Flat Earth

Flat Earth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Feb 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I won't debate you: you're ill-equipped to defend your belief and you certainly are unable to refute or respond to anything I am prepared to present.

The only challenge I will put forth is that which I've already put forth: do your own research.
On a scale from one to grampy bobby, you're a nine.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Feb 16

Originally posted by Kegge
On a scale from one to grampy bobby, you're a nine.
You're like a self-fulfilling prophecy, you know?

As I've said from the very beginning, those who:

1. cannot defend their belief;
2. do not understand the concepts involved;
3. have not researched the topics

Resort to attacking the person.

Keep it coming, son.

Moves
25 Feb 16

Keep it coming, son.
The ancient Greeks ascertained that the Earth was round just by looking at distant ships on the horizon and noticing their hulls started to disappear before their masts,

I'm not saying you're unintelligent sir, as you have clearly demonstrated intelligence in presenting something ridiculous in an articulate and seemingly reasoned manner. I'm pretty sure you could just as intellectually argue that the Earth is in fact a banana.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Feb 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The ancient Greeks ascertained that the Earth was round just by looking at distant ships on the horizon and noticing their hulls started to disappear before their masts,

I'm not saying you're unintelligent sir, as you have clearly demonstrated intelligence in presenting something ridiculous in an articulate and seemingly reasoned manner. I'm pretty sure you could just as intellectually argue that the Earth is in fact a banana.
Let me peel this back for you and see if we can't let truth peal through.

Those ships that "disappear" over the "horizon?"
Once the human eye gets to the extreme of its limits, anything on a flat surface seems to disappear.
Aided by technological advances, that item which the eye conceived as dipping below the horizon reappears in totality--- well beyond what the curvature of the earth would otherwise allow.

Experiments such as this have been conducted repeatedly and without fail.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Feb 16

Rubbish.
What "experiment".

Just one question for you.
Why is Orion upside down viewed from New Zealand?

Moves
26 Feb 16
1 edit

Keep it coming, son.
You're an idiot, go away.

Edit: Interesting: You feel personally attacked when being compared to the lard. I wonder how he feels about that.

F

Moves
26 Feb 16
1 edit

Besides attacking the person, how are you able to defend your belief against the perspective of the earth as a flat plane?
It's interesting that you, of all people, should be complaining about ad hominems being dished out in the course of debating beliefs on this issue. See here Thread 165913. 😛

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Feb 16

No one has crossed the Antarctic.
There is no "South Pole."
I see. So where does the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station reside on a flat earth? Also, how do you account for the countless people who have been to the South Pole and for the people who have crossed the Antarctic?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Feb 16

Let me peel this back for you and see if we can't let truth peal through.

Those ships that "disappear" over the "horizon?"
Once the human eye gets to the extreme of its limits, anything on a flat surface seems to disappear.
Aided by technological advances, that item which the eye conceived as dipping below the horizon reappears in totality--- well bey ...[text shortened]... ld otherwise allow.

Funny how it works with automatic cameras on telescopic lenses also.

So how far is the sun? And why does Orion look upside down in New Zealand? You haven't answered those two questions.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Feb 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Rubbish.
What "experiment".

Just one question for you.
Why is Orion upside down viewed from New Zealand?
"What experiment?"

That's an absolutely novel rejoinder!

Put some work into it, son!
Do actual research instead of reading your lines.
Feel free to stray from the script.

Your 'just one question' can be addressed, as soon as you answer the 'just one question' which was put to you.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Feb 16

Originally posted by Kegge
You're an idiot, go away.

Edit: Interesting: You feel personally attacked when being compared to the lard. I wonder how he feels about that.
Since you've positioned yourself to the south of an idiot, where does that leave you?
You're unprepared (and ill-equipped) to defend your belief, while I am fully prepared and armed to the teeth to defend my perspective.
You would not win in a debate on the topic, even if there were no challenge to your belief--- your grasp on the particulars of your belief are literally that tenuous.

You're telling me to go away?
Based on what, exactly?
Your insistence?
Pound sand, punk.

As to your edit, I take no attack personally.
Not surprised this was lost on you.
What I have been unsuccessful in getting you to understand (I'll take the blame on this one) is that folks like you who feel their grasp on reality is intertwined with their belief system will immediately pounce upon the presenter of evidence contradicting their beliefs, instead of objectively considering the facts of the case.
You could have just as readily compared to me to your mother's gaping vagina, your father's sagging manhood, or any other seemingly undesirable scenario and the results would have been the same: you're not addressing what is being presented, you're attacking the presenter.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Feb 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Funny how it works with automatic cameras on telescopic lenses also.

So how far is the sun? And why does Orion look upside down in New Zealand? You haven't answered those two questions.
Did you have a point?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Feb 16

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I see. So where does the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station reside on a flat earth? Also, how do you account for the countless people who have been to the South Pole and for the people who have crossed the Antarctic?
Answer first this: how did anyone know when they reached the South Pole?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
It's interesting that you, of all people, should be complaining about ad hominems being dished out in the course of debating beliefs on this issue. See here Thread 165913. 😛
I'm sure you have a point.
Care to share it with the class, or are you going to keep it to yourself while you sit in the corner?

F

Moves
28 Feb 16
1 edit

I'm sure you have a point.
Care to share it with the class, or are you going to keep it to yourself while you sit in the corner?
The debate on this topic already happened on the thread I gave the link to. People can see how you and your arguments fared (and how you behaved) there, in detail, and with a fair few other posters involved.