378

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Feb 16

Answer first this: how did anyone know when they reached the South Pole?
I asked first. Over to you.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I asked first. Over to you.
Your 'asking' is based on a claim, i.e., that somehow it was determined that a point on the planet had been reached.
The question to you--- to the claim--- is how was it determined with any certainty that such a place was actually attained?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Mar 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
ORION
I see you are still avoiding the topic.
Guess it is harder than you thought to prove your beliefs, huh.

Moves
03 Mar 16
1 edit

To be fair sir, it is hard to get motivated to provide evidence for the blindingly obvious.

Ask me to prove global warming and i'm as alert as a kitten. Ask me to prove cats like to eat fish and i'm going back to bed.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Mar 16

ORION
There is no other belief that explains constellations upside down in southern hemisphere.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 Mar 16

Your 'asking' is based on a claim, i.e., that somehow it was determined that a point on the planet had been reached.
The question to you--- to the claim--- is how was it determined with any certainty that such a place was actually attained?
GPS.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Mar 16

Ah.
And (if your analysis is correct[hidden]at it literally never is[/hidden]), I lost that debate miserably.
NOW I see why you're so intent to point people that way.

Unfortunately for you, the only thing that was exposed was a complete failure on the part of the six people decrying a flat earth in their ability to defend their belief in a globe.

They're nearly free...
And here I thought that that thread was really all about you just "taking the piss" out of them.

Was I wrong?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
And here I thought that that thread was really all about you just "taking the piss" out of them.

Was I wrong?
Certainly, that element does exist.

That being said, how is it that something so 'blindingly obvious,' something so demonstrably true... can also be so impossible to prove or demonstrate objectively?

We've all accepted a globe earth since before any of us were born, but on what basis?
The basis used (once challenged) melts away revealing a ruler without the benefit of any clothing.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
ORION
There is no other belief that explains constellations upside down in southern hemisphere.
None, eh?

You've been boning up lately?