Did you Know?

Did you Know?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
81d

@very-rusty said
Exactly and how fast would you have to be moving Mr. t-g?? 🙂

-VR
That depends upon where space starts.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
81d

@the-gravedigger said
That depends upon where space starts.
I would have thought a smart fellow like yourself would have that figured out by now. 🙂

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
81d

@very-rusty said
I would have thought a smart fellow like yourself would have that figured out by now. 🙂

-VR
I am just a simple Gravedigger. I don't have a PhD in statistical cosmology.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
81d

@the-gravedigger said
I am just a simple Gravedigger. I don't have a PhD in statistical cosmology.
So actually you have no interest in statistical cosmology? Why bother to ask how fast one would have to go to reach outer space in an hour? 🙂

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
81d

@very-rusty said
So actually you have no interest in statistical cosmology? Why bother to ask how fast one would have to go to reach outer space in an hour? 🙂

-VR
Just because you don't have a PhD in a subjcst it does not mean you have no interest in it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
81d

What famous person has dissociative identity disorder?

Famous people with dissociative identity disorder include Marilyn Monroe, Roseanne Barr, Adam Duritz, and Herschel Walker. Walker wrote a book about his struggles with DID, along with his suicide attempts, explaining he had a feeling of disconnect from childhood to the professional leagues. Sep 1, 2023

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
79d

What does cp24 stand for?

CablePulse24. Links. Website. cp24.com. It was first originally launched on March 30, 1998, under the name CablePulse24 by its owners CHUM Limited and Sun Media.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
75d

Interesting facts for adults

Australia is wider than the moon.

Venus is the only planet to spin clockwise.

Allodoxaphobia is the fear of other people's opinions.

Human teeth are the only part of the body that cannot heal themselves.

Competitive art used to be an Olympic sport.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
74d

https://kids.niehs.nih.gov/games/riddles/jokes/fun-facts-and-trivia

Fun Facts and Trivia

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
71d

https://www.growingplay.com/2022/01/fun-facts-for-kids-2/

OVER 200 FUN FACTS FOR KIDS!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
68d

https://www.funkidslive.com/learn/top-10-facts/top-10-weirdest-facts/

Top 10 Facts

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
65d

Did you know these Christmas Facts?

'Jingle Bells' was originally a Thanksgiving song. ...

In Japan, it's tradition for people to enjoy a Kentucky fried Christmas. ...

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer almost had a different name. ...

How did the tradition of Christmas stockings begin? ...

The first Rockefeller Center Christmas tree was actually small.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
62d

https://parade.com/1019661/marynliles/wtf-facts/

100 Wild and Wacky WTF Facts That Are So Shocking They'll Have You Saying 'Whoa?!'

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
62d

What does oui je suis fou mean?

Translation of "je suis fou" in English. I'm crazy I am crazy I'm mad I'm insane I'm nuts I am mad am I crazy me crazy.

Nothing said about the TWINS here! 🙂

-VR

Moves
62d

Did you know that myths of old are not always totally fiction? But perhaps it's only matters of coincidences? However, we needed to keep in mind that these myths typically involve divine characters who are the gods and their escapades with humans in producing half-gods, the heroes of old.

Modern medical facts confirm that, excluding the skin, hair follicles, and intestinal lining, the liver is the only organ of the body that can regenerate itself if a portion is cut off.

In the Journal of Hepatology we have an interesting article addressing ancient myths and the liver. Tityus: A forgotten myth of liver regeneration. It's a free article.

Abstract

The ancient Greek myth of Tityus is related to liver regeneration in the same way as the well known myth of Prometheus is. Depictions of the punishment of Prometheus are frequently used by lecturers on liver regeneration; however, Tityus remains unknown despite the fact that he received the same punishment and his myth could also be used as a paradigm for the organ's extraordinary ability to regenerate. Nevertheless, there is no convincing evidence that ancient Greeks had any specific knowledge about liver regeneration, a concept introduced in the early 19th century. We describe and analyze the myth of Tityus and compare it to the myth of Prometheus. We also explore artistic and literary links and summarize recent scientific data on the mechanisms of liver regeneration. Finally, we highlight links of the legend of Tityus with other sciences.

https://www.journal-of-hepatology.eu/article/S0168-8278(10)00325-9/fulltext