1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 08:06
    @a-unique-nickname said
    Why?
    I enjoy wishing people, even people I don’t know very well, the best in life in terms of heath and happiness. I feel that the sentiment is rooted in a sort of altruism, if there is such a thing. However it’s spiritual release benefits myself in helping me feel like a good person, and the recipient in that they feel someone has their best interests at heart.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 08:45
    @divegeester said
    I enjoy wishing people, even people I don’t know very well, the best in life in terms of heath and happiness. I feel that the sentiment is rooted in a sort of altruism, if there is such a thing. However it’s spiritual release benefits myself in helping me feel like a good person, and the recipient in that they feel someone has their best interests at heart.
    I dread going into a hot office due to health issues. Thanks for your altruistic understanding.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 09:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I dread going into a hot office due to health issues. Thanks for your altruistic understanding.
    Gosh you seem to dread a lot of things in your work life.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 11:12
    @divegeester said
    Come on, pull the other one.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 11:18
    @divegeester said
    what a crock!!!
  6. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 11:57
    @rookie54 said
    Ben Dover
    and Phil McCavity
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 12:08
    uranus explorer
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 12:22
    @divegeester said
    Gosh you seem to dread a lot of things in your work life.
    No, only heat.

Like to see you endure a 2 hour meeting in an environment that feels like an oven.
  9. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 13:45
    @fmf said
    FMM
    MCC ?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 13:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No, only heat.

Like to see you endure a 2 hour meeting in an environment that feels like an oven.
    I was mistaken I took it that was the cold that bothered you. I am going to have to look that one up, and I am sure it affects people in different ways?

-VR
  11. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 13:56
    @very-rusty said
    I was mistaken I took it that was the cold that bothered you. I am going to have to look that one up, and I am sure it affects people in different ways?

-VR
    I have a feeling that Ghost will have had quite enough of your prognostications.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 14:02
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 14:20
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    For me, it is the sudden change of temperature, usually entering a hot room after being out in the cold. In winter, I always wear a good pair of gloves when outside, although cold water can mess with my fingers. My existence would be a much happier one however if central heating didn't exist.

That said, an open fire would be the death of me. 😲
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 14:21
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 14:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    For me, it is the sudden change of temperature, usually entering a hot room after being out in the cold. In winter, I always wear a good pair of gloves when outside, although cold water can mess with my fingers. My existence would be a much happier one however if central heating didn't exist.

That said, an open fire would be the death of me. 😲
    I've never heard of anyone with this condition, just trying to get a better understanding of it is all.

I will always call him Trev, in answer to your other post.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree